What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Chargers. I want to cry.  (Read 10806 times)

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
Re: Chargers. I want to cry.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 01:22:06 pm »
from this article: http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nflside16jan16,1,1493472.story?coll=la-headlines-sports

Hobbs added the San Diego fans were "spitting at us, they're throwing stuff, the fans are giving us the finger, they're chanting, 'We want Indy!' … And it all just backfired in their face."

Well isn't that nice.

Can't wait till next year...I hope all the Patriots get out there and dance the damn hokey pokey across those lighting bolts painted on the field.

And they've got Rivers on tape yelling to Hobbs that he's the worst corner in the league.

Any team who orders a victory parade before the game deserves no respect.

This is sooo sweet because the Chargers with all their pregame trash talk just didn't think they could lose.  Double that for Meriman with his "lights out dance" who was a non factor in the game. ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 01:22:06 pm »

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 01:24:08 pm »

Can't wait till next year...I hope all the Patriots get out there and dance the damn hokey pokey across those lighting bolts painted on the field.

I think the Chargers come to Foxboro next year. ;)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 01:33:10 pm »

I think the Chargers come to Foxboro next year. ;)

You are right.  :)

I wonder if New England should restrict ticket sales to that game to only people with a New England address?  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 01:49:15 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 02:07:17 pm »
I think they should.  I understand Indy is doing it for this Sunday with Manning saying "we only want Colts blue in the stands."

Of course there aren't many tickets to get for any game in Foxboro.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 08:43:23 am »
I think they should.  I understand Indy is doing it for this Sunday with Manning saying "we only want Colts blue in the stands."

Of course there aren't many tickets to get for any game in Foxboro.

No there are  not a lot. When they built the new Stadium they didn't increase the capacity. (I like it. It's a great stadium).  But we don't restrict ticket sales to  anyone and I am against doing so. It's a sport for crying out loud. Fans should be welcomed. I don't mind some good natured ribbing, but restricitng ticket sales is for losers.  

I spoke to a few folks who thought it was a good idea for the playoffs, and was amazed. These are the same folks that complain and moan that you can only get tickets from a scalper....arrrgh.

Maybe NewEngland should just restrict tickets to those people living in South Cal, Chicago and Indiana?  ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 08:43:45 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 11:08:06 am »

No there are  not a lot. When they built the new Stadium they didn't increase the capacity. (I like it. It's a great stadium).  But we don't restrict ticket sales to  anyone and I am against doing so.  

I wouldn't jump on my high horse just yet. This is a new trend for big games and you can't say NE is not on board until they have their next big playoff game. Indy and SD didn't use to do it either. I'd expect it to become the norm when teams can EASILY sell out a playoff game and want that home field advantage.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 11:16:02 am »

I wouldn't jump on my high horse just yet. This is a new trend for big games and you can't say NE is not on board until they have their next big playoff game. Indy and SD didn't use to do it either. I'd expect it to become the norm when teams can EASILY sell out a playoff game and want that home field advantage.

I don't know if I'm on a high horse or not.  I don't speak for NE.   Just myslef.  I'd be disapointed too if NE did it as well.

Restricting ticket sales is lousy for ALL the fans, the comunity, encourages high end scalping, and relfects poorly on the team.(IMHO).  

07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 11:53:44 am »

I don't know if I'm on a high horse or not.  I don't speak for NE.   Just myslef.  I'd be disapointed too if NE did it as well.

Restricting ticket sales is lousy for ALL the fans, the comunity, encourages high end scalping, and relfects poorly on the team.(IMHO).  

I can't agree with you. If Indy has a home game I see nothing wrong with them hold the tickets for their fans. They could probably sell 100,000 tickets to that game but can probably only seat 70,000. Why not reward their fans by making it availble to them? If NE fans want to go to the game they need to have their team earn home field.

