What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Windex  (Read 26097 times)

Gair

Re: Windex
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 06:24:39 pm »
My dealer recommends a product called Plexus.  It is a  Plastic Cleaner Protectant & Polish.  Works great.  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2005, 06:24:39 pm »

Campsalot

• Sundance Maxxus Super Tub
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2005, 11:12:09 pm »
Ok I have to say this since no one else had!  According to the Father in the movie "My big fat greek wedding"  Windex cures evrything! ;D

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 01:45:06 pm »
Never tried windex on the shell yet..I'm reluctant to use anything but a tiny bit of baking soda in hot water. I will probably ask my dealer if I can use anything else on it...what I'm looking at right now is Clorox Disinfecting wipes to use on the tub...I'll hollar at my dealer in a bit and ask about them they would be a very good way to clean the tub (btw my tub is not slick like some it's got the rough surface).

But..I do have a question for anyone who has had problems with this and can tell me how to make it disappear...I've noticed a white line above the water line what can I do to make it go away?
hey backpains! hope today is a low pain # day for you.....
for cleaning, i also must say mr clean eraser is the best thing i have ever used to clean the tub.... as well as the fridge, kitchen cabinets, the walls, etc...(can you tell i have 4 kids??)
i also found another great use for it. works great on glass patio tables, taking off the crusty stuff from numerous rain storms. i imagine it would work well on the white line around your tub too....sounds like some sort of mineral build up....
one reason i like the mr clean so much is that are no harsh chems in it, so it doesnt mess with you water chemistry.
even though they're about $3-4 at the local wal****? i have found you can make them last longer by splitting them lengthwise(looks like 2 pieces of bread now) so they are still about 4"x6", only now its 1" thick vice 2"....
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 01:49:28 pm by kent »

Haynes

• 2005 Down East Cape Cod/ Monongahela, PA
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 02:43:46 pm »
I have used Windex to clean the inside of my tub with no ill effects.

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 05:18:53 pm »
hey backpains! hope today is a low pain # day for you.....
for cleaning, i also must say mr clean eraser is the best thing i have ever used to clean the tub.... as well as the fridge, kitchen cabinets, the walls, etc...(can you tell i have 4 kids??)
i also found another great use for it. works great on glass patio tables, taking off the crusty stuff from numerous rain storms. i imagine it would work well on the white line around your tub too....sounds like some sort of mineral build up....
one reason i like the mr clean so much is that are no harsh chems in it, so it doesnt mess with you water chemistry.
even though they're about $3-4 at the local wal****? i have found you can make them last longer by splitting them lengthwise(looks like 2 pieces of bread now) so they are still about 4"x6", only now its 1" thick vice 2"....

Obi:

Actually I have not gotten the white line off (thinking it's the same hard water line we get on the faucets in the house) so, my dealer says to increase my stain and scale to 2 ounces instead of 1 ounce.  So, I'll try that and see if it clears up the problem. But thank you for the idea hun.

BP

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 05:24:40 pm »
Ok I have to say this since no one else had!  According to the Father in the movie "My big fat greek wedding"  Windex cures evrything! ;D

Look back a little in the thread...I think someone mentioned it ..LOL
::)
Homeworks Financing Representative

Lablover2004

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 03:10:59 pm »
My dealer told me windex too, but I really am leary about using it when the time comes.

I have used windex to kill flies though, my Big fat Greek wedding was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They used windex for everything.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2005, 03:10:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42