What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa owner needs help  (Read 3286 times)

Bodyaches

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Spa owner needs help
« on: August 16, 2005, 01:59:15 pm »
Can someone help this poor soul with a new spa.
Has a Gulf Coast Spa (boca grande)
Everyone seems to be ignoring this individual.

His email: ivweeze@aol.com

Thanks
Dick
SemperFi

Hot Tub Forum

Spa owner needs help
« on: August 16, 2005, 01:59:15 pm »

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
Re: Spa owner needs help
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 02:06:40 pm »
I'm confused ??? ???

Is there another post?

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 02:24:06 pm »
Ya got me? ???

Tell him to post here and I'll bet he get's more help than he needs!

Steve

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 02:33:04 pm »
Im confused too. In another thread you say that you purchased a Diamond Back....
Homeworks Financing Representative

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 03:37:36 pm »
Diamondback Spa call me today said my spa will be delivered 31Aug. Cant wait to soak these tired old bodyaches

Dick
SemperFi

I'm confused too!
2005 Marquis Epic

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 04:30:00 pm »
I'm confused ??? ???

Is there another post?

From POOLANDSPA.com

Topic:  LOOKING FOR HELP WITH GULF COAST SPAS (1 of 7), Read 10 times  
Conf:  Hot Tub Spas  
Date:  Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:56 PM  

I am a new gulf coast spa owner (boca grande) - we had it for 1 1/2 weeks and the first time using it, we turned the knob for the waterfall feature - and the knob popped right off - water was flowing like crazy out of the 'hole' and then the connecting pipe fell off - so then we ended up with water in the tub cabinet........in the end, we fixed the problem (on our own through direction of the customer service line) and then ended up with another problem - only half of our jets work now......we've called the 24-hour service and have yet to hear from anyone in 6 days (and counting!) - we are calling on a daily basis and have gotten nowhere - even tried the sales guy - who pretty much 'forgot' who we were (even though the tub was delivered 2 weeks prior).......what frustrates me is that they are boasting about the only 24 hour customer service line, but, then they don't follow through - so, what's the point of calling 24 hours a day?!??!? is there anyone out there that has had bad customer service or problems like we're experiencing???? I am at my wits end............
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 04:39:30 pm »

From POOLANDSPA.com

Topic:  LOOKING FOR HELP WITH GULF COAST SPAS (1 of 7), Read 10 times  
Conf:  Hot Tub Spas  
Date:  Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:56 PM  

I am a new gulf coast spa owner (boca grande) - we had it for 1 1/2 weeks and the first time using it, we turned the knob for the waterfall feature - and the knob popped right off - water was flowing like crazy out of the 'hole' and then the connecting pipe fell off - so then we ended up with water in the tub cabinet........in the end, we fixed the problem (on our own through direction of the customer service line) and then ended up with another problem - only half of our jets work now......we've called the 24-hour service and have yet to hear from anyone in 6 days (and counting!) - we are calling on a daily basis and have gotten nowhere - even tried the sales guy - who pretty much 'forgot' who we were (even though the tub was delivered 2 weeks prior).......what frustrates me is that they are boasting about the only 24 hour customer service line, but, then they don't follow through - so, what's the point of calling 24 hours a day?!??!? is there anyone out there that has had bad customer service or problems like we're experiencing???? I am at my wits end............

I bet he bought the spa at 50% off MSRP of $12,000.  He got a great deal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 04:44:30 pm »
Where's the Gulf Coast executive, who was so quick to defend their warranty policies?   Hope that person sent in their warranty card.  
Gulf coast's warranty also includes making people fix their own spa?  I guess the warranty part is them giving free instructions on what to do.  
Brewman

bob5820

• Artesian Piper Glen
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 06:35:26 pm »
Can someone help this poor soul with a new spa.
Has a Gulf Coast Spa (boca grande)
Everyone seems to be ignoring this individual.

His email: ivweeze@aol.com

Thanks
Dick
SemperFi

I'm confused ??? ???

Is there another post?

Im confused too. In another thread you say that you purchased a Diamond Back....

Confusion is the probable outcome when a Marine tries to explain things...unless he's explaining them to another Marine.

Dick, I applaud your desire to help out a fellow tubber, but I'm not sure what help anyone on this forum can be, other then to add moral support. My only suggestion is that if Ivweeze paid with his credit card, he get in touch with the credit card company. It doesn't sound like the dealer or Gulf Coast is ever going to help.

Semper Fi
Good night Chesty where ever you are
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 06:36:02 pm by bob5820 »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 07:18:17 pm »
It doesn't sound like the dealer or Gulf Coast is ever going to help.

I think she said this was basically one of those dealers who's selling out of their garage or a storage container and she made the comment that her dog has been more helpful. I wish all those looking to buy these type of spas this way or over the internet could have the chance to talk to the owners who've already bought some of these "bargain" type spas.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Moses

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 08:28:49 pm »
Let me first state that I think it's great for friends to help each other.

Now for some insight from a Gulf Coast Boca Grande owner.  I have owned this spa for 3 months now and had the exact thing happen to me with the waterfall valve blowing off.  The problem was the threads under the cap were cracked in manufacturing.  I used super glue on the cracked thread pieces and it worked fine until I got the replacement.  Calling Gulf Coast was nothing more than picking up the phone and telling them what I needed.  I had the part the next day shipped FEDEX.  I unscrewed the cracked part and put in the new one and all was fine.  As for the pipe falling down and filling up the cabinet, I find this to be an exaggeration.  The pipe extends 1/2" above the shell and only moves a 1/4".  It does not come off.  The line pressure on the waterfall is also very low.  Any water you had in the spa cabinet was due to you using the spa without the cap in place for any length of time.

As for only half the jets working, why don't you read the manual.  The jets turn right and left to increase and decrease the pressure.  Turning them to the left opens the jets.

I just called Gulf Coast Spas and got a very nice person who was ready to help.  I told them what I was reading here and was told that the person should call us if they have any problems.

Other than the cracked waterfall cap we have had no problems at all and are very happy with the spa.  The cost of running this spa is averaging 18.00 a month.  We maintain it at 98 and it goes to 102 in 30 minutes of use without heater.

Sometimes it's the way people handle a problem that makes the problem harder to fix than it really has to be.

NJDave

• It's just more fun to be in hot water!
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 08:59:16 pm »
It's a shame that a person with a new spa in warranty, has to repair their own spa. 24/7 Tech Support? Due to the low price, people  seem to accept the lack of service. You really do get what you pay for. A $3995.00 Internet or Garage Seller Spa is only worth $3995.00 Maybe.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 08:59:16 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42