What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How would you respond to this email..........  (Read 8918 times)

anne

Re: How would you respond to this email..........
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 11:07:48 am »
Lemme go surfing a bit when i have time later, and I'll report back. Probably better if I talk in specifics. Not a huge complaint, mind you, but I bookmarked a couple pages cuz I had trouble finding them repeatedly. Now I just go to my bookmarks, so I have to remember what was up before that.
Dance like nobody's watching

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 11:07:48 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 11:13:52 am »
There is a new nav menu I've been working on. The thing's a nightmare to write, but I'll try to get an example up a little later today and ask ya to take a look.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 11:20:46 am »
No where near done, but you'll get the basic idea (I think only the left 3 links are complete).

http://www.rhtubs.com/_navmenu-test.htm
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 11:21:27 am by lets »

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 01:57:58 pm »
WAZ UP??? Flame and run? No more comments?

Ok, so I finished something that might help. Try this;

http://www.rhtubs.com/BROMINE.htm

It acts a little differently in IE vs mozilla

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 04:33:55 pm »
With regards to navigation... What's the problem? I mean, what's the difficulty? What can't you find? Gimmie some suggestions.
First - Have Chris Ogden do your graphics. I bet if you gave him full credit he would do it for free.
Next - Fix that one stupid link on your "Misc" page which only highlights "&A message Board" but leaves the Q dark. Really bugs me.
Other than that - it's fine.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 06:32:30 pm »
With regards to navigation... What's the problem? I mean, what's the difficulty? What can't you find? Gimmie some suggestions.
First - Have Chris Ogden do your graphics. I bet if you gave him full credit he would do it for free.
Next - Fix that one stupid link on your "Misc" page which only highlights "&A message Board" but leaves the Q dark. Really bugs me.
Other than that - it's fine.

Chris just made ME responsible for the entire spawars mess........ I aint'a giving him the chance to make me me further responsible  ;D

The problematic "Q". I know, the deal is, the Q links to an entry page for the message board, while the rest of the link links directly, more conviently, directly to the message board.

Wait, I got an idea. I think I can "fix" fix it.

thanks

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 10:30:54 pm »
Doc, I love your site. My only issue is that the forum is a little harder to navigate through compared to other sites. Is it possible to usa an interface similar to what we have on this site? Just my two cents.  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:31:57 pm by Gomboman »
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 12:18:00 am »
Actually, you can set your preferences on it to act EXACTLY like this site.

I haven't played with it enough to know for sure, but I think you want the following three settings;

First click on Set Preferences towards the top of the main page.

Then set List Style to "Compressed List", Display Style to "Guestbook" and Sort Order to "UBB"......... Display Style may need to be "Single Message".......... I'm not sure on that one

Doc, I love your site. My only issue is that the forum is a little harder to navigate through compared to other sites. Is it possible to usa an interface similar to what we have on this site? Just my two cents.  :)

anne

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 01:16:27 am »
I WILL reply look at the site again soon, as I said, but my choice right now is a 15 minute  soak before bed or sitting in front of the computer.....sorry, you lose.....I'll do it as soon as I can....going to Disneyland tomorrow night after work...   busy,busy,busy (anyone recognize that?)
Dance like nobody's watching

geekd

• 2006 HS Grandee
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2006, 04:02:22 pm »
OK, there's a great example of my only real beef about your site.

You gave the link to the  article about bromine.  Great article, and I've read your chlorine one too, becasue it was linked to on this board.

BUT

If I came to your front page, looking for these articles, where would I go to find them?  I can't seem to navigate to them.

Thanks,
geekd

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 04:17:41 pm »
As it has strayed away from the orginal topic, I am locking this thread.  I hope there is no offense to the original poster and the helpful users who have responded.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2006, 04:17:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42