What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Should we drain the water?  (Read 2258 times)

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
Should we drain the water?
« on: July 20, 2005, 04:12:53 pm »
Hi,

Ok, this is very disappointing but here goes. We got a new tub, it was delivered and the deck was built around it. The tub was being wired up and the guy doing it realized there was a problem with the control box. So now we have a service guy coming out next Thursday to see what the problem is.  In the meantime we had filled it with water.  Since it's not running should I dump the water?  Thanks,

Rachel

Hot Tub Forum

Should we drain the water?
« on: July 20, 2005, 04:12:53 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Should we drain the water?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 06:58:39 pm »
By next Thursday do you mean tomorrow, or a week from? If it's tomorrow don't worry about it. If it's next week, drain it. I am a but currious though, "the guy wiring it up" was he from the dealership? If before applying electricity to the spa, what kind of problem could he have discovered?
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 10:14:04 am »
HI,

No, the guy wiring it was the same guy who did our deck.  The guy coming out will be from the dealership.  The guy wiring it said he couldn't get it to ground. I guess it immediately would kick the breaker so he has figured it's coming from the control box in the tub.  Not sure I'm making sense, just trying to reiterate what he said.  I bet the guy coming on Thursday will try to blame the guy who was wiring it.  This just sucks. Ok we'll drain because it's not until next Thursday that they can come.  I'm so bummed this is happening.  Hopefully it's an easy fix, that maybe the controller just needs to be replaced. I don't know......  What I do know is that the guy who was wiring our tub had his friend come over who's also an electrician for a 2nd opinion and he too said the problem was coming from the tub.

Rachel

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 11:32:54 am »
If your breaker is tripping on a new spa/hook up, it has been my experience that many times the disconnect box is wired wrong ....If your box was purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot, there seem to be a common mistake that is made with the common wire ....for us this has happened about a dozen times.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
;DRe: Should we drain the water?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 02:38:09 pm »
I believe Mendo is right. It's got to be in the electrical hook up.
Have the electrician call the manufacturer if need be, it sounds like something is wrong there.

hottubber... ;D

tonyp

• Soaking in a HS Envoy!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 02:46:40 pm »
Definitely sounds like a ground/neutral mix-up.  Unlikely to be in the spa.  What kind of tub is it?  Did the dealer provide any wiring information?  I know that HS has detailed wiring information in their pre-installation guide which is available on their website.  

Rachel

• Four Winds Maverick I
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 03:35:17 pm »
It's a Four Winds Maverick I
They provided a manual which has the wiring info.  The guy that was working on it for us did my neighbor's tub and had no problem. They got theirs from the same dealer.  He said it's the control box in the tub. I guess we'll know when the service guy from the dealer comes next Thursday.  The guy wiring my tub said it was pretty easy, color coded, he's done a bunch and that even a trained chimp could do it.   He just couldn't get power to the tub, it would immediately kick the breaker.  Whatever, I'm just pissed this shit is happening.  You see I would have paid 10 grand for a caddy but the hubby only wanted to spend about 4k at the most.  So far I think we're getting what we paid for.  We'll see Thursday if it's an easy problem to fix and then I'll give the lowdown and review of our new spa.

Rachel

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 03:35:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42