What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: marquis destiny vs hot spring vanguard  (Read 8545 times)

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
marquis destiny vs hot spring vanguard
« on: February 23, 2006, 06:27:26 pm »
I am trying to decide between these two spas. I like them both. each salesman says that there spa is the best. what do you think? I like the hotspring feature that you do not use bromine. the cost is about the same. Please help. have a great day.

Hot Tub Forum

marquis destiny vs hot spring vanguard
« on: February 23, 2006, 06:27:26 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: marquis destiny vs hot spring vanguard
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 06:34:30 pm »
I am trying to decide between these two spas. I like them both. each salesman says that there spa is the best. what do you think? I like the hotspring feature that you do not use bromine. the cost is about the same. Please help. have a great day.

1) I'm not a bromine fan but that has no bearing on which you choose as either spa can use bromine and either can use chlorine or whatever method you end up going with.

2) You'll find owners of both brands that are pleased with their spas as both are well made spas with good reputations so I'd turn it around and ask, what do you think?
- Are you equally comfortable with both dealers(how long in business, who does service, are they eager to assist you in a way where you think they'll continue to be so after they get your check in hand, etc.)?
- Have you wet tested the two spas in question to see which fits/feels best?
- Are they both including everything you'll need in the quote package (steps, lifter, chems, ozone, etc.)?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 07:02:18 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 09:18:16 pm »
I'll lay it right out there.  I'm a Marquis owner and I think Marquis gives an awesome massage.  We tested the HS Envoy and I liked it...just think the Epic does it better.

You can't go wrong with either choice.  They are both superior products.  Good luck in your decision.
2005 Marquis Epic

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 09:26:10 pm »
and if that fails.....toss a coin in the air, then go to your local HS dealer while you wait for it to land and stop spinning......  ;D
RIP C-Rod

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 09:48:31 pm »
As a Marquis dealer you know what I would choose.... ;)...but Hot Springs makes a fine product and seems for the most part to have reputable and solid dealers.....Each of the spas will offer something different than the other and each might have a slight advantage here and there that you may like better about one than the other.....In the end you are looking at 2 of the better brands out there and both company's back there products as good as any in the indusrty.....You will not make a bad choice with either one.....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 09:49:51 pm by Mendocino101 »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 10:08:23 pm »
Just to add Hot water is Hot water...and you can sanitize it in a few different ways.... what that means is as SpaTech pointed out what will work in one will also work in the other.....Marquis does incorporate in-line frog and when used properly does a wonderful job,  many like its convenience ......but if you would like to go another way than use what works best for you....I will say this and again it can be used in either spa the frog mineral is unique in some ways when compared to some of the other minerals cartridges but again you can use it with either spa.....

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 11:02:36 pm »
Thanks for the input, I did a wet test today on the Hs, will wet test destiny on monday. both dealers seem to be very good. HS dealer has been in the same location for over 20 years. marquis dealer is just moving to a new site, which is only a mile away from the Hs dealer. What is thr real deal about the 24hr cirul pump, does is save mone? The destiny does not have a 100% no-bypass filtration, does that matter? The warrenty seems to be the same. thanks for the help

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 11:15:29 pm »
The real deal on the 24 hour circ pump is that it gives you 24 hour circulation.... ;)

It also gives you 24-hour ozone. This could be good or bad. If there is a good contact chamber with no off gas then it's not a bad thing however, if the ozone off gases at all you can potentially wear out covers, pillows and other things sooner from the corrosive nature of O3.

My personal opinion is that a 24-hour circ pump is not a decision factor. If you can accomplish the same filtration and cleaning for the same power cost without adding another system to potentially fail why wouldn't you?

You need to turn over a significant amount of surface water to have ideal water quality. In order to do this you need to use higher flow pumps. If your turning the jet pumps on long enough to do this your not saving money with the circ pump.

I like the Destiny a lot... I also think that it will be less expensive to own over time for cost of filters, pillows and proprietary components. The wet test should show you a lot.....

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2006, 11:55:57 pm »
OK, as a Hot Spring dealer you know which one I would recommend.  

Agreed, they are both good brands.

The statement that you will save over time with the Marquis is highly dubious.

For what its worth, Vanguard has more jets, 2 Jet pumps; Destiny has 1 jet pump.  Hot Spring has high output CD ozone, Marquis has UV ozone.

You are getting more bang for your buck with the Vanguard.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2006, 12:25:23 am »
OK, as a Hot Spring dealer you know which one I would recommend.  

Agreed, they are both good brands.

The statement that you will save over time with the Marquis is highly dubious.

For what its worth, Vanguard has more jets, 2 Jet pumps; Destiny has 1 jet pump.  Hot Spring has high output CD ozone, Marquis has UV ozone.

You are getting more bang for your buck with the Vanguard.

Dan ...

With all due respect you are way way off base with your misinformation about the Marquis first it is a 2 pump spa with 38 jets....oops that's 6 more than in the vanguard.....it does not use a old style UV bulb for ozone ....it use a solid state plasma style ....which is UL approved and guaranteed for 3 years ....in testing it shows no depletion of ozone output during that time...if your going to talk about another product at least keep it current....

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2006, 12:30:47 am »
I apologize.  Must have been refering to old information. :'(
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2006, 12:38:06 am »
I am sorry for being a bit quick.....You know how it is.....We all are proud of what we offer....and  hate when someone else misrepresents your product.....lol I know its tough enough to keep up with your own brands changes from year to year....let alone always knowing what others are doing.....You are in a beautiful part of the state.....I spent my summers growing up in Redwood Valley.....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 12:39:19 am by Mendocino101 »

cappykat

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2006, 10:25:50 am »
Mendo...always the gentleman!
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 11:15:38 am »
Thanks for the input, I did a wet test today on the Hs, will wet test destiny on monday. both dealers seem to be very good. HS dealer has been in the same location for over 20 years. marquis dealer is just moving to a new site, which is only a mile away from the Hs dealer. What is thr real deal about the 24hr cirul pump, does is save mone? The destiny does not have a 100% no-bypass filtration, does that matter? The warrenty seems to be the same. thanks for the help

I think what you're seeing from this thread is people are passionate about both brands yet still repsectful of the other so you really can't go wrong either way. Continue your testing and gather information fully so you can compare your options and let us know how it goes.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2006, 11:15:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42