What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?  (Read 45489 times)

saz

Re: WHO THE ^%#@! ARE YOU?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 08:28:56 am »
consumer here as well...

Name;  Saz (short for Sarah) Green

Location;  County Durham, UK (the top right hand corner, almost to Scotland)

Status; married to Stevie for 7 years this year...........peroidically scratching each others itch!!! No kids, but just 2 fab black and white cats.

Hot tub;  Pround owner of a Marquis Reward for almost a year now.

General; I know it has nothing to do with this website, but everyone else has put in what they do for a living, so I thought I would!!  I work as an Import/Export sales engineer, and Stevie works as a drainage engineer. Do NOT get me started on his washing!!lol  ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 08:55:25 am by saz »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2005, 08:28:56 am »

Ruby

• Marquis Epic
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2005, 09:55:39 am »
Another consumer-

Owner of Marquis SA Reward since 7/2004

I also live in the Minneapolis suburbs

I am a Restaurant Manager of a new restaurant (we opened 12/04)

Been married for 21 1/2 years and have two kids- 20 yo and almost 18 yo.  

I found this board just before we bought our tub and I love it!  

My hobbies include working in the yard and bike riding.
Minnesota Consumer
Been soaking since 7/2004

salesdvl

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2005, 10:09:13 am »

Live in Columbus (The biggest one)

Bill, Does that mean you are physically the largest person that lives in Columbus?   ;)

And yes, I'll keep you posted.  Maybe when I come into town we can "do lunch".
Measure once, cut twice.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2005, 10:52:33 am »

Bill, Does that mean you are physically the largest person that lives in Columbus?   ;)

And yes, I'll keep you posted.  Maybe when I come into town we can "do lunch".

Maybe I'll see you at the Ohio State Fair? I think there is a dealer in Marion (60 miles NW) that shows at the State Fair every year.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2005, 10:56:35 am »
Let's see,

Consumer - Cameo slated for delivery to new house early April, bought from Willow Park Pools (highly recommended, they are the only store in the region that openly welcomes wet testing.)

Located in Schnecksville, PA - just north of Allentown (think Billy Joel, he wrote a song about Allentown in the 80's)

I've been reading this board for almost a year, you guys have helped tremendously.

I'm a technical supervisor for PPL Electric, responsible for the large power AMR applications.  Before that I was an engineer for Bell Laboratories, supporting the design of integrated circuits.  

No kids - my wife is a 6th grade teacher, so she has her maternal instincts overwhelmed, 1 dog - a sable sheltie.

Greenraisin

• See you down life's highway!
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2005, 11:30:25 am »
Consumer

Bought a Caldera Tahitian Utopea last week! LOVE IT!

Got tons of good info and advice here. Thank you all for that. This is a great group of folks dedicated to the science and art of tubbing!

I'm a Quality Engineer, (more data!!!) for a medical device manufacturer. We design and manufacture minimally invasive surgical instruments.

Wife's a drug dealer, I mean a Pharmacist.

Son graduated from U o Illinoiis last year and Daughter is at Ohio State.

Enjoy working in the yard, music, (play guitar), and camping.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 02:29:09 pm by Greenraisin »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2005, 11:40:13 am »
Located in Schnecksville, PA - just north of Allentown (think Billy Joel, he wrote a song about Allentown in the 80's)

Did you live there back around 85-86? That was the last time I was there, it snowed 26" that day.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2005, 11:56:42 am »
OK

Name, Joanna aka/Spahappy

Company, Keller Hearth & Home  Products
Located in Dickinson N.D.

I've sold Colaman spas for 11 years and recently brought in Jacuzzi Premium as a second line.

I also sell gas and wood fireplaces and stoves. I'm the manager of the smaller of two stores and live in the town I grew up in.

I have three amazing teenagers two boys and a girl who are, 14, 16, and 17 years old.

I've worked in the oilfeild as a mudlogger on a drilling rig, a radio ad salesperson, a travel agent,  and owned and operated a coffee shop.

I've been with Keller Hearth & Home for the last 11 years and I love my job! I get to work with homeowners as well as contractors, with the sales and installation of fireplaces. I can't spell, and I don't type very well but I know my way around a constuction site, and I can read a blueprint,.... and man can I talk!!!

