What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Service is Important!  (Read 3439 times)

isright

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Service is Important!
« on: July 03, 2005, 04:19:25 pm »
I purschased a Hot Springs "Tiger Bengal" the end of 2002.  I have to say the tub has been great and given me many nights of relaxziation.  Just recently I had to have it serviced as the heater was not heating.  This was in April.  I decided to go ahead and empty the tub and refill it and noticed I was also having a problem with the floor drain.  I preceed to go out the "Life Styles" where I purchased the tub in Ann Arbor, Michigan and asked them what the cost would be of new heater.  They told me $200.00 but the tub was probably under warrenty.  The salesman looked it up and said it sure was and gave me the number to call for service.  I was really happy and remembered that was one of the reasons I bought a Hot Springs tub as they had a great warrenty.  I called for service and the girl real nice set up and appointment to have service come out.  I told her the tub was empty and even joked with her how I figured a service guy would have to have scuba gear if there was water in it.  Well service came out and saw no water in the tub and immediately gave me a bill for $95.00 and said to put water in it and reschedule to have him come out.  Well, I did and told the girl in the customer service department I didn't feel I should be responsible for paying the $95.  She said she would talk to her supervisor and get back to me and set up an appointment to have service that week-end.  When service came out the heater had to be replaced.  This was April 21st.  After talking to the girls (3 different ones) on 4 different occassions regarding the $95 and being told each time they would talk to their supervisor the heater stopped heating again.  I called again 3rd week in June and was told they would not come out until I paid the bill.  "Life Styles" customer service let me talk to the service manager but when I requested to let me talk to someone hire on the food chain they refused to let me talk to anyone or even give me a name of who was in top dog.  I then called Watkins who makes the tub and they told me they have also had problems in the past with this perticular manager and gave me a name of another company "Refelections" which is 102 miles from my home.  Well they were great and offered to come out.  Told me they have also had customer from "Life Styles" call them for service as they also had problems.  I am sure I am going to have to pay mileage for them to come out but I am wondering if anyone else has had problems with "Life Styles" or know of who else I can register a complaint with.  It is a sham because Hot Springs tubs I really believe is a great product but if you can't get service in your area I'm not sure what good it is.  Anyone with suggestions of who else I can go to I would appreciate a response.  
Thank you,

Hot Tub Forum

Service is Important!
« on: July 03, 2005, 04:19:25 pm »

tootall

Re: Service is Important!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 04:38:54 pm »
I bet a letter from a lawyer would change there minds. I have had service problems on other things a got run a rounds befor. In my line of work I have a law firm on retainer and a letter from them solves the problem with in a few days ;D good luck with your lack of service.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 04:41:57 pm »
I think part of the problem is being in Ann  Arbor  ;D

Ok, I know I'm starting early this year :)  Thanks for relating your story, and let us know if this 2nd company takes care of you.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

isright

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 04:47:07 pm »
Nice to know someone is really out there even if it is from OH I won't hold location against you.  And you are starting early.
thanks

I think part of the problem is being in Ann  Arbor  ;D

Ok, I know I'm starting early this year :)  Thanks for relating your story, and let us know if this 2nd company takes care of you.

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2005, 05:09:31 pm »
After your warranty is up (or even during your warranty), I would love to be able to earn your business weather it’s chemicals or service.  I am the owner of Arctic Spas - Novi (Ann Arbor is next on my list for a retail store).  I can send you referral letters of customers who purchased an Arctic Spa from the previous dealer (who isn’t allowed to sell Arctic Spas because of the lack of service) who I am now warranting each and every spa in the Metro Detroit area!  Please let me know if I can ship you chemicals (we will match or beat any price including shipping)

Thanks,
Michael
www.HeavenlyTimes.com

J._McD

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2005, 05:35:42 pm »
I purschased a Hot Springs "Tiger Bengal" the end of 2002.  I have to say the tub has been great and given me many nights of relaxziation.  Just recently I had to have it serviced as the heater was not heating.  This was in April.  I decided to go ahead and empty the tub and refill it and noticed I was also having a problem with the floor drain.  I preceed to go out the "Life Styles" where I purchased the tub in Ann Arbor, Michigan and asked them what the cost would be of new heater.  They told me $200.00 but the tub was probably under warrenty.  The salesman looked it up and said it sure was and gave me the number to call for service.  I was really happy and remembered that was one of the reasons I bought a Hot Springs tub as they had a great warrenty.  I called for service and the girl real nice set up and appointment to have service come out.  I told her the tub was empty and even joked with her how I figured a service guy would have to have scuba gear if there was water in it.  Well service came out and saw no water in the tub and immediately gave me a bill for $95.00 and said to put water in it and reschedule to have him come out.  Well, I did and told the girl in the customer service department I didn't feel I should be responsible for paying the $95.  She said she would talk to her supervisor and get back to me and set up an appointment to have service that week-end.  When service came out the heater had to be replaced.  This was April 21st.  After talking to the girls (3 different ones) on 4 different occassions regarding the $95 and being told each time they would talk to their supervisor the heater stopped heating again.  I called again 3rd week in June and was told they would not come out until I paid the bill.  "Life Styles" customer service let me talk to the service manager but when I requested to let me talk to someone hire on the food chain they refused to let me talk to anyone or even give me a name of who was in top dog.  I then called Watkins who makes the tub and they told me they have also had problems in the past with this perticular manager and gave me a name of another company "Refelections" which is 102 miles from my home.  Well they were great and offered to come out.  Told me they have also had customer from "Life Styles" call them for service as they also had problems.  I am sure I am going to have to pay mileage for them to come out but I am wondering if anyone else has had problems with "Life Styles" or know of who else I can register a complaint with.  It is a sham because Hot Springs tubs I really believe is a great product but if you can't get service in your area I'm not sure what good it is.  Anyone with suggestions of who else I can go to I would appreciate a response.  
Thank you,

Now wait just one minute, why didn't they fix it when they were there.  They could have checked the Ohms of the heater while they were there.  I thought those heaters had a "NO FAULT" warranty.  Where did they get off charging you $95 for a warranty problem on the heater. >:( >:(

If they couldn't figure out the Ohms reading to determine the heater being good or bad, they certainly could have disconnected the heater from the circuit and read the voltage going to the heater.  Come on now, I don't understand why they are even charging you.  What is their justification? ??? ???

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 08:40:51 pm »
Nice to know someone is really out there even if it is from OH I won't hold location against you.  And you are starting early.
thanks

He's being easy on you!  He started on my Longhorns back in April!!!

Sorry about your troubles with the dealer!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2005, 08:40:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42