What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: N2 and Removing/Adding Water  (Read 2853 times)

Drewski

• Artesian Piper Glen since 1999 in Beachtown, USA
N2 and Removing/Adding Water
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:41:37 am »
Hi All:

In the "Where did all my chlorine go?" thread, another member posted the following:

A while back I was wondering if I changed or even partially changed out the water before the 4 months can I keep using the N2 cartriidge.  This is what the N2 folks said:

"You will need to replace the Nature 2 whenever the water is drained and refilled.  This is because you loose a good percentage of the silver ions when you drain the spa, and there is not enough in a depleted cartridge to bring it back up to the proper level.  So you will need to change the Nature 2 cartridge."

I moved this quote to a new thread because my discussion will be off-topic of his original post.

OK, straight up, this is the first I've heard of this. My usual routine involves removing and adding water weekly (6 people in the tub displace more water than 2), so it wouldn't be unusual for me to add 100 gallons to a 500 gallon spa on a weekly basis.

I kinda understand N2's answer, it makes sense that the concentration of silver ions would need to hit a certain level to be effective and that adding water would reduce this. Unfortunately, I never considered this before now, which means I've been maintaining on just Chlorine and Ozone.  Guess that N2 cartridge is now worthless huh?

Anyone else out there end up removing and adding water regularly?

Thoughts on this issue with N2? Consider going to the "pool" size?

Thanks...

Drewski

???

« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 11:43:34 am by Drewski »
It's a HOT tub... anything else is just a POOL!

Hot Tub Forum

N2 and Removing/Adding Water
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:41:37 am »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Re: N2 and Removing/Adding Water
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 12:00:06 pm »
We had been using the Spa Frog (similar to N2) and did NOT put one in with our last water change.  It's only been about 6 weeks but I've seen absolutely no difference in the quality of the water.  We're using just dichlor and ozone and the water quailty has been great.  So unless something changes I don't plan on spending an addition $20-$30 per water change to swap out the mineral purifier.

Ken
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 12:00:28 pm by bulmer4nc »
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 07:57:47 pm »
My tub is only 1 week old so I have not needed to add any water yet, but am wondering is there a way to measure the silver content in the water (test strip)?      If there is my dealer never supplied one (just the 4 part one). Also how do you really know how effective it is?

txwillie

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 04:49:10 pm »
We had been using the Spa Frog (similar to N2) and did NOT put one in with our last water change.  It's only been about 6 weeks but I've seen absolutely no difference in the quality of the water.  We're using just dichlor and ozone and the water quailty has been great.  So unless something changes I don't plan on spending an addition $20-$30 per water change to swap out the mineral purifier.

Ken

I was using the spa frog inline bromine and mineral cartridges until a couple of weeks ago, drained and filled and started using dichlor. I was out of the mineral cartridges and decided to go without them and see. My water has NEVER looked this good. No more bromine for me. I'm almost 2 weeks into this fill and by now if I was using bromine the water would be fizzy and cloudy with the jets on. So far, the water looks and feels like it did the day I filled it. Don't see any need to spend almost $30 on the mineral cartridge either.

txwillie

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 05:19:43 pm »
I was using the spa frog inline bromine and mineral cartridges until a couple of weeks ago, drained and filled and started using dichlor. I was out of the mineral cartridges and decided to go without them and see. My water has NEVER looked this good. No more bromine for me.

txwillie

Tx,
Welcome to the world of non-fizzy, non-bromine smelling, clear water.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 05:19:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42