What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River Caspian Jet Problem  (Read 2669 times)

emahn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Tiger River Caspian Jet Problem
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:08:14 pm »
We've had our Tiger River Caspian for approximately one month and Jet Pump #2 has stopped working.  The motor hums on low but doesn't move any water and doesn't do anything on high.  We called the service department and are waiting for a call back.  Any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

Tiger River Caspian Jet Problem
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:08:14 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Tiger River Caspian Jet Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 09:17:32 pm »
We've had our Tiger River Caspian for approximately one month and Jet Pump #2 has stopped working.  The motor hums on low but doesn't move any water and doesn't do anything on high.  We called the service department and are waiting for a call back.  Any ideas?

Did this follow a water change? If so you probably have an air lock requiring you to very slightly loosen the nut at the pump to allow the air to escape. If not then you'll nee the service department.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 02:19:07 pm »
I agree with Spatech as it does have the symptoms of an air lock.  Open the drain valve, unscrew the filter cap, run the water hose as far down as it will go, turn the water hose on full blast.  Turn off the breakers and reset them one at a time, 20 amp first, then the 30 amp.

If this doesn't do the trick, let the dealer have a look at it.

I wish you well!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

emahn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:00:25 pm »
Thanks for the advice.  I tried the hose trick but didn't have any luck.  I haven't drained it since the jets last worked.  We called the service dept. but they won't be out until Friday.  I'm dying here!  The other jet pump works fine...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 10:00:25 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42