What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: The spa deceptionist  (Read 39655 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: The spa deceptionist
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 04:51:06 pm »
He is a spa salesman who runs a mom-and-pop spa business. He takes spas from a manufacturer in California and adds home-made fans and controls, and then sells them under his brand.

If you politely ask him the time of day, he will tell you that you are stupid for not knowing, tell you a quick story about how he used to work at the world's largest watch factory, and that if you were fooled into buying your watch from HotSpring then you deserve not to know the time.

How did I do?   ;)

Pretty close to reality.  Except that he wouldn't just claim to have worked at the watch factory, he'd go on and on about being in the engineering department, and working on a secret watch for CIA operatives, or some other such drivel, despite the fact that he has no formal education in the engineering field.  
I believe he was on the committee that invented the atomic clock- the one that the whole galaxy uses to set their clocks to.  It was his idea, in fact, and he's put many of the same concepts into his spas.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2006, 04:51:06 pm »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2006, 04:52:38 pm »
then there are the websites dedicated to exposing him.
the  BBB issues,
the lawsuits
he has been banned from every major spa forum
the rantings he has made over the years.

It's just overwhelming.

Lest we not forget the name change, and some rather unflattering behavior in his past.

Brewman

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2006, 05:22:00 pm »
SHEESH Talk about a grudge! all I did was say hi and wish everyone a good day and a beautiful tomorrow and he banned me! HEHEHEHE ;D

That's gotta be some sort of record! ;D I'm shocked he's allowed my posts and even MORE shocked that posts don't have to go through him prior to showing up on the forum!

Steve

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 05:25:12 pm »
Whooops...spoke too soon. I just got banned also and wasn't rude like you were with your "have a nice day" stuff! LMAO! :D

Steve

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2006, 05:40:08 pm »
Yea it stinks now I have to resort to lurking his site by wirless internet.LOL
-SpaMan~

Pathfinder

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2006, 05:51:56 pm »
HE has  set up his own topic of  Our first Banned member
Serjicalstrike    saying personal attacks will not be permitted

but we know that from his setup topic of Beachcomer he was out for steve from the get go

Who is next for him to defame publicly  on his board???

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 07:04:00 pm »
He just don't like me much which makes me believe I'm on the right track! ;)

Steve

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2006, 12:25:01 am »
One thing that is missing in this thread is Jim's abhorant abuse of religion in an attempt to verify his positon through assocation.   He attempts to use religion to manipulate people.  If he had ANY intelligence, he would realize how transparent this flawed approadh really is.  In the next breath he will cuss and scorn the exact same people he was tryign to cajole in the prior post.  He has delusions of granduer . Today he actually claimed in a post today to have single handily "solved Coleman's plumbing problems when they hired him under contract..."  If he EVER worked for Coleman it couldn't have been for long and he was probably more like a dock loader than an engineer.  He is hatefull, angry and probably clinically delusional.  I've bantered with him numerous times on "the other board" (not his own) where he can't simply "wipe my posts out of existance".  I say banter but the reality is that he doesn't debate well at all so usually it's simply me pointing out all the holes in his arguements and then him posting something spitefull.  If you don't know him, you are lucky. He has been sued for not paying bills, he has been taken to court due to his anger (I think he may even have been convicted of assult on someone).    He is a real peice of work.  Oh yea, I forgot the golden rule... If you can't say anything good about a person, don't say anything at all..."  I take back all that stuff I previously wrote in this post and realize that I need to go back and delete all this stuff.  Now, where is that backspace key.............................................Oops, that was the ENTER key, DRAT!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 12:28:03 am by ndabunka »
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2006, 07:18:25 am »
One thing that is missing in this thread is Jim's abhorant abuse of religion

Biy that is right on. In his email messages directly to me, he tried to attack me on religious values.  The man has never met me and I dare say, nobody outside my own family has any ideas of my religous values.  I'll just say, I'm not an evangelist.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2006, 10:06:13 am »
another gem:

"I talked with the owner of the What's the best, and he doesn't know the first thing about spas until I taught him."

Really?
07 Caldera Geneva

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2006, 12:11:37 pm »
another gem:

"I talked with the owner of the What's the best, and he doesn't know the first thing about spas until I taught him."

Really?

Yeah, it taught the owner of this site that banning some people is a good idea.  

Brewman

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2006, 05:23:25 pm »
Is this Jim Arjuna from Pool and Spa Web Board?

And is Steve on this forum, the guy that Jim supposedly had fired from two Hot tub dealerships?

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together. I have no comments or thoughts about their argument if these are the people I am talking about.

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2006, 05:28:08 pm »
cooltoy, you are right on all accounts.  I just read some of the latest rantings over there and something has really set the Flim Flam Man off on a tirade.  He is a foul-mouthed, loathsome, degenerate, con-man.  Never for a second allow yourself to believe otherwise.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 06:46:56 pm »
I make it a rule not to partake in the politics. Especially since I do not know (nor do I want to know) the details of what appears to be a long standing, heated battle.

I have seen this mentioned on several boards, so I just wanted to get the players right.

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 06:48:47 pm »
PS. LOL on the Don Quixote. Now I know why he is called "The one whose name will not be mentioned". :-X

My name is Greg by the way.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 06:50:50 pm by cooltoy2000 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 06:48:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42