What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hydropool Fool. Anyone?  (Read 13308 times)

ramdom

• Hydropool 625er.
Hydropool Fool. Anyone?
« on: February 21, 2006, 03:13:33 am »
I've got this lovely Hydropool 625 Anniversary Edition tub sitting in my backyard since November. It's sure a wonderful place to relax, retreat and feel like you're at a resort: in -20C Canadian weather. It has some design flaws and some wonderful, fully-loaded features, much like all tubs I imagine. Everybody must have at least one thing they'd change, if they could, after using their tub for a while but...

I keep reading about all these other big name brands - the usual suspects: Hot Springs, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Marquis, etc. etc.

Are there any other Hydropool owners out there in Teletubby Land who'd like to compare notes? Complaints? Raves? Concerns?

Hot Tub Forum

Hydropool Fool. Anyone?
« on: February 21, 2006, 03:13:33 am »

audi

• Hydropool 800 Titanium
Re: Hydropool Fool. Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 10:47:22 am »
I have a 800 series Titanium, about 1 month old.  I find it extremely comfortable and really enjoy it.  I have had a few issues, but the dealer has been excellent coming out right away for service so far.  The only annoying thing, is for some reason my tub came with no perimeter insulation, and now have to wait till spring to fix it (no access on 2 sides so need to drain it to fix it).  At first I didnt think this was a big deal, but now notice it doesnt hold its heat while using it for even 20 mins, and seems to be running alot in this cold weather  - so I am getting concerned at what my electric bill will be like!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 11:01:15 am »
Is the perimiter insulation some sort of option or add-on?

How did your tub escape the factory like that?
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

audi

• Hydropool 800 Titanium
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 11:03:12 am »
no, its not an add-on.  I never would have noticed but it was a point the sales guy made when he was showing us the features.  I have no idea how they 'skipped' this step.  Which was the same answer the dealer gave me.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 11:09:25 am »
no, its not an add-on.  I never would have noticed but it was a point the sales guy made when he was showing us the features.  I have no idea how they 'skipped' this step.  Which was the same answer the dealer gave me.

I think I might ask them to find a way to reimburse me for lost energy at some agreed upon figure since they're admitting to you that the insulation was left off of the spa.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 11:22:50 am »
I've got this lovely Hydropool 625 Anniversary Edition tub sitting in my backyard ...

I wasnt aware Hydropool had been in business that long.    ;D   ;)    

Sorry.   And now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Measure once, cut twice.

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 12:22:47 am »
I don't have too much to offer here as my Hydropool 638 will be all of two weeks old this weekend.  Mine is rather unusual in that it's a 2006 model in Black Eclipse, a color that's not available according to their website.  Turns out they had a few sheets left from 2005 and I got lucky.  Mine is the Platinum edition with 40 jets, two pumps, the LED light, non-stainless jets and no blower.  Oddly, to me anyway, Hydropool offers a ton of different colors for the tub but only a couple of cover colors.

So far, my housemates and I are enjoying it.  I'm partial to the lounge.  I find I float but I don't float away; it kind of suspends me in "midwater" and I like that.  There's a jet on the left side of the lounge that, if it's open, tends to push me out of the "midwater" position so I've just closed it off.  I'm not sure why it's there in the first place.

I have two complaints.   One is that I find the tub noise resonates through my deck.  This I attribute to the deck, not the tub, and I think it's something I'd get with any hot tub.  Come May, with the first draining, my dealer said he's got a couple of ideas on how to deal with it.  The other one is really piddly.  Getting the cover off the ice bucket is harder than it needs to be.  I'm going to get a stainless steel screw and a couple of nuts to remedy that.

The only other thing is that I'd like to know how to shut the control panel light off.  I like soaking in the dark (hence the Black Eclipse color) and I find it's a bit distracting.  I don't think it can be shut off except to wait until it does it automatically.  I think the long-term solution will be a piece of black plastic bar stock that I'll rout out and use as a cover for it.  

Jim
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 12:27:32 am by jim97219 »

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 09:20:26 am »
I have two complaints.   One is that I find the tub noise resonates through my deck.  This I attribute to the deck, not the tub, and I think it's something I'd get with any hot tub.  Come May, with the first draining, my dealer said he's got a couple of ideas on how to deal with it.  The other one is really piddly.  Getting the cover off the ice bucket is harder than it needs to be.  I'm going to get a stainless steel screw and a couple of nuts to remedy that.

Next time you have the door off, check to see if the shipping screws are still in place. These screws hold the pumps down for shipping so that they do not move. Once in place in your backyard, they no longer serve any purpose but to amplify the sound of your pumps.

Now, if you move the tub on its side (like the installers likely did) you may want to reinstall these screws.

The only other thing is that I'd like to know how to shut the control panel light off.  I like soaking in the dark (hence the Black Eclipse color) and I find it's a bit distracting.  I don't think it can be shut off except to wait until it does it automatically.  I think the long-term solution will be a piece of black plastic bar stock that I'll rout out and use as a cover for it.  

Jim

As far a know, you cant turn the lights off. You can unplug the control, but then nothing works. You could remove the topside control and remove the bulbs, in that case you never have a light there.
Homeworks Financing Representative

bobhol

• delivery in 35 minutes......or its LATE!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2006, 01:31:44 pm »
I have the Serenity 6000 Elite Plus by Hydropool. It is 17  months old and has been flawless .If I could change anything it would be the operating noise. I  know it is not very loud because my neighbours tub is noisier than mine. I have now gotten use to my noise level and consider theirs unbearable. My tolerances have changed I guess . funny enough I wish my control panel did lite up at nite so I can see the pads more easily. BUT I LOVE MY TUB!!!!!  Bobhol

jim97219

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2006, 04:39:20 pm »

Next time you have the door off, check to see if the shipping screws are still in place. These screws hold the pumps down for shipping so that they do not move. Once in place in your backyard, they no longer serve any purpose but to amplify the sound of your pumps.

Now, if you move the tub on its side (like the installers likely did) you may want to reinstall these screws.

HotTubMan,

You nailed it! I called my dealer to ask about it because I didn't want to remove screws that are needed.  He said those are the screws used during shipping to hold the motor.  So I took them out and it makes a TON of difference!!!  I may still go for the pad deal.  I'll get with my dealer and see if he thinks it would make a difference.

As for the topside controls being lit, I think my routed-out black plastic bar idea is going to work just fine.

Again, thanks for your suggestion!  

Jim

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2006, 09:35:41 pm »
Glad I could help.

I dont think this problem or potential problem is a Hydropool exclusive...I know its not...so hopefully this helps others.
Homeworks Financing Representative

audi

• Hydropool 800 Titanium
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 09:05:31 am »
what do these screws look like/where are they? i should check mine as well.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 09:16:10 am »
will this now be changed to the "check your screws" thread?  ;)
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 09:16:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42