What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Tub Purchase  (Read 3549 times)

rshanno1

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
New Tub Purchase
« on: July 29, 2005, 08:07:04 pm »
I'm new to the site and could use some assistance w/ our purchase.  We are considering a new 2004 model Sundane Cameo, priced w/ cover and lift, steps and LED light at $7350 or a 2005 Dimension One Aurora II w/ the same features for $7500.  To complicate the decision, we looked today at a similarly equipped Bullfrog 562 for $7000 and were intrigued by the JetPack design.  We are hoping to wet test each this weekend but, in the meantime, I'd be interested in any opinions on our choices and the prices.  FWIW we are located in Central Iowa.  Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

New Tub Purchase
« on: July 29, 2005, 08:07:04 pm »

tootall

Re: New Tub Purchase
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2005, 08:58:42 pm »
Sounds about right on cost. look at the Marquis brand and also Hotsprings.

vlady

• 05 Sundance Cameo
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 09:11:54 pm »
Can't really say about the price of the Cameo that you were quoted since I have a 2005 with every bell and whistle that can be put on it....but, I can tell you that I love it.

Good luck in your search!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 10:29:29 pm »
Good choices, fair prices, The Bullfrog is  the only one I haven't seen personally.  Since your going to wettest, let that help you decide and have fun. We will look forward to hearing what you have to say
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mark 2550

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 11:54:58 pm »
All I can add is of the models listed I've only seen the bullfrog still deciding your pricing on this unit is the exact same price I was quoted  going to still check out D-1 tubs , our bullfrog dealer use to carry the sundance line but due a larger firm they bought the rights to the sundance line in the northern part  of Illinois so this paticular dealer picked up the bullfrog line but had nothing bad to say about the sundance line in which they carried for over 14 years but also stated te bullfrog tubs were a quality line, still trying to decide but I like their way of thinking and simplicity of design were still looking it's a hard choice over some more familiar brand names.

Good luck in choosing let us know how the wet test goes and your personal views of the models you have looked at

stuart

• Ultimate Member
  • Big hairy guys need hottubs too...
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 12:13:44 am »
I'm new to the site and could use some assistance w/ our purchase.  We are considering a new 2004 model Sundane Cameo, priced w/ cover and lift, steps and LED light at $7350 or a 2005 Dimension One Aurora II w/ the same features for $7500.  To complicate the decision, we looked today at a similarly equipped Bullfrog 562 for $7000 and were intrigued by the JetPack design.  We are hoping to wet test each this weekend but, in the meantime, I'd be interested in any opinions on our choices and the prices.  FWIW we are located in Central Iowa.  Thanks

Thats a fair price on the D1, I think when you wet test you will find the Aurora II better seating and unbeatable for massage!

Can't help you with the price on the Cameo, I don't sell them nor own one. I've sold quite a few used ones though and it seems to be one of Sundances best massage units in addition to being very popular.

Chris_H

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 12:38:45 am »
Cameo is at a reasonable price.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 11:47:26 am »
I'd be buying the Sundance or D1 if it were my money.  We have a local Bullfrog dealer around here and I've talked to a few owners who are pretty disappointed with the jetpacks and overall quality of the spas.  Never heard any complaints about Sundance or D1.

Terminator
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 11:48:28 am by East_TX_Spa »
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 02:01:24 pm »
The only thing I can say about bullfrog..is you have to wet test to get the idea. Seriously Your choices with sundance and d1 is a very good one...but do wet test the bullfrog I'm interested in your feelings on it!

mark 2550

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2005, 09:47:30 am »
I'd be buying the Sundance or D1 if it were my money.  We have a local Bullfrog dealer around here and I've talked to a few owners who are pretty disappointed with the jetpacks and overall quality of the spas.  Never heard any complaints about Sundance or D1.

Terminator

What exactly were the owners complaining about on the bullfrog tub we have considered this tub but would like to hear about some real life expierence's

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 02:05:55 pm »
What exactly were the owners complaining about on the bullfrog tub we have considered this tub but would like to hear about some real life expierence's

I'll be happy to.

The first time I saw the JetPack system, I thought they were really on to something.  I've talked to some people that have called us wanting service on their Bullfrog as the local dealer doesn't have a service department.  I always ask why they decided on a Bullfrog over a HotSpring, they always answer "because of the JetPacks and they were cheaper."  When I ask how they like the JetPacks, these are some of the replies I've gotten:

1.  All the seats are the same height and they aren't very comfortable

2.  The jets are not very strong

3.  There are some really bad smells and residue buildup behind the JetPacks

4.  The JetPacks are kind of flimsy

5.  After the novelty has worn off, it's a real hassle to move the packs around

6.  The JetPacks leak as the fittings aren't very tight (the water does leak INTO the spa, but this may be one of the reasons why the jets aren't very strong)

7.  All of the jets feel pretty much the same

I don't think the Bullfrogs are necessarily a bad spa, you can certainly do a lot worse.  Much of it may have to do with the local dealer's lack of service to their customers.  One of my customer's neighbors bought one and has had to have it worked on 5 times in 6 months.  He is not a happy man.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 02:05:55 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42