What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Damn thieving little jackasses!  (Read 13205 times)

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Damn thieving little jackasses!
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 09:09:55 am »
We had it happen here a while back. A home intruder was shot and killed, no charges filed.

I wish some of the cops around here would get that attitiude.  

I bet our crime rate would go down a bit if just one story about a lawfully armed citizen thwarting a would be mugger or rapist would ever get reported.  

If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 09:09:55 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 09:29:44 pm »
Ok, Term, I know you go for the real stuff....but if you had a paintball gun, you could have at least decorated your visitors.  Not only are the paintballs colorful, they stink like fish...and sting like crazy...I think they are made from some sort of fish oil.  So I think you need to "up your arsenal" and invest in a high power paintball gun!  :o ;D ;D

Much safer to tag them with a "leadball" gun.  Only problem is that the color choice is limited to red.  

Brewman

dkersten

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2006, 11:44:45 am »
Ok, Term, I know you go for the real stuff....but if you had a paintball gun, you could have at least decorated your visitors.  Not only are the paintballs colorful, they stink like fish...and sting like crazy...I think they are made from some sort of fish oil.  So I think you need to "up your arsenal" and invest in a high power paintball gun!  :o ;D ;D
I almost did this in college when I caught some kids trying to lock me in my dorm room by jamming pennies in the door jam.  I heard the noise, and when I went to open the door it stuck a little and the pennies went flying.. the kids went running down the hall.. I had just reassebled my paint gun and had it sitting right there.. unfortunately it only occurred to me about 5 minutes later that I should have shot them with it.. would have been perfect retaliation..

As far as a would be thief.. now that I think of it there would be no funner way to chase someone off than with a paintball gun.. they do sting good and can even draw blood quite easily, but dont cause enough damage that the person would sue you for it.  Plus you can catch a running thief without having to run after them.. tag them a few times as they run off then call the cops and tell them to look for kids with paint all over them..  Of course they do learn better with a big hole through them, assuming of course they lived..

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2006, 12:02:37 pm »
I have always thought that I would like to have a contraption in my pocketbook that I could activate if someone ever took it...Like the bank does with the dye packets when they are robbed. Only my contraption would blow up enough to coat the robber in dye AND some disgusting sort of smell..that way they would be easily identified.
Can you imagine the satisfaction of being able to get even instantly with the goof that mugged you?  Let them run a block or so and bam... ;D ;D
Support your dealer so they can support you!

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2006, 12:12:33 pm »
I've actually got a full-auto Tokyo Marui airsoft gun sitting on the shelf here at the store.  It fires 18 plastic BB's/second at around 300 ft/second.  It's got a tracer unit that fires glow in the dark BB's that look EXACTLY like laser beams coming out.

This is it in the picture:

Here's what they look like at night:

I could of had sooooo much fun that night if I'd thought a little quicker.  But, to be honest, I was just concerned that I might actually have to shoot someone, and that's not something I hope to ever have to do.  My customer that shot and killed the intruder in his home a few months back was justifiably acquitted of any wrongdoing, but it cost him a pretty penny in the process.  I don't want to go through that unless it's the only way the situation can be resolved.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2006, 03:42:54 pm »
The rifle is an air soft gun? Did you paint the flash supressor?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 03:44:21 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2006, 04:28:08 pm »
The rifle is an air soft gun? Did you paint the flash supressor?

The one in the picture is.  It's an exact copy of my Colt SP-1.

The suppressor in the picture is actually the tracer unit for the airsoft gun.  It has a strobe light inside that activates the glow-in-the-dark BB's as it passes through the tube.  It is slicker than 2 oysters courting in a bucket of snot!

Terminator

Snowbird

• What did he say?
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2006, 06:10:41 pm »
Term,

You are a fine example of the rugged indivdualism that made America great.  You prevented a theft that the cops could only investigate.  No crying and complaining about what the government didn't for you. Good work, but next time, let them in first.
 ;)

SB
The World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2006, 06:24:44 pm »
I appreciate your kind words Mr. Bird.  I'm just an ol' goomer trying to protect my life, liberty, and the pursuit of spa sales and I sure don't need some little dipshits messing around my backdoor. :)

Terminator

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2006, 08:30:37 pm »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2006, 08:27:05 am »
Here is what happened to me.  I had to be at work at 4am.  Around
2 am the police call me and ask me if I own a red Honda Accord - License # ------- .  I said yes but dont remember all the numbers.
Well they say they found it on the other side of town.  I said no - its in my garage - as that is where i left it.  Our bedroom is over the garage.  They insisted it was mine.  So I go down stairs into my garage and sure enough my car is there.  Just as I tell him, I hear in the background, "tell him it is not his - we typed in the wrong number"

I know they are doing there job but I wanted to kill them - lost and extra hour of sleep.

r100rs

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 06:16:57 am »
IOne more thing, while it would be tempting to fire a couple shots off to drive home the point to the would-be-thieves, you always gotta remember that the bullet will land someplace.. and nothing makes a bad night worse than by landing a bullet on top of someones head by mistake.

Anybody see mythbusters? If you shoot a bullet into the air once it looses its rotation from the rifling and turns towords the ground. It will only pick up speed based on it's weight and will not even penetrate the skin if it hits someone.
Retired

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 08:18:00 am »
There are many rules regarding gun safety, and if they are all followed carefully, mishaps can be avoided.

I consder these the big 4-

1.  Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.  
2.  Don't point a gun at anything you don't intend to destroy.
3.  Keep you finger off the trigger till you have the target sighted and are ready to
    shoot.
4.  Be sure of your backstop & Beyond.  Consider where the bullet will