What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Resin Towel Racks  (Read 6198 times)

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Resin Towel Racks
« on: March 01, 2006, 02:53:40 pm »
I am not sure if these even exist, but here goes. I am looking for a towel rack to use outside by the tub. We live in the Interior of BC, so we get cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I was thinking resin might serve me best. We leave our patio furniture out in the shed during the winter and have found no problems. We have seen lots of nice wooden racks, and some metal ones, but do not think they will stand up well in the cold snowy winters. This towel rack search has been ongoing since we bought the tub in September. Btw...we are not looking to spend hundreds of dollars...

Hot Tub Forum

Resin Towel Racks
« on: March 01, 2006, 02:53:40 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Resin Towel Racks
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 04:29:31 pm »
 Look around, you should be able to find something.
Try home stores, pool and spa shops, and the internet.
If you're creative, consider constructing something yourself using PVC pipe and fittings.  Then spray paint it whatever color you like.  I've seen lounge chairs mad from pvc pipe and fittings, and they didn't look half bad.
Brewman

galen

• Maxxus
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 10:45:21 pm »
I would not use anything metal and stand it close to the tub. Thats a no, no. Unless there is a ground to it. I would use a 4x4 and 45 some short braces for legs at the bottom. The at the top drill some 3/4" holes at a 45 and tamp in some dowel rods for the hooks or go to your hobby store and screw on some hooks.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 09:10:47 am »
I searched and only could find wood, metal or plastic towel racks, not any "resin"  products.   Are you that far from the house that towels are needed?  anyhow...

My wife came home one day with the platic towel rack/tree that you see in many catalogs and department stores. I was not impressed with  the quality and sure enough it snapped before the end of the season (used for pool towels).  I have a wooden one I bougth from Target  and it held up well last season, but I think it will need another coat of stain this year.

On the tub's cover liter I have a plastic sleeve that snaps onto the lifter's bar that has hooks for towels,  never used it, not sure if it would work, but  it's an option.

Some folks have said they use the shephard hooks  stakes (Typically used for outdoor hanging plants) to hang a robe or towel. They are not resin, but metal and are rated for outdoor use.  YMMV.

Have you considered this? Its an aluminum towle bar that mounts to the side of the tub.  I have no knwoelge of them, but they appear to be pretty sturdy and might hold better?  (althogh I'm not a fan of towels being so close to the water They could get wet.

http://www.spacoverbuydirect.com/hot_tub_accessories/hot_tub_spa_towel_bar.html

I assume you only need to have a place to put dry towels Someplace nearby for when you get out of the tub, not necessarly a tree or rack to hang wet towels? If thats the case, a small table by the tub would hold folded towels, or a storage box, or side bar? (Just trying to brain storm)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 09:16:52 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 09:17:39 am »
Thanks for all the input. As of now, we just place our towels on the steps. We would like some kind of rack just to have them out of the way, and also when we have company, too many towels on the steps get in the way. We only have about 1-1.5 ft of clearance beside the tub, to the wall of the gazebo type covering.

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2006, 09:33:48 am »
Can you mount something to the wall of your gazebo/enclosure?  I have a wall mounted coat rack mounted to the side of my house by the spa.  It has 6 double-hooks to hold towels and robes.  I got it at Walmart for less than $15.  

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2006, 09:36:59 am »
Thanks for all the input. As of now, we just place our towels on the steps. We would like some kind of rack just to have them out of the way, and also when we have company, too many towels on the steps get in the way. We only have about 1-1.5 ft of clearance beside the tub, to the wall of the gazebo type covering.

oh....then Just add some hooks/racks/shelfs  that are made out of the same wood  as the gazebo. It will last just as long.  :)  Why do you need a rack that will outlast the structure? Using the same wood and stain so as to  ensure a pretty uniform aging as well.
07 Caldera Geneva

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2006, 09:48:19 am »
Our gazebo is more like a tent. It has a metal frame with solid canvas walls and netting walls. I guess you would call it more portable. It fits around the tub very nice, but there is little room for much else, ie table chairs etc..I may just put plastic hooks around the ceiling frame.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 09:59:29 am »
Our gazebo is more like a tent. It has a metal frame with solid canvas walls and netting walls. I guess you would call it more portable. It fits around the tub very nice, but there is little room for much else, ie table chairs etc..I may just put plastic hooks around the ceiling frame.

Well obvioulsy then you need to build a outdoor bar with refigerator, kergorator, a microwave for goodies and a nice fireplace for amibence.  On the side of the bar mount a towel rack.   Problem solved! Easy!  ;D
07 Caldera Geneva

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 10:03:39 am »
Sounds like a plan, I will get working on it ASAP ;)

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 10:06:44 am »
Take a look at 'Over-the-door- coat racks.  You may be able to hook it over the poles supporting your gazebo.

Maybe something like this

http://www.stacksandstacks.com/html/35024_over-the-door-hook-york.htm

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 11:47:52 am »
Thanks for the links. The ones that I saw and really liked do not ship outside of the US. I will see if in laws are planning to venture north and bring with them. Thanks again.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2006, 11:47:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42