What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Draining in the dead cold....  (Read 9032 times)

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
Re: Draining in the dead cold....
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 11:07:35 am »
After talking with my husband about the winter schedule for dumping the tub. We are in hopes that the problems we are having with keeping our water fresh and clean are behind us now. As you all know being a newbie to the hot tub world means making a few mistakes both drains were of my mistakes I added clarifier the first time and the second when I had to drain so...I think not adding the clarifier will probably help alot.  What we are going to do is drain and refill about november and see how long it will last, if we have to dump during the winter we will wait for a nice day hopefully 40 or better degrees.

To everyone who gave me advice, to which you thought I was mean, or rude to I am truly sorry for my statements! You all have truly been a god send with this task of trying to figure out this darned hot tub process and chems are getting easier because of you all! So...I'm truly sorry for my actions I do hope you can forgive me and we can move past this!

Thanks

BP

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2005, 11:07:35 am »

joking103

• It's too cold!
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2005, 01:29:39 pm »
Backpains,

I go away for a while and you're in trouble already  ;D

You have an out building, isn't it near the house, I'd say and let me stress "if you absolutely need to drain the tub", use the heater like someone suggested, and if the house is close enough, they sell a hose system for fish tanks it syphons to the sink and when your done it refills same hose.  Phython I think it's called.

To everyone, try to relax a bit, people have bad days all the time, with zero excuses.  And some people are just plain rotten.  We all know backpains is not one of those so maybe we could cut her a little slack.  And if you don't want to hear what everyone thinks (good, bad and indifferent around here, don't ask.  

Stay cool people  8)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2005, 02:42:59 pm »
By the time you have to worry about sub zero water changes, you won't be such a newbie any more, and will likely have your water issues under control long before then.  

But if the worst case scenario plays out, you now know about your options and associated risks in water changes in drastically cold temperatures.
Brewman
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2005, 02:42:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42