What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Big shock for me (Dynasty)  (Read 15054 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Re: Big shock for me (Dynasty)
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 02:59:56 pm »
I suppose having SCP as one of your dealers helps alot too.

Here in Ontario SCP is one of a handful of wholesalers for Hayward, Pentair, Sta-Rite etc
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2005, 02:59:56 pm »

autoplay

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2005, 07:13:31 pm »
Sorry to hear about your problem. When I bought my HS Vanguard the dealer didn't even ask me for a deposit. We paid in full when it was delivered and set up. I live in Jacksonville, FL and the HS dealer has been here a long time and has a great reputation. Hope all works out

Likewise.  We put 10% down...which was a little over 700 bucks.......and when our tub was delivered to Sarasota FL,we paid the remaining balance.  Our tub came from Brandon FL,bout 45 minutes away.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2005, 07:27:50 am »
Well, so far an email to Dynasty has gone unanswered.  On another forum (thanks Spatech) I found a woman who paid $5000 for her tub and is in limbo. She said calls to Dynasty are going unanswered. Maybe I'll try that and see what they say about my warranty.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2005, 01:25:33 pm »
With the help of one of our Dynasty dealers in this forum. (All of your dealers are great) I received the Dynasty Toll free Customer care Center.  The number is 1-866 361-3699.  I got a directory recording when I called and picked the extension for Warranty Info.  The lady who answered right away told me that my serial number and installation date was recorded and verified that as well as my address and said the warranty is in place until 3/23/2008.   I didn't press the issue any further, but if I had to guess, I could contract another servive company and Dynasty would supply the parts.  Under the circumstances this might be the best I can expect. I should be fine with that unless I have a problem in the winter with a problem that affects my tubs ability to heat.  At least I'm not totally out of luck and I do have a tub.  I'm still hopefull for the dealer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 12:28:51 pm »
Drove by my dealer today, just to see if there is any info. There is still some stuff inside, but it looks like it is being emptied out. (stuff blocking the windows to keep the curious from peaking in)  There was the name notice that is on their website. But new was a sign that said LEASING INFO and a phone number. I gotta assume they aren't coming back.

I also noticed that Dynasty, who seems to be pretty slow updating their website, has removed them from their dealer locater.  My next closest dealer is 71 miles away.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 12:32:42 pm by wmccall »

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 03:42:12 pm »

When I bought my tub in '03, they only asked for 10% deposit and the rest due upon delivery.

9i believe it works the same way as car dealers. the spa dealer mentioned "verifying his new credit line". YOU,(the buyer) only put 10% down, but the dealer pays for the whole spa up front. if the average spa sale is about 8K, and the buyer puts down 10%($800), then the dealer "pays" the rest (for the sake of argument say the cost is $6600--20% mark up to make the math easy. i dont know what the real costs are--)  and in 2-3 months you get your spa, and pay the dealer the remaining $7200 you owe him(or her).
assuming the dealer sells 10 per month, minimum, he has to pay out $66,000 to the manufacturer, while only collecting $8k from the down payments. 20 spa /month? hes out $132,000 while taking in $16k, you get the picture???
i dont know about the rest of you out there, but i dont have $100,000+ lying around.
the line of credit lets him pay for the merchandise just like a car lot does.
oddly enough, any dealer should be very motivated to get your spa to you as fast as possible, in order to get his money back....
i know this is overly simplified, but there may be a different side to the story from dynasty. but it does sound like an odd story from any angle................

mountainspa

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2005, 05:48:50 pm »
Well, I don't think Dynasty is coming to the boards to respond so....

My husband spoke with Dynasty about this issue and the best way to put it is that there are two sides to every story and these two sides are VERY different.  Don't think I should expound on the matter any more except to say that Dynasty Spas isn't "going under" and they're still doing a great job as our supplier.

Bretta

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2005, 11:27:02 pm »
I was watching our local news tonight and up pops our dealer. Nothing really new, they showed the store, they said dozens of customers are out thousands of dollars and the company is claiming supplier problems but has gone out of business. I'll see if their website has anything.

PS - As mentioned my dealer only asked for 10% down when I bought, I wonder when they changed that is people are out $$5000?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 08:42:21 am by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2005, 11:31:02 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2005, 05:23:05 pm »
The local newspaper, the Columbus Dispatch, had a report today on The Hottub Store.  The only thing new was a quote from Dynasty.  On the Hottub stores website they said their lawyer was working with Dynasty to get the remaining hot tubs delivered.  Dynasty's response was that they have had no contact with the store and have removed them as a dealer, which I confirmed on the web.  The article also said calls to the owner have gone unanswered. I can confirm that and that all email addresses, including personal ones of the owner Michael Gentry, have been discontinued. It really looks like fraud now.

The letter states that the Hot Tub Store is working with Dynasty, through its attorney, "to attempt to fulfill every single customer order."

That’s not true, said Kimberley Harris, executive director of Tennessee-based Dynasty Spas.

I'm not sure if others can read this link.

http://www.dispatch.com/business-story.php?story=dispatch/2005/08/27/20050827-D1-03.html

Let me know.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 05:30:53 pm by wmccall »

NE-Phil

• Marquis Reward '05
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2005, 05:46:21 pm »
I'm not sure if others can read this link.

http://www.dispatch.com/business-story.php?story=dispatch/2005/08/27/20050827-D1-03.html

Let me know.

I checked the link but this is the message I get:
   The page you've selected is available only to registered members.

Phil
Not a mountain lake? Then it's still a chemical soup!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2005, 05:48:23 pm »

I checked the link but this is the message I get:
    The page you've selected is available only to registered members.

Phil

Thanks Phil,  I'll ask for permission to post the entire article here.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2005, 06:01:05 pm »
This seems like it's turned into a big ol' mess.  I really hope the people who put money down get taken care of.  That has to be an awful feeling.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2005, 09:17:08 pm »
This seems like it's turned into a big ol' mess.  I really hope the people who put money down get taken care of.  That has to be an awful feeling.

Terminator

The article states Dynasty offered to sell the people out money, a tub at reduced prices. I don't know if you can expect more than that, but if a person had a contract and put 10% down, I suppose it would be a good offer if Dynasty offered to sell the tub, delivered, at the remaining price the customer paid, but I know a lot of these people put 50-100% down, so that wouldn't be practical.

drober30

• Loving my HS Vanguard!
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2005, 10:03:40 pm »

The article states Dynasty offered to sell the people out money, a tub at reduced prices. I don't know if you can expect more than that, but if a person had a contract and put 10% down, I suppose it would be a good offer if Dynasty offered to sell the tub, delivered, at the remaining price the customer paid, but I know a lot of these people put 50-100% down, so that wouldn't be practical.

Most of you are aware of my "get it in writing" mentality.

Along with that I have made it a practice to never give more of a deposit than necessary.

I have never been burned but think it is a good practice.

For example, last winter I bought a new snowmobile trailer. The dealer only required a 10% deposit but I was going to write them a check for half the amount. That way I knew it would be less of a hit when it came in and I would not have the money in my account to dip into.

Well, I only gave them the 10% figuring it would be silly to be more vested than I needed to be in case something happened.

Why would people put 50% down?  Same reasoning I had (less to come up with at the delivery)? They were offered a better deal with more down (why this would be I don’t know)?

Going forward, I know I will give as little of a deposit as necessary.

I hope it works out for all involved and Dynasty is doing a nice thing by trying to accommodate those customers.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 10:05:23 pm by drober30 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2005, 10:03:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42