What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The Great Pool and Spa Show  (Read 36372 times)

salesdvl

Re: The Great Pool and Spa Show
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2005, 12:55:46 pm »
I'm using English so it should be easy to understand...

Let me sum up.  Again.

The pics are fine.  I agree, If you dont want to look then dont click on that thread.

The word "idiot" was in fact not used.  I stand corrected.  My issue was telling someone that their opinion was pointless.  It is only "pointless" to be closeminded and condescending.

The "talkin to the wall" comment comes from the inability to get ones point to be understood ie "I feel like I'm talkin to the wall."

Opinions do not have to have "quantifying info" in order to be valid.  "I like baseball."  doesnt have to be " I like baseball because I played on the little league and hit a homerun and batted .300 and... "

Measure once, cut twice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2005, 12:55:46 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2005, 01:12:13 pm »
The following is the post that bothered me.  How can you say that you are giving good, legitmate, objective advice when you post that someone is an idiot for saying they feel a certain brand is better than HS.

bhawes
  Re: LA Spa Heet
Dec 13th, 2005, 10:47am »  

I  think LA Spas is  great Hot tub even better than Hot Springs and Sundance. It's seems after wet testing that Hot Springs is really overrated not enough jets and very low power. The price for the Hot Springs is only playing for the name while, LA Spas can compete any day with Hot Springs and Sundance.  

The post by BHawes did indeed get things going around here but I personally found that post to be the issue. My original response below to his/her post showed what I thought of the method of placing once's own product high while stepping on another's to elevate it even higher.

I guess what it comes down to is if you say "my son is really smart and I'm really proud of him" that's great. You don't need to follow it up with "and he's much smarter than the kid down the street who everyone thinks is smart but I know my son is smarter".

I think BHawes could have told us all how impressed he/she was without having to put down other spas. It's no different than when we bash delears for knocking others products in their sales presentation rather than selling on the merits of their own brand.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2005, 01:13:51 pm »
When a poster asked "What should I be looking for when I shop for a spa" a while back your first response was "100% no bypass filtration".  Come on, dude.  People come here for quality information.

BTW, here's that other thread you were looking for.  I stand by everything I said in it.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1131050863;start=2

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2005, 01:14:41 pm »
I don't like baseball.
07 Caldera Geneva

salesdvl

« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2005, 01:23:03 pm »

BTW, here's that other thread you were looking for.  I stand by everything I said in it.

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-hottub;action=display;num=1131050863;start=2

Terminator

I stand corrected on that example.  Sorry.
Measure once, cut twice.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2005, 01:25:23 pm »

I stand corrected on that example.  Sorry.

For goodness' sake, don't worry about it.  We are all friends here just trying to help out.  It's Christmas for crying out loud!  Peace on Earth, good will towards all...

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 01:25:55 pm by East_TX_Spa »

salesdvl

« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2005, 01:27:55 pm »

...My original response below to his/her post showed what I thought of the method of placing once's own product high while stepping on another's to elevate it even higher.

I dont see anything wrong with stating an opinion.  I guess it's just a matter of how it's presented.
Measure once, cut twice.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2005, 01:43:57 pm »
For those interested, salesdvl and I settled our differences out back in the alley.  I had him in a guillotine choke when he pulled the old "monkey snatches the peach" move on me and we called it a draw.  And now we're in the online spa drinking virtual Shiner Bock and toasting our good fortunes.

Terminator

salesdvl

« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2005, 02:02:23 pm »
huh?

I dont know anything about monkeys and peaches but ....he promised not to pick on the little boy that always picks his nose at recess as much and I promised to stop criticizing the way he does it as much.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 02:29:28 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2005, 02:10:49 pm »

I dont see anything wrong with stating an opinion.  I guess it's just a matter of how it's presented.

Exactly, BHawes ws entitled to an opinion but it was not presented well IMO so I can understand why Terminator made a sarcastic post where he cut/pasted (I've used that same method in the past when I rolled my eyes at a post). I don't think the end of the world is near and I thnk we can all move on from this.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2005, 02:13:27 pm »
huh?

I dont know anything about monkeys and peaches but ....he promised not to pick on the little boy that always picks his nose at recess as much and I promised to stop criticizing the way he does it as mcuh.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b206/EastTexasSpa/monkeystealspeach.jpg

Monkey Steals Peach, sorry about the wrong terminology.

Terminator
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 02:38:10 pm by East_TX_Spa »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2005, 04:36:27 pm »
Wow........monkeys grabbing peaches......OOWWWW.......and drewstar hates baseball (still LMAO over that one).......now let's all take a nice deep breath......now exhale......now count to 10......now grab a peach........HEY, NOT THOSE!!!!

OK, Term and Salesy have kissed and made up.......SHINERBOCK FOR ALL!!!  (...and to all a good night) 8)

(thread.....RIP)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 04:37:47 pm by windsurfdog »
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Anoroc

« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2005, 04:39:55 pm »
Hey all, I am a new poster of only a couple of months and I must say that I have learned a lot and laughed even more.  

It is human nature to take pride in something even if it is an object like a hot tub.  Good old fashion debate is a good thing and allows for the best ideas and opinions to float to the top.

I must say however, some of the discussions that turn personal will discourage newbie’s from participating.  I think it is important to know when to just agree to disagree.

Let’s not run the risk of scaring members away just because we feel we must have the last word.  I wonder how many are reconsidering this forum even as I send this.

Rick

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2005, 04:39:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42