What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WOW!  (Read 5193 times)

tootall

WOW!
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:30:42 am »
As I spent a few hours going through the old posts starting back 2000 cira. I laugh at the debates over full foam vs therma pane. An this brand vs that brand this dealer vs that dealer. I laughed quite a bit now that I can't find a spa not full foamed. even from the companies that boasted other wise. I see that time has told. Sorry I just see that this full of info and entertainment.

Hot Tub Forum

WOW!
« on: July 06, 2005, 12:30:42 am »

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
Re: WOW!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 08:06:35 am »
I laughed quite a bit now that I can't find a spa not full foamed. even from the companies that boasted other wise.

You're obviously not looking hard enough.......
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2005, 08:21:29 am »
Windsurfdog is right!

There's Coleman, Emerald, Master and I believe Hydropool is a combination of both.

Maybe you shouldn't worry about the insulation method as much and just find a tub you like - it does open up more possibilities.

just my $0.02

tootall

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 10:31:44 am »
No I just found it funny the debates and the flaming that took place over five years ago.  But looking at all 321 pages and reading topics that caught my eye out side of the flame wars. has been Informitve such as pouring a cement pad. chemicals ect...

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 11:02:15 am »
I don't think you need to go back 5 years to find debates on that issue. As Vinny mentioned, there's LOTS of companies that don't full foam and that aspect of the purchase should equate to about 10% of the buying decision.

Steve

shabba34

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 11:19:33 am »
I don't think you need to go back 5 years to find debates on that issue. As Vinny mentioned, there's LOTS of companies that don't full foam and that aspect of the purchase should equate to about 10% of the buying decision.

Steve

Come on Steve, we all know that it should be at least 13.4% of the buying decision. ;D

tootall

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 11:21:45 am »
Ok that was not part of what made up my mined to buy the Marquis epic. here is what was help me deside between sundance optima, and marquis epic
1. qaulity both looked very equal. one is ISO 9001 cert.
the other is UL rated scratched my head over that for a bit till i read the UL standard is Lot higher. ISO just proves that a product is made the same way every time the same way and that can be good. It might be a good thing but, when I lived in Europe ISO is just a means to help set the standards for the E.U. so that languages would not be a problem. Europe also has a UL rating and it is CE. and they follow The UL rating system.
2. service both dealers have great service both have good Warranties.
but that tipped the scale was the wet test the sundance was just too powerfull to me felt like I was on the end of a fire hose. Marquis was just right.
So end of debate.
why I went back to page 321 was I suffer from insomnia and nothing better to do. so i looked tru all the posts and read what I found that caught my eye.

fletch49

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 11:39:34 am »
ISO and UL are two completely different ratings. ISO 900x certification means is that the company's manufacturing methods adhere to a defined ISO standard (9001-4, 16949, 14001) and is certified by a 3rd party registrar. This end has little or nothing to do with safety, materials or performance of product.

Somebody in the know could answer this better, but UL or ETL tests a products compliance to performance, reliability and safety standards.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 11:42:43 am by Spazz »

tootall

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 06:44:38 pm »
I know about ISO and UL I read Both web sites And in fact If a company Is ISO 9001 they still are not UL rated but If a company product is UL test passed and rated ISO 9001 standards are met. Hmmm?????? intresting.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2005, 10:10:42 am »
I know about ISO and UL I read Both web sites And in fact If a company Is ISO 9001 they still are not UL rated but If a company product is UL test passed and rated ISO 9001 standards are met. Hmmm?????? intresting.

Are you trying to say that in order to be UL rated, your company must be ISO 9001  certified?  Ok. I did not know that.  

ISO9001 simply means a company has a documented, standard, repeatable process.  It has not bearing on the quality of the  products being made.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 10:11:02 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tootall

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 10:46:05 am »
No If a company meets UL testing and ratings you You surpass ISO. All ISO is is standards to make something the same way nothing about safety. I Just think that UL just gives me a warm fuzzy better then an iso 9001 rating so a product can be sold in the E.U.

joking103

• It's too cold!
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 12:12:57 pm »
I do document control (ISO) for fun, I mean for my job ISO9001 say I will do what I say I will do as far as keeping records ans the way I "say" I will manufacture the product.  New changes in ISO 9001-2000 are targeting process improvement.

UL/ANSI/CE is more rigid in my mind for the actual construction of the product., not the process.

We send our products out to be tested for EMC/and general safety.  

I believe UL/CE can shut manufacturing down or require you to remove your UL/label.

To defend myself if you strive to keep excellent records, spend huge amounts of money to be certified and follow ISO to a tee, why would you short change yourself by making a product the was less than perfect.   I don' think you would.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 01:03:48 pm »
Comparing ISO to UL is like comparing what color your car is to how long it takes to drive to work........ The two are not related in any way.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 01:55:51 pm »
Comparing ISO to UL is like comparing what color your car is to how long it takes to drive to work........ The two are not related in any way.

Not true. When I drive my tan truck to work it takes about 15 minteus. Wehn I take my red Mustang I'm here in 12.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 02:13:17 pm »

Not true. When I drive my tan truck to work it takes about 15 minteus. Wehn I take my red Mustang I'm here in 12.

That joke was so good I'm going to accuse Doc of setting you up on that one.  You may never get to use it again!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 02:13:17 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42