What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down Goes the Motorcycle  (Read 12079 times)

svspa

• Jacuzzi J-345
Re: Down Goes the Motorcycle
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 01:27:41 pm »
Brooke,

Hope J makes a speedy recovery.

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 01:27:41 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2007, 01:36:32 am »
Looks like the bike's in for a couple grand in just replacement tupperware.  Those body panels are pretty darn expensive.  But looks repairable.

Boggles my mind how someone can look at a photo of a banged up helmet just like yours, and still decide not to wear one.  I know that in certain crashes they might not benefit, but in this case it probably saved a life.
Brewman

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 02:55:39 pm »
I have had more than my share of road rash and it is not any fun. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

I have been riding bikes since I was 16 and still love it today. I have my bike setup where no one will want to be beside me on the road. Stuart can tell you how quiet it is. ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Brookenstein

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2007, 12:29:41 pm »
The damage estimate on the bike is ~$3200.

J wants to try to go to work this week.  We rescheduled his follow up from Wed to Mon.    We are going to ask them to xray his ribs as well when they xray the collar bone.  They never checked them at the hospital and they are in a lot of pain.  Also, his entire left side of his chest is so deformed looking.   :(

I think the worst thing for him this week was getting a stomach virus and vomitting for 48 hours with a broken collar bone.

He still hasn't said much about how he feels about riding again.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 07:32:00 pm »
Ouch!  That had to hurt.

Amazing how expensive repairs on those plastic panels can be, but it looks like you'll have to get the bike fixed- $3200 is probably well below the book value, so no dice on getting the thing totalled.

Let J have a few weeks to heal up before worrying about getting back on the bike.  
By the time the bike is fixed up, he may be in a better state of mind on if he wants to keep riding.  

You'd have to wait until after the repairs before you could sell, anyway.  And those parts can take some time to get lined up.  Dealers don't often carry them in stock, and it seems like no matter what you need, there is always one part on back order!
Brewman

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 07:04:19 pm »
I have had more than my share of road rash and it is not any fun. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

I have been riding bikes since I was 16 and still love it today. I have my bike setup where no one will want to be beside me on the road. Stuart can tell you how quiet it is. ;D
First off I don't think Motorcycles where around when Gary was 16. :D

Second, the reason I communicate over forums so much is that after a few days of riding with Gary this summer I've lost much of my hearing. (I did finally decide it was better to ride in front of him than behind him!).

The pipes weren't the only distraction with Gary's bike, the Chrome was blinding from behind!

We went from lava fields, to desert, down into caves, across dessert and up onto snowy peaks in one day.

He got a bit scared when a rouge squirrel didn't care how much he looked like a tough biker and stole the end of his ice cream cone.

(BTW, it was a bit strange for two big tough biker guys to be eating foo foo ice cream on a mountain top in 45 degree weather?)

Gary

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 02:22:15 pm »
First off I don't think Motorcycles where around when Gary was 16. :D

Second, the reason I communicate over forums so much is that after a few days of riding with Gary this summer I've lost much of my hearing. (I did finally decide it was better to ride in front of him than behind him!).

The pipes weren't the only distraction with Gary's bike, the Chrome was blinding from behind!

We went from lava fields, to desert, down into caves, across dessert and up onto snowy peaks in one day.

He got a bit scared when a rouge squirrel didn't care how much he looked like a tough biker and stole the end of his ice cream cone.

(BTW, it was a bit strange for two big tough biker guys to be eating foo foo ice cream on a mountain top in 45 degree weather?)

We will have to do it again this year.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 03:35:36 pm »

Brokeback Mountain II?? ;D
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chad

• 2006 Jacuzzi J-345
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 04:05:26 pm »

;D ;D ;D

anne

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2007, 05:19:20 pm »

;D ;D ;D I can hear the soundtrack in the background  ;D ;D ;D
Dance like nobody's watching

Gary

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2007, 05:27:52 pm »
We were beside a lake not on a mountain, if that's makes any difference. ;D

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 08:51:53 am »
Brokeback Mountain II!  ;D

Anyway Brooke, glad to hear J is doing better.

Steve

Brookenstein

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 10:50:38 am »
Thanks Steve.

We went to the dr yesterday.  He isn't healing as well as he would have liked.   :(  Not a big concern yet, but the dr did mention the possibilty of surgery.  Hopefully in the next month things will be looking better on his xrays.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2007, 10:50:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42