What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Deck for Spa  (Read 2919 times)

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Deck for Spa
« on: June 13, 2005, 08:49:17 pm »
Well the framing of our second tier deck is complete. It is amazing when you plan on paper and then see if come to life  ;D. When it is complete, it will look absolutely amazing. It is making the spa experience even more exciting!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Deck for Spa
« on: June 13, 2005, 08:49:17 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Deck for Spa
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 10:35:41 pm »
Payton,

I couldn't agree with you more. On paper the deck looked OK but as it gets built - WOW.

I'm using Timbertech tongue and groove decking and fascia boards and it looks great.

As we do projects on the house I forget what the "old" house looked like. This project is our "fun" project - a place to relax outside.

I hope your taking pictures - I have been but am waiting for the project to be almost done before I start showing them.

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 10:53:58 pm »
You are 100% correct. The deck we are having built is 24x16. We have an existing deck that is the same size. The new deck sits about 30 inches below the existing deck and about 32 inches off the gound. I am so glad we decided to put the spa outside and not inside as originally planned (The previous owners of our home had a spa built in to the sun room). Our second tier deck is also for relaxation. It will have the spa of course, 2 chaise lounge chairs and a mosaic bistro table with two chairs  ;D. Oh, and I am taking plenty of photos of the whole project. I started out taking pictures of the guys delivering the spa and photographing all the wood needed to build the deck  ;D. Each day as progress is made on the deck, I am taking pictures to capture it all. I can't wait till it is complete and watch it as a slide show. Good luck on your deck as well!!!

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 07:50:50 pm »
Well our floor boards are in on our 2nd tier deck ;D. Our 24'x16' deck will be ready in no time!! It is definitely a lot bigger when built then on paper, lol. We chose a nice size though so we could accommodate a few items other than the spa on the deck. Pictures are being taken as there is progression. I will post them once it is all completed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 07:50:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42