What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Inside of cover slimy over ozonator  (Read 2287 times)

Nhbeacon

• Still a happy Siberian owner
Inside of cover slimy over ozonator
« on: November 21, 2005, 11:24:30 pm »
Hi there, haven't been around in awhile. Our tiger river siberian is great, but the inside of the cover over the spot where the water circulates up is slighly slimy. What would you suggest I clean it with?

One day, I just kind of rubbed some of the hot tub chlorine stuff on it with a paper towel, I know, bad idea for the cover, but cleaned it up for the time.

We are not using it as much, more like 1-2x a week now. Any suggestions? thank you.
Jan
Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what's all about?

Hot Tub Forum

Inside of cover slimy over ozonator
« on: November 21, 2005, 11:24:30 pm »

lawdawgva

• 06 Hot Springs Jetsetter
Re: Inside of cover slimy over ozonator
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 11:34:27 pm »
I'm a big fan of baking soda.  I buy it in bulk quantities.  I make a paste of it on a wet rag and use it to clean under the cover, around the edges of the tub and the waterline also.  It's great because it wont scratch and in the quantites you'll use for cleaning won't affect your water chemistry.   Plus in larger quantities, you can use it to raise your total alkalinity without affecting your Ph much.  Oh yeah, did I mention, it's cheap!   ;D
They're not doughnuts, they're glazed bagels.

Nhbeacon

• Still a happy Siberian owner
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 11:38:28 pm »
Thank you! That was just too easy for me to figure out! Makes sense.
Maybe the Hokey Pokey is what's all about?

ssbraun

• '05 Maxxus
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 02:40:06 pm »
There is a product I use called Hertel Plus.  It is safe for use on vinyl, it says, and will kill Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus, and Salmonella.  It's found at my local hardware store.  Periodically I remove the cover, scrub underside, and hose off.  This because of my past Pseudomonas problems.  This may be overkill, but the rim of the spa and underside of the cover are said to be favorite hangouts of pseud.  I'm taking no chances!!

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 02:40:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42