What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The spa deceptionist  (Read 39720 times)

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Re: The spa deceptionist
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 06:57:42 pm »
As an innocent bystander it seems to me that the way he runs his forum is very unprofessional and would drive new members away.

Here is a perfect example:

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit
Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic  
Topic:  Looking for our first spa (1 of 30), Read 204 times  
Conf:  Hot Tub Spas  
Date:  Tuesday, July 18, 2006 10:24 PM  

My wife and I are shopping for our first spa and would like some advice we have looked from HotSprings to Coleman to Sundance and many others. Any help would be great. We have budgeted between $5000 and $6000 (3-5 people).

Thanks!

Art and Lilly

TOP | Post | Reply | Reply/Quote | Email Reply | Delete | Edit
Previous | Next | Previous Topic | Next Topic  
Topic:  Looking for our first spa (23 of 30), Read 4 times  
Conf:  Hot Tub Spas  
Date:  Thursday, July 27, 2006 06:19 PM  

OH,

I'll let you know what I find. Mr. Quixote I have changed my mind don't send those email.
If you treat your customers like you speak out in this board my wife and I do not want to hear what you have to say or sell for that matter. I did visit your site and was not impressed.

Art & Lilly

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2006, 06:57:42 pm »

anne

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2006, 09:45:30 pm »
Why do y'all call him Don Quixote? I mean, I get that he is delusional (read a little at his site- made my blood boil before I even knew anything about this site). But Don Quixote was a fool in a POSITIVE way, right? Wanted to be a hero, fought windmills (oops), and was the ultimate idealist?

Dance like nobody's watching

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2006, 09:48:35 pm »
I did not call him that. I typed in his real name and by magic it turned to DQ.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:43:22 am by cooltoy2000 »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2006, 09:03:33 am »
Oh come on, guys didn't you know that he's the world formost authority on spas?...(some actual quotes from the lunatic) :

"I don't know of anyone on any of those message boards who understand the issues with spas better than me"

"I started making Caven Spas out of my mercy for humanity"

"I know more about the spa industry that any other human being that I have ever met".

"I didn't ask for this position in the industry. It sort of happened by God's grace."

"The problem is that I know a hell of a lot more than you ever will"

"I am sure by now that you must know that debating spas engineering with me is not a good thing to do."

ahhh, words of wisdom.

;)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 09:04:12 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2006, 10:02:35 am »
Oh come on, guys didn't you know that he's the world formost authority on spas?...(some actual quotes from the lunatic) :

"I am sure by now that you must know that debating spas engineering with me is not a good thing to do."

;)

Debate with this person is impossible.  
He's way too irrational to engage in any discussions- god help you should disagree, even in a minor way to his SPA Gospel.
Brewman

Chris_H

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2006, 09:54:05 am »
"As an electrical engineer" - read that over there.  Amazing.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2006, 10:10:29 am »
His board is riddled with absolutley stunning comments. He dances around the fact he has no training, and always alludes to having an advanced degree. When in fact he doesn't.

He likes to use the word "Studied"  (as in "studied" engineering, electronics, marketing etc).  Implying he's received accrediated tutaliage from a proffesor,  and has been tested and scored with a passing grade.

I can say I've "studied" brian surgery for cripes sake.

Anyhow...More from his deranged celebrial cortex:

'I went to college at night and had many nights where I didn't sleep much, studying for tests and deeply involved in electronics, mathematics and engineering subjects."

"That is because of the fact that most spa companies have no engineers at all."

"Because I am a technical person, with background in several technical fields and in engineering studies"

"I am an electronics designer as well as a spa designer and electrician. "

"That is typical of slippery salesguys. They imply, infer, and tell lies in order to sell an inferior product to uninformed spa shoppers."

And one of my favorites....

"Whenever I have an "engineering question", I consult my brother (35 plus years ), the real engineer. "
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2006, 12:57:19 pm »
My Vote is Archie Bunker.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2006, 01:03:36 pm »
From what little I know him, this is him in a nutshell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2006, 11:44:15 am »
THAT'S IT !! YES YES YES ! THAT IS IT!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D :D :D
;D ;D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D :D :D

;)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2006, 01:26:01 pm »

Snipped frow Wikipedia:

Some believe that 'god complexes' are "particularly common in arrogant, highly educated, worldly, or powerful people.

Well he only exhibits one of the above listed characteristics.  Betcha can't guess which!

Brewman

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2006, 06:33:33 pm »

I'm guessing NOT a)highly educated, b) worldly or c)powerful.....hell, I'd hazard a guess that he's not a d)people, either, but I could be wrong on that one.....so....COMMON and ARROGANT. How'd I do?
"I don't know what your problem is, but I bet it's hard to spell!"
RIP C-Rod

anne

« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2006, 12:00:19 am »

'I went to college at night and had many nights where I didn't sleep much, studying for tests and deeply involved in electronics, mathematics and engineering subjects."

"That is because of the fact that most spa companies have no engineers at all."

"Because I am a technical person, with background in several technical fields and in engineering studies"

"I am an electronics designer as well as a spa designer and electrician. "

"That is typical of slippery salesguys. They imply, infer, and tell lies in order to sell an inferior product to uninformed spa shoppers."

And one of my favorites....

"Whenever I have an "engineering question", I consult my brother (35 plus years ), the real engineer. "

If anyone with a REAL college education wrote that way (except in the context of an extremely informal email or cyber talk in which real grammar rules go out the door) I'd eat my shorts.

Sorry Drewstar- it ended up looking like I was quoting you, not borrowing your quote. Not intended that way!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 12:02:14 am by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2006, 11:23:59 am »
Maybe Drewstar is Jim!!!!!!? :o :o :)

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2006, 09:38:27 am »
Maybe Drewstar is Jim!!!!!!? :o :o :)
Bite your tounge!!!!  :P

Jim, will admit he has no formal education. You need to search his posts, and you'll find it.  But he'll talk as if he does. To the casual reader, or someone "new" to his pontifications, he'll do everything he can to give you the impression he is an engineer.  Just about every topic he talks about  starts off with "i've studied"  Which is really an open ended statement. What the hell does "Studied" mean? Read an article? thought "really really really hard about it?" It's meaningless.

He enjoys claiming that most of his customers are highly educated, once agian tyring to imply that if "smart" people are buying from him, he too must also be smart.

"You have to remember that most of my customers are exceptionally intelligent.

I have been a genius most of my life"

Every once and a while, he'll make such an  bizzare statment,  you sit there just scratching your head, with your mouth agape.....

"Most of the Chinese, and Japanese people I know are smarter than you can imagine."

But, in his defense,

I have never been diagnosed with any mental illnesses. I have never has any bouts with any mental problems  

Then again, I don't think many people have to try and concive other people that are not crazy. If you find yourself constantly having to  remind folks you're not insane, you may want to take a step back and re-consider how you are presenting yourself to people.  Or, at least that's what a sane person would do.

07 Caldera Geneva

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2006, 09:38:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42