What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Delivery time?  (Read 6814 times)

RockyRanch

Delivery time?
« on: June 21, 2005, 07:53:16 pm »
Good Day to all! What would any of you think the "normal" delivery time would be, from time unit is ordered till it showes up at the dealer. We are working on a month & can't say we are happy about it after being told "2 weeks or less". The spa is Hot Springs from CA & we are in FL.

Thank You!

Hot Tub Forum

Delivery time?
« on: June 21, 2005, 07:53:16 pm »

spaman--

• Hot tubs are not for soaking, they are for selling
Re: Delivery time?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 08:07:19 pm »
Not right to over promise and underdeliver,but that is a long haul.I do know it is not cost effective to ship 1 or 2 spas at a time so I imagine you are waitin' on the truck to fill up.
-SpaMan~

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 08:07:37 pm »
My HotSpring Vanguard, which I have had almost 2 years now, took about 4 weeks from time of order to delivery, well, delivery at my dealer.  It took another week to organize the crane to lift it over my house, but that is another story!  Right, guys??

;) ;D ::)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 11:05:57 pm »
I ordered My Arctic Spa on Friday.  It is being built on June 30 and if all goes well, they will have it shipped from out west and at my house from July 14 to 21.  I cant wait.  

Dont rub it in Backpains, I know I know, yours is coming first. ;D

VADave

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 11:09:38 pm »
If I remember correctly, it took about 6 weeks for my Envoy to make it to Virginia.

RockyRanch

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 07:28:53 am »
Thanks to all for easing my pain, we took so long to pick a unit that we wanted to load it on our trailer & take it with us the day we bought it  ;D. I guess good things come to he who waits.

Have a great day!

Backpains

• proud owner of a Coleman 461
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:10:59 am »
Rocky:

Has I have been told time and time again patience oh wise one! The delivery time for my Coleman (and yes I have to rub it in Bosco neener neener neener I'm getting mine sooner  :P )from the time I ordered which was the 31st of May to the time it was in my dealers shop exactly 17 days. But, yes they do wait until they have a full load before they send tubs it's just not cost efficient to send on or two tubs at a time. Anyway I do hope you get your tub soon.

Best Regards

Backpains

P.S. Chas get some Duckys for these folks for having to wait! hehehehehehehe

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 11:34:09 am »
I don't think 4 weeks is out of the ordinary. The real issue is that they told you it would be 2 weeks and didn't come through. Had they told you 4 weeks up front you'd still be anxious but you wouldn't feel slighted.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

RockyRanch

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:42 am »
Right on the money, We spent lots of time digging a 90 ft ditch & running power to get ready in a hurry when we could have taken our time. We also would not have paid for it till it showed up. Thanks for making us feel a little better.

;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005, 11:57:45 am »
As Spaman said, Overpromising, is the evil here.  Perhaps some dealers over promise for fear of losing the sale if all things equal you might go to someone who can deliver faster.  We bought a floor model and had to wait for delivery while we did the pad and electric.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
IMPORTANT - Make your dealer prove it
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 12:51:39 pm »
All on this board know that I am a particular suspicious on this topic - if your dealer promised 2 weeks and you are at 4 BEWARE.

Did you put up a substantial deposit (hopefully on a credit card)?  My dealer did this to 118 people then went bankrupt.  He showed paperwork that the orders had been forwarded to the factory but as he was on a Cash on Order basis with them they were not scheduling manufacture.

Demand return of your deposit now - you will be happy to return it to them when the tub is on site at the dealer's facility.

I got screwed - don't let it happen to you.

shabba34

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 01:03:31 pm »
Good Day to all! What would any of you think the "normal" delivery time would be, from time unit is ordered till it showes up at the dealer. We are working on a month & can't say we are happy about it after being told "2 weeks or less". The spa is Hot Springs from CA & we are in FL.

Thank You!

Where from in FL Rocky???

RockyRanch

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 01:18:01 pm »
Webster, east of Brooksville, south of Ocala.

Update! Tub has landed in Orlando, set up for Saturday delivery.

Dino, Thank you for the input, we are grateful for sharing of experience to protect others.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 01:20:21 pm by RockyRanch »

RockyRanch

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 09:43:19 am »
Update: SPA showed up Saturday & thanks to all the great info here & testing our water ahead of time & making a choice on chemicals, all went well & we were able to use it this weekend. Well worth the wait.

Thanks again to all the posters here that give us great info if we just search & read.

;D

frankeyboy

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 03:11:19 pm »
We ordered the Sundance Majesta on a Thursday afternoon.  It arrived at the dealer 13 days later.  That was almost a month ago.  It is still sitting in his warehouse because our deck construction was delayed a little over 3 weeks.  The deck is now complete, and the tub will be delivery Wednesday morning.  Can't wait!

Frankeyboy

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 03:11:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42