What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pics of the day Oct 15, 06.  (Read 5221 times)

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
Pics of the day Oct 15, 06.
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:28:48 am »

Hot Tub Forum

Pics of the day Oct 15, 06.
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:28:48 am »

tuggnet

• 2006 HotSpring Grandee
Re: Pics of the day Oct 15, 06.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 02:16:46 pm »
Is this a real photo or a CGI rendering?  If it's computer generated, it's good.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 02:34:22 pm »
Looks to me like a live shot, but not outdoors, it looks like it's  in a studio on a set. amost like the photo's you'd get from the Sears photo kiosk with the pull down background.

The first lady in the red suit looks like she hasn't seen the sun in several years. She should also have a sandwhich.She looks like death warmed over.  

It's hard to tell. Are their glasses are empty?

And you gotta love the shoes they are wearing.  My wife would call them  "C.F.M" shoes.  ;)

The whole picture annoys me. That's hard to do, espically if it's a pic of women in bikinis'. But this is....unselttleing for some reason.

CFM shoes, for sure.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:42:08 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tuggnet

• 2006 HotSpring Grandee
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 02:53:01 pm »
I’m not so sure about the studio shoot.  It appears the light source is at their back (evidence by the square shadow on the right of the shot) and that type of light source would be unlikely in a  studio; and then look at the middle lady's leg.  I wouldn't expect the shadow to fall like that.  Almost like another light source above and to the side but no other shadows from this secondary light source are evident.

I find the picture unsettling also.  I'm almost willing to bet it's a CGI rendering or a there’s been a huge amount of post processing in photo shop.

I find most CGI rendering unsettling.  Most often, it's the eyes and the way shadows fall that give them away.

tuggnet

• 2006 HotSpring Grandee
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 02:54:03 pm »
Oh, I agree about the shoes.  My wife and her friends would say the same

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 03:06:00 pm »

What, your wife doesn't wear shoes like that when she's out getting sloshed on martini's with her girlfriends by the hot tub?  :D I bet Brook, Bonnie, Vlady, all the women in THIS forum dress like that for a causual, sassy day by the tub.  I bet they're wearing right now as they sit by the computer.  ;)

The woman in the red suit really annoys me. I bet she couldn't be quite if her life depended on it. I bet she laughs like a braying donkey.  Not that I read a lot into these photos.  OH no.  ;)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:09:03 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

tuggnet

• 2006 HotSpring Grandee
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 03:10:34 pm »

What, your wife doesn't wear shoes like that when she's out getting sloshed on martini's with her girlfriends by the hot tub?  :D I bet Brook, Bonnie, Vlady, all the women in THIS forum dress like that for a causual, sassy day by the tub.  I bet they're wearing right now as they sit by the computer.  ;)
nope, sorry, mama doesn't wear 'em by the hot tub.  Come to think of it, I don't think she owns any like that.  I do believe she own's one of everyother pair of shoes and boots ever made and sold at Nordstroms  :'(

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 03:34:25 pm »
Hope this is better.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 03:40:23 pm »
It's a computer rendering. At least I'm pretty sure. Look at their arms. WAY too skinny to be real. In fact, the lady on the far right, her left arm is sigificantly thinner than her right. Also, the arch in the back of the lady on the left, in the second picture just isn't right.

As for the shadows. The slight shadowing on the face, espically that caused by the nose, is missing. There does appear to be 2 light sources. If you look at the "tush" of the woman on the left, there are two shadows coming from it. One forward and one to the left.

Interestingly, the clouds slightly change from one picture to another (see the left side towards the bottom of the clouds). That kind of rules out a studio shot.. On second thought, maybe the don't change.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 03:51:52 pm »
I

Interestingly, the clouds slightly change from one picture to another (see the left side towards the bottom of the clouds). That kind of rules out a studio shot.. On second thought, maybe the don't change.

I saw that too, but it looks like the camera angle has slighty changed. If you account for that, it looked like the same back drop.  (see where the tub starts on the left side of the pic in the 2nd photo).

There is not doubt the photographer "air brushed" the finished product. But I think these 3 ladys were indeed are flesh and blood, and were sat down togethor on the set.  No?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 03:53:06 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

anne

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 10:39:39 pm »
thanks, cooltoy. Cool move. :)

Oh, and I betcha that if any of them tried to WALK in those shoes, they'd look anything but sexy. ;)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 10:40:40 pm by anne »
Dance like nobody's watching

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 10:56:24 pm »
Not if they were walking toward my hot tub! Though, those toothpick arms................

thanks, cooltoy. Cool move. :)

Oh, and I betcha that if any of them tried to WALK in those shoes, they'd look anything but sexy. ;)

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Gary

• Laugh daily you will live longer
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 06:11:26 pm »
No computer rendering, that was taken in my backyard. ;D
I am a scientist, I convert beer, wine and whiskey into urine.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 06:25:08 pm »
Now that police report makes total sense!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 06:25:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42