My favorite part of my job is when I'm training new hottub owners the day they get their new spa. The kids are excited the parents are excited, and everyone is happy!

What other industry could you feel so good about selling something that will change peoples lives in such a positive way.

I've been on this forum since last May, and have tremendous respect for so many of the posters here.

Great post Steve! It was nice to come back to after the show I just worked. :-*
« Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 02:29:20 pm by spahappy »

BobRex

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 01:14:47 pm »
Bill,

I grew up in this area.  We don't typically get 26" at one shot (you must have brought it!)  This area's not too bad, semi-rural, close to Philly and Manhattan...  Joel got it wrong in his song, but hey, at least Allentown got some publicity.

Bill_Stevenson

• Hot Spring Envoy
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2005, 01:18:53 pm »
I am a consumer with no ties to the industry

HotSpring Envoy is the current spa.  Prior experience with Caldera Geneva Utopia.  All good.l

I live in West Palm Beach, FL.

I am a partner and VP Engineering in an engineering firm.

Thanks,

Bill

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2005, 01:21:31 pm »
Avid consumer here......maybe too avid, eh bubba stu?
Defender of Master Spas (trying to sound like a superhero--failed miserably!)
In reality, I have an '04 Master Spa LSX that has given me zero problems and has given me MUCH pleasure.  The spa (and the rest of my life) is located in Shell Point, FL, a little coastal hamlet just south of Tallahassee on the Gulf of Mexico, specifically Apalachee Bay.  As you can guess, I'm an avid windsurfer--actually an old (52 years young) windsurfer so the spa is GREAT therapy after a windsurfing session....and all my windsurfing friends, old and young alike, agree especially since my house about a 2 minute drive from the beach where we surf.
I've got a wonderful wife and a 13 year old daughter (I'm identifying with you re: crazy, salesy!) and I'm a database administrator (aka, GEEK) with a state agency in Tallahassee.
This forum is one of the main reasons I've had so much success with my spa selection and maintenance.  Great place, great people--I just try to be a great one, too.   8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2005, 01:35:47 pm »
. (One more “K” and my welcome would have been much different!)  >:(

"KK" is what the kids in their family called " Aunt Karen". They call her younger brother Terry, "TT". I will give no further comments on the linguistic abilities of thier family  ;D

Winnsome

• I love Hot Tubbbing and Boating.
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2005, 01:55:41 pm »
Consumer:

We bought our Artesian Grand Bahama after wet testing various models and brands.  Loved many of them, but liked the Artesian dealer the best.  And he said all the brands we wet tested were great.  And go with the one that felt the best.  Thanks to this site, we have really enjoyed the spa and the help from here.  

I am a retired Robotics Engineer with emphasis on Plastics, fiberglass etc in the aerospace industry.  My wife is a 5th grade school teacher, retiring this year herself.  Have three great kids, (all adults now with their own families) and so far 3 great grandkids.  11, 5, and 2 yrs. old.

Thank you so much for this forum, we have learned very valuable info and really appreciate all the help.  Can't contribute much, but sure enjoy reading and learning.

We live in the state of Utah, at an elevation of 5000 feet.  really love the snow, and summers.  Boating and the spa are our favorite hobbies.

Mike and Judith

brewski

• When in doubt bathe naked!!!
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2005, 02:24:53 pm »
Okay I guess I'll add my two cents worth here.

Consumer only having purchased our first (Artesian Island Series) spa just last fall. Love the spa and often wonder what took me so long to buy.

Located in Knoxville, TN after relocating from PA last spring. Married to a wonderful woman with one daughter recently engaged to be married and one dog who absolutely has us wrapped around her paw.

Loan officer by day and an avid golfer whenever possible my secret career desire is to caddy one day for Gary McCord because I can only imagine the fun to be had and the stories he could tell.

Love this forum and read it religiously before purchasing our first spa. Thanks to all who offered and continue to offer their advice, knowledge and humor!

kluzo

• Beachcomber 740 Owner
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2005, 03:45:52 pm »
Yet another consumer:

Location: Barrie, Ontario (Ya, it realy is better in the Great White North  8))

Proud owner of Beachcomber 740 (Aug. /04)

Married for 10 years with 3 fantastic & fun loving kids.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2005, 03:45:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42