What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deposits  (Read 3309 times)

cappykat

Deposits
« on: August 08, 2005, 06:11:20 pm »
Ok, dealers/owners....is there a standard amount that is generally accepted?  I just read wmccall post on his situation and I'm feeling pretty stupid.  We put down a SIZEABLE deposit.  I never gave much thought to it when the dealer asked for that amount.

Good googly moogly...now I just want my tub as soon as possible!! :o
2005 Marquis Epic

Hot Tub Forum

Deposits
« on: August 08, 2005, 06:11:20 pm »

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
Re: Deposits
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 06:18:36 pm »
If a customer is doing a price hold, I require $100-$500.  When the customer actually orders a spa I require 25% down the rest is due upon delivery.

Michael
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

cappykat

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 06:23:32 pm »
Whew....I feel better.
2005 Marquis Epic

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 06:30:07 pm »
Cappy my dealer required $1000.00 down to order the tub so don't be alarmed...and btw I actually paid the full amount when I ordered my tub!

cappykat

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 06:34:57 pm »
We put down a little over 25%.  First it's the anxiety of picking a tub...now it's the anxiety of waiting.  Ain't it GREAT!!  ;D

I'm gonna need the tub just to soak away the stress from the ordeal!  ;D >:( :o :P
2005 Marquis Epic

orlandoguy

• all you need is tub
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 06:47:06 pm »
Along with all the other strange occurances concerning my hot tub purchase, the whole deposit and set up process took the cake.

The jacuzzi model I chose was in the warehouse locally and I was able to take delivery the same week.  I never left a deposit.

The jacuzzi was to arrive on a Thursday and the earliest the electrician could arrive was Saturday.  I am incredibly impatient and asked the dealer if a nice tip might speed up the electrician.  I got a call later from the electrician who cancelled his smaller job the next day and set me up on a Wednesday.  As he was working, I was chatting to him and told him about my no deposit deal at which he replied I should run to Vita Spa before the Jacuzzi arrived.  This seemed really weird and it turned out he owns a Vita Spa and also contracts for them.  I tried the Vita Spa and was prepared to bail on the jacuzzi deal if I liked the other spa better, didin't, and was in my jacuzzi Thurday night.

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 07:09:28 pm »
I've always accepted a $500 deposit on a purchase whether it's a special order or holding a spa in inventory.

I think most consumers are leery of loosing deposits when companies go out of business and that's always their first thought. We want to make it as easy as possible for the consumer without the uncertainty of giving up too much money.

I've also done many deals on approval of financing without any deposit at all. We were linked via the net to our agency and approvals were generally done in 5-10 minutes.

I think it’s real difficult asking for 25% these days.

Steve

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 08:18:10 pm »
My dealer held the price for 6 months on a $500 deposit. When I ordered the tub, I had to put 50% down and either pay cash on delivery day or pay it in full before delivery with credit card.

J._McD

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 10:42:56 pm »
We usually request a $500 deposit to order the spa and that leaves the dealer motivated to pick up the balance on deliver when the jobe is done, the proof is in the pudding.  When everybody is happy we get paid and that is what we all do it for.  It should be sweet and simple and without stress.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 05:21:03 am »
I only put 100 down for price hold.  When I was ready to place order, I needed 25% down.  

you wont care about anything once the tub arrives, trust me

Ritz

• Vanguard 2004
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 07:40:22 am »
My dealer asked for 10% down, balance at delivery

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 08:05:23 am »
My dealer asked for 10% down, balance at delivery

Same.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2005, 09:13:57 am »
Mine was like Steve said, filled out the form and before I left the store I had the credit approval and bought the tub with no deposit, will pay it in full in 6 months when the credit note is due.

Ray
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2005, 09:33:03 am »
I put down a $300  REFUNDABLE (in writing ) deposit to hold my tub, as it was in stock.  I wasn't 100%sure I wanted the tub, but I also didn't want it to leave stock.

At the end of the Hold perioid. I made my final decison to buy the tub and put down about 50%.  Delivery was arranged for a couple weeks after the deposit was accepted.

3 days prior to delviery I paid in full. I was a bit uncomfortable with paying in full prior to delivery, but  after checking out the company, I  had every confidence there would be no problem (otherwise I would not have done ANY business with them).  I Was given the option to pay the delivery company upon delivery with a bank certified check.  No thanks, that does nothing for me.

I thought the dealer was being a bit over cautious, but then again,  I am too and could respect thier position, but I also wanted to protect myself. It's just smart business.

I paid for the tub via a Credit card to ensure if there where any problems, I could dispute the charge and have payment held.  Plus, the FF miles were nice too.

YMMV.
07 Caldera Geneva

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 10:01:27 am »
We put down a little over 25%.  First it's the anxiety of picking a tub...now it's the anxiety of waiting.  Ain't it GREAT!!  ;D

I'm gonna need the tub just to soak away the stress from the ordeal!  ;D >:( :o :P

Cappy;

If you read back on my posts before my tub was delivered...I drove these fine people on this forum CRAZYYYYY!!!! (for that I am truly sorry guys! ) Questions about this and that! I had so much anxiety and stress that I thought I was going to stroke out!! That all went away with my first soak..all the barriers that we hit with construction...the worrying about where my tub was.....the buyers remorse it all drifted away with each and every bubble coursing across my sore aching and painful back! So...do not fret darlin..your worrys will melt away after you get your tub!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005, 10:01:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42