What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?  (Read 45593 times)

stl-rex

• Arctic Tundra Owner
Re: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2005, 12:43:28 am »
Educated, occasionally controversial, consumer.
Married one child.
Illinois grad stuck in Mizzou country.
Owner Arctic Tundra. (see controversial)
Love to snow and water ski, can hack my way through 18, and still throw the weights around in the gym.  Got certified to dive a couple of years ago and very much enjoyed that.  Also enjoy cooking (I do 95+%) although we are reduced to grilling more than anything now, which isn't such a bad thing.

I wet tested most of the major brands readily available in the area (HS, D1, Sundance, Master, Caldera, CalSpa (Coleman - didn't get in) before selecting Arctic.  Got pricing on a few others including Marquis.  I could feel the love for Arctic here (NOT) but in spite of that, the performance of the Tundra in the wet test was well ahead of the others and when pushed, a few of the forum regulars (Kudos especially to Steve) had nothing bad to say about the spa itself which eased the decision.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2005, 12:43:28 am »

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2005, 08:21:34 am »
better late than never

My Name is Ryan and I live in Ontario Canada.

I purchased an arctic tundra signature series at my local dealer.  I love it.

Married five years now to a wonderful gal and have a two year old son, who takes up all my free time.  We have another on the way and then I too will take the fix root.  ouch

I work with a local police agency and specialize in breath analysis and accident reconstruction.  

I like my job, use to love it.  But the reality of not bein able to change the world kicks in.  

Never like vacations until I met the wife.  She got me hooked now we travel atleast 4 times a year.  

I have been all over the world in the past five years and look forward to my next destination.

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2005, 09:28:20 am »
I must have missed this 1st time around. Anyway, I'm a hot tub consumer.

Company: Computer Sciences Corporation

Capacity: Personal & laptop computer jockey. You break it - I fix it.

Home: Mechanicville, NY just N of Albany along the Hudson River between the Catskills and the Adirondacks. A beautiful area and a great place to live. Originally, a native Californian from the Bay Area.

History: Only been posting since March of this year. And it says a LOT about this site and everyone on it that I'm still posting here. Everyone is great (except for those who are banned and, at least, some of them can be entertaining).

Married to my beautiful wife of 23 years and we have a beautiful 12 year old daughter. And we have 2 beautiful... No wait a minute. 2 lazy, overfed, good for nothin' cats. Yeah, that's it. Well, OK, they do make great lap warmers.

I've been working with PCs  in one capacity or another since '88. I love working with computers. I enjoy the fact that as soon as you buy it, it's old technology and there's something new or faster or bigger or better (not necessarily better!).  At home, when I'm not doing chores or in my spa, you'll usually find me in front of my computer.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2005, 09:38:49 am »
 After reading Terminator's frequent recommendations I did try some Shiner Bock when I was down in San Fran a few weeks back. I can attest to it's quality. A great prelude to a a few irish coffees at the Buena Vista if you ever get that way.

paul

I'm glad to hear you had an opportunity to try some Shiner Bock!  It's not for everyone, but it is a nice change of pace from Miller, Bud, and Coors.  First time I had it my roommate in college brought me some and I put it in my Texas Chili.  It is the essential ingredient.  If any of ya'll make chili:

1. Don't put any stinkin' beans in there.  That's not chili!

2. Add a bottle of Shiner Bock to the chili and 5 bottles to the cook.  It gives the chili a nice flavor.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

socal

• so it begins
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2005, 11:43:46 am »
must have missed this link.......guess i can play too (a week late :) )

Desert Moon Custom Pools and Spas, Marquis dealer as well as a gunite pool builder.
Fairly new in the hot tub market (please do not hold that against me :) Spent the last 10+ years in a factory/warehouse enviroment and needed a change of pace.
where im at..hmmmmmmm i wonder  ;D
Marquis dealer

Guzz

• I sell HotSprings & other things as well!
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2005, 12:04:07 pm »
Pools & Spas Unlimited, Delawhere ( a lot of people don't know it's a state).
Sell HotSpring & Tiger River Spas, above & inground swimming pools. We have 3 stores in the state and I am the company's sales manager. I have been selling water vessels for 8 years, before that I sailed on them, (23 years Royal Navy).
Born across the pond and married to New Jersey girl with odd name ( Jynx ), 4 kids ranging from 13 months to 30 years.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2005, 01:09:11 pm »
Pools & Spas Unlimited, Delawhere ( a lot of people don't know it's a state).

Which is bigger, the city of Deleware, Ohio or the state? :D

I was there once on  business trip. 44 states down, 6 to go.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2005, 11:45:12 am »
Sorry for replying so late in the convo, been mia for a while.

occupation: spa salesman at B and B Pools over in Chestnut Ridge, NY, about 10 minutes from NYC

spas: hmmm... Sundance Spas, fantastic lineup

experience: been in the  biz for 3 years,and its the most fun and rewarding job i've ever had and i've done it all from pressing clothes at a dry cleaners, retail at staples, selling kirby vacuums on the road...its been a trip.

age and maritul status: im 21 years young and a beautiful g/f of 2 yrs (jamaican hottie) but weve been steady for about 5 yrs.

hobbies: i collect different genres of swords (kitanas, daggers, fantasy, egyptian, etc.) and i love american muscle cars. I have a 2001 monte carlo ss black on black with 18" konig rims and a dual flowmaster exhaust, crazy fast...

my favorite drinks include gin and tonics and jack and cokes

this forum is one of most well-informed and honest group of poeple ive had the chance to converse with since moving to this line of work. its been a pleasure

-Joe

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2005, 01:09:08 pm »
SDguy, be prepared to be ridiculed and ostracized for having a weapons collection, the same as I was.  You're going to have people post statistics about how many people have been killed by drive-by sword attacks and accidental beheadings and how Ninja and Samurai sword attacks account for 99% of the homicides in Japan.  Trust me, it's coming.

Stay the course and be vigilant.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

SDguy

• Where do they get these names for spas?
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2005, 01:19:46 pm »
thats good east tex, most of the stuff i have is collector's pieces like a civil war sword, 200 yr. old samurai blade, others are actually duplicates and arent sharp enough to cut through a stick of butter, but others can cut fiberglass, all are  stored in a locked, glass casing...its safe

but i do hope to have a gun collection at my first house, though jersey is a pain in the neck to get permits 8)

harry_the_jet

• n8kid fun
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2005, 10:14:20 pm »
my turn to roll the dice...

consumer with a 2005 Jacuzzi 385 and loving it.  just got back from a trip to Disney with the kids and true story, my oldest kept asking me during the trip if he could go in the Hot tub when we got back.

married for nearly 11 years and 3 great boys.  
Saratoga, NY.

Senior IT Security Consultant .

This forum not only has been extremely helpful, but usually puts a smile on my face....

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2005, 12:46:01 am »
I go by AAAHHH. Been on this site on and off for 1 1/2 years. I am just a consumer 04 Marquis Euphoria and I love it. Mostly because it has been trouble free.

I am an Insurance Agent in West Central Wisconsin for the past 10 years.  I like what I do because I know I am helping people.

Married 20 years and spent our 20th anniversary in Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.  I found the people extremely friendly and the area very welcoming and beutiful.  I do indeed plan on returning to Canada again. We love to travel and take our well earned time away from business.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #116 on: November 14, 2005, 12:46:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42