Reese

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 12:13:24 pm »
I was under the impression that the NFL controls the ticket policies for playoff games.  Teams can't issue any without league approval, and allocations for home teams, visitors, NFL teams/sponsors/big wigs are rigid.  I believe that season ticket-holders snap up most of the home team seats that are available to the general public.  I would guess that any restrictions regarding buyer addresses are an attempt to limit scalping, and ensure that the tickets go to fans -- not brokers.  I doubt it is part of a conspiracy to enhance home field advantage. :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 12:13:28 pm »

I can't agree with you. If Indy has a home game I see nothing wrong with them hold the tickets for their fans. They could probably sell 100,000 tickets to that game but can probably only seat 70,000. Why not reward their fans by making it availble to them? If NE fans want to go to the game they need to have their team earn home field.

How do you define Fan? Resident of the State?  Maybe they should check ID's at the gate too? . I guess Tickets to the Superbowl this year will only be sold to New England And Lousiana fans, eh? Hey you want to see a Superbowl game, them have "your team"  EARN it.

What if I was a New England fan and actually lived in San Deigo? Could I buy ticket?  Or should we restrict it to only "Charger Fans, living in SoCa?  

It would be a sad day in sports if this ever gets offically adopted.  How can you restric ticket sales to fans? It goes against everything about being a fan, the competion of the sport.  Talk about poor sportmenship. I  think it sucks.

I bet it could be argued that restricting ticket sales could be a form of discrimination and actionable in a court of law?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:22:18 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 12:15:15 pm »
I was under the impression that the NFL controls the ticket policies for playoff games.  Teams can't issue any without league approval, and allocations for home teams, visitors, NFL teams/sponsors/big wigs are rigid.  I believe that season ticket-holders snap up most of the home team seats that are available to the general public.  I would guess that any restrictions regarding buyer addresses are an attempt to limit scalping, and ensure that the tickets go to fans -- not brokers.  I doubt it is part of a conspiracy to enhance home field advantage. :)

Nope. IT was cleary stated that it was done with the specific desire to fill the stadium with Charger fans. It's got nothing to do with scalping and everything to do with home field advantage.
07 Caldera Geneva

Reese

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 12:30:11 pm »

Nope. IT was cleary stated that it was done with the specific desire to fill the stadium with Charger fans. It's got nothing to do with scalping and everything to do with home field advantage.
I'm curious what the source for all this hub-bub was.  Clearly stated by whom (or who -- I never can remember which way to go on that :-/ :))?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:38:30 pm by Reese »

Reese

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 12:42:17 pm »
... I guess Tickets to the Superbowl this year will only be sold to New England And Lousiana fans, eh?...
Although Drewstar's source of info on ticket policies may very well prove me wrong :), I've got to leave shortly so I'll just take the chance and comment on Super Bowl tickets:  Very few Super Bowl tickets go to true fans (by most definitions :).)  The NFL distributes a majority of them to corporate sponsors, business partners, lobbying targets, team owners (for similar uses), etc.  Even the host city/team get very few, and most of them are used as perks, not sold to the public.  Even season ticket holders for the teams in the game have little opportunity to attend.  I don't think their address will make much difference.

Other than lotteries by the the participating teams and host location, one of the best sources for people who actually have to buy tickets are NFL players and coaches who each are allotted tickets for purchase.  They used to do quite nicely scalping them, attracting media and IRS attention...so the NFL now requires the player/coach to pick them up in person at the event location, and account for their distribution.  8-)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 12:48:16 pm »
It's been widely reported that it's the reason.  iut's pretty common knowledge. This isn't the first time it's been done either.  I'm sorry I cant provide you direct quotes, but google news should help you if you feel you need further information.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 12:48:39 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 01:01:38 pm »

How do you define Fan?

I'd say those that fill the seats for regular games like the ones against Tennesee and Arizona should be the ones with first dibs so I'd say local people. How local? I don't know but I'm sure they can define that pretty well and if there are local NE fans there then they'd have a shot.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 01:02:12 pm by Spatech_tuo »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 01:01:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42