What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Not tionight Dear  (Read 3734 times)

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Not tionight Dear
« on: August 13, 2005, 06:37:32 pm »
Well my spa is here, physically that is.
It seems that the Salesperson who sold us the tub neglected to communicate with us that we had to supply the whip, or I guess you would say the electrical part that goes from the spa to the breaker.
                 So my husband is off to Home depot to get more stuff and he said he will try to do it tomorrow. The delivery guy said he will come back next week and fill it and show us exactly what to do. So it sits outside with the cover on.
 There will be NO hot tubbing tonight or tomorrow night either.
I am trying to be patient!

Hot Tub Forum

Not tionight Dear
« on: August 13, 2005, 06:37:32 pm »

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
Re: Not tionight Dear
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 06:46:21 pm »
I'm sorry to hear about your situation and I understand how frustrating it can be. :(

The dealer should have supplied you with a pre-delivery guide that had that information in there.  Did they?  That is a back-up reference they provide to help alleviate any miscommunications.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 06:49:37 pm »
no, but I did have to call them on Wednesday because this box type thingy you need to wire was not here yet, but they did promptly bring it out to us.

Well it is raining here anyway, so I probably would not be tubbing anyway

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 07:34:33 pm »
The box type thingy is probably the breaker box.  I am under the impression that it is normal for the electrician to hook the box up and leave the whip wrapped in plastic ready for the hookup.

I found a cool way to tub in heavy rain.  The lifter can pull the cover back, then if you unfold it and push the cover half way forward fully opened, it makes a nice little roof.  this worked well until I bought a spa umbrella from heartlandamerica.com for under $150

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 10:27:33 pm »
Nothing came with my tub! I had to supply the box and wiring for the tub. I guess luckily it was all spelled out on my sales order - no surprises!

As far as tubbing in the rain; if the tub's hot enough (over 100) and it's not lightening out, the rain actually feels good - it's refreshing. I haven't been in a downpour but a light rain is delightful. The heat of the tub and the cool of the rain is an interesting combo!

I'm looking forward to winter!

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 08:52:31 am »
That reminds me of a Vita Spa model that I tested with a mister that the salesman claimed made the entire surface area 10 degrees cooler and gave off a nice effect.  I saw it as unnecessary and didn't like the thought of it.

I like the rain too.  My first tubbing experience was in
my younger days in Jackson Hole while skiing.  The condo had a Hotsprings on the deck and we althernated between the tub and jumping into snow drifts.  Invigorating, but probably not smart.

My tub came with no electrical supplies either and I had to have an electrician run the wires from my garage through the attic and set up the box outside, costing around $600 for the parts and labor.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 09:03:47 am by orlandoguy »

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 12:20:48 pm »
Well it is raining here anyway, so I probably would not be tubbing anyway

Not to add insult to injury but in the rain is my favorite time, ope everything works out for ya.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 12:30:45 pm »
Not to embarrass you Labl,  but it took me almost a month to get everything together to be ready before my tub arrived, I knew exactly what was going to happen every strep of the way with concrete, delivery, and wiring.  I remember being a pain to the dealer stopping in a couple of times a week checking out just one more detail.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 12:30:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42