What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Suits Vs No Suits  (Read 5007 times)

Brookenstein

Suits Vs No Suits
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:51:33 pm »
Ok, I'm kind of embarrassed to even post this  but here goes...  I saw somewhere today someone mention the amount of chemicals you need may depend on how many people use the spa, how often, how clean the people are, lotion, hair products, and if they use suits.  So, that brings me to my question... if you have a city lot, with neighbors, and no gazeebo, but a standard fence... are there laws one must worry about with regards to hot tubbing without suits on private property?  

If it matters, I'm in SoCal.   8)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 11:35:49 pm by Brookenstein »

Hot Tub Forum

Suits Vs No Suits
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:51:33 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Suits Vs No Suits
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 01:32:45 am »
Not 100% sure, but I believe that inside your home you can do anything you want, right in front of your large picture window, but once outside it could become a violation of indecent exposure laws.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 01:40:54 am »
I wish I had neighbors like you.  ::)
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 08:11:12 am »
We keep a hook right at the entrance to the hot tub for robes.  We've got reasonable cover on 3 sides. The back of two neighbors face my yard and I always check to see if their shades are drawn or not, I can get in an out of the tub with minimal exposure after some practice. You'd really have to be intentionally looking so at that point, you deserve what you see  ;)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

nicker

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 08:28:37 am »
not sure of any laws but I guess the neighbours could complain if you are standing out there stutting your stuff.   But if you can get in and out with ease and its dark who cares.   My tub is in a private area.   I tell you if you have not gone tubbing in the buff... YOU ARE MISSING OUT BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Its the best, no air pockets in the suits no sliding around.

Now only if I can get all the ladies to follow suite (or should I say NO suite).

Rogie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 08:32:38 am »
We back onto a park and my wife had some privacy concerns. I added some up lighting to the trees from our yard and now the trees look great and the glare from the lights when looking from the park takes care of the privacy.

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2005, 10:14:23 am »
Not 100% sure, but I believe that inside your home you can do anything you want, right in front of your large picture window, but once outside it could become a violation of indecent exposure laws.

2907.09. Public indecency.      

(A)  No person shall recklessly do any of the following, under circumstances in which his or her conduct is likely to be viewed by and affront others, not members of his or her household:  

(1) Expose his or her private parts, or engage in masturbation;  

(2) Engage in sexual conduct;  

(3) Engage in conduct that to an ordinary observer would appear to be sexual conduct or masturbation.  

I'd stay away from that large picture window if I were you....

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005, 10:31:57 am »

I'd stay away from that large picture window if I were you....

and for the less endowed, the small windows too.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

cappykat

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 10:51:54 am »
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2005 Marquis Epic

Brookenstein

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 11:03:04 am »

2907.09. Public indecency.      

(A)  No person shall recklessly do any of the following, under circumstances in which his or her conduct is likely to be viewed by and affront others, not members of his or her household:  

(1) Expose his or her private parts, or engage in masturbation;  

(2) Engage in sexual conduct;  

(3) Engage in conduct that to an ordinary observer would appear to be sexual conduct or masturbation.  

I'm no law expert, but if I carefully and watchfully expose I myself, not recklessly do it, am I in the clear?   :D

JcDenton

• Be Cool or be cast out
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2005, 11:13:20 am »
Personally, I've had no problems going au natural for the most part. Usually nobody seems to mind. There was this one time though that we heard someone yelling at us to get our gear back on. Cab drivers... what do ya do? ;)
How do you know how much you don't know?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2005, 11:44:14 am »

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2005, 12:03:10 pm »
Personally, I've had no problems going au natural for the most part. ;)

Except for the skeeters in The PEG.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 12:57:09 pm »
We back onto a park and my wife had some privacy concerns. I added some up lighting to the trees from our yard and now the trees look great and the glare from the lights when looking from the park takes care of the privacy.

Up lights?  As an amateur astronomer, may I hope that you burn in hell?  Just kidding of course! (at least about the burning in hell part.   If I was using the park with my telescope those lights might not last.  ;) Protect the night sky!!!!!!!!
[glb]http://www.darksky.org[/glb]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 01:06:31 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2005, 12:57:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42