What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Another Cloudiness Question  (Read 2920 times)

richny

Another Cloudiness Question
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:38:52 pm »
The other night me and the kids went into our perfect crystal clear hot tub...my wife joined us a few minutes later and I immediately smelled some sort of lilac scent. I asked her about it and she told me that she applied lotion to her legs...and didn't think about the effect on the water in the tub.

Well needless to say...today the water is unbeliveably cloudy. Nothing seems to clear it up...and my chlorine level a day before was perfect and now it was way off (super low). I added more dichlor...but did not help the cloudiness.

Is the only way to fix this is a water change?

Also...I can assume my filters are also mucked up...I was going to use a bleach solution to soak them for a few hours...is this ok to clean them?  

Any assistance is appreciated. And yes...there will not be any more lotion in the tub

Hot Tub Forum

Another Cloudiness Question
« on: January 31, 2006, 09:38:52 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Another Cloudiness Question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:55:24 pm »
Three things that I know work. High dose of chlorine (10 PPM - will clear but takles a while), enzymes (works well but is slow once there's cloudiness - more of put in before and let them work as needed) and clarifier (this takes about 24 hours to work). Or a combination of chlorine and clarifier - just be fore warned, clarifier can foam. And Filter, Filter, Filter!!!

If the water is real mucky then hit with chlorine for a few hours then drain and refill.

As far as bleach for cleaning the filters - I've used it in the past. 1/4 cup bleach (I guess) to about 2 gallons water (I know real scientific calculations). I did notice after that the plastic on the filter was a little lighter in color, so I plan on using filter cleaner in the future.

Hope this helps!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Another Cloudiness Question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 09:55:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42