What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Windex  (Read 26017 times)

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
Windex
« on: August 02, 2005, 11:26:53 am »
Well I did a water change and its amazing how much foam you can remove.

I talked to my dealer and asked what to use to clean the shell.   He said , "windex".

Has anyone done this or have heard of using it on the tub - not just the outside portion.

I was a little leary about using it on the inside - so I didn't.  Just cleaned it the old fashion way - have the kids do it.  

For some reason they think cleaning the hot tub is not a chore. That may change next time it has to be done. Of course I don't think any of the remaining water actually ever left the tub.  Their clothes absorbed it all.  Makes me wonder if they just sat in the puddles. Oh well its done and refilled.

r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

Windex
« on: August 02, 2005, 11:26:53 am »

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: Windex
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 11:37:32 am »
Never tried windex on the shell yet..I'm reluctant to use anything but a tiny bit of baking soda in hot water. I will probably ask my dealer if I can use anything else on it...what I'm looking at right now is Clorox Disinfecting wipes to use on the tub...I'll hollar at my dealer in a bit and ask about them they would be a very good way to clean the tub (btw my tub is not slick like some it's got the rough surface).

But..I do have a question for anyone who has had problems with this and can tell me how to make it disappear...I've noticed a white line above the water line what can I do to make it go away?

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 11:40:25 am »
My dealer said windex also!

TrikkeAddict

• 2005 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 11:41:33 am »
My dealer also told me to clean the inside of the spa with windex.  I cleaned it before I filled it after delivery, then rinsed it well.

On my previous spa I used a product called Clean-All, which I ordered from www.spadepot.com - which reminds me - I need to order some.  Does a great job of cleaning the inside of the spa - cleans that white water line - and the spa cover.  I apply 303 to the cover after cleaning it.

Susan

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 12:13:49 pm »
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is the best cleaning product I've ever used.  It's the only device I need to clean everything in the showroom.  It is a viscuous foam cleaning pad that gets into every nook and cranny and removes the dirt, grease, oils, etc without using any type of chemical whatsoever.  Our service guys carry them on the trucks to clean spa shells, cabinets, and covers.  They are great!

Terminator
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:14:32 pm by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

georgiapeach

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 01:07:04 pm »
My dealer also recommended windex, but I don't windex at home; I use vinegar and water.  So I use that, plus the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser....Works wonders!!!  ;D

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 03:46:46 pm »
I just changed my water last Saturday (it had been in use since Feb.) and did not have to clean anything under the waterline.  At and just above the waterline, I used the Leisure Time Tub Rub which is convenient and very effective.  Some 303 on the cover and pillows and it's all set..... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 12:10:05 am »
I just changed my water last Saturday (it had been in use since Feb.) and did not have to clean anything under the waterline.  At and just above the waterline, I used the Leisure Time Tub Rub which is convenient and very effective.  Some 303 on the cover and pillows and it's all set..... 8)

But you just flip the cabinet panels around instead of cleaning them and they look like new right...? ;) ;) ;)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 09:03:47 am »
But you just flip the cabinet panels around instead of cleaning them and they look like new right...? ;) ;) ;)

Oh Stuart......
Homeworks Financing Representative

aaahhh

• aaahhh now that feels good!  04 Marquis Euphoria
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 09:08:52 am »
My dealer and other friends with Spa's say Windex is the way to go. I must say I looked at them like ya right your pulling my leg. I expected my dealer to sell me something $300.00 for 16oz bottle. As I was waiting for the surprise of this is where we getcha. Nope no getcha Windex works just fine.

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 09:52:12 am »
Anyone see My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
Homeworks Financing Representative

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 10:46:58 am »
I was wondering if anyone else was going to bring that up.  The father of the bride used windex for everything!
Brewman
Brewman

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 10:48:43 am »
Ok..here's what I did..I had a white line just above the waterline, tried everything to get it off but it kept coming back (notice all the PAST TENSE?) anyway, I tried ya'll's idea with the mr clean magic eraser and I can now say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! It's gone gone gone and I'm really impressed with that product, took all the entire white line away!!!

Thanks Guys!

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 12:06:14 pm »
Oh Stuart......

Sorry, private joke from conversation this week...

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 04:12:00 pm »

Absolutely!....gotta luv those reversible panels! 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 04:12:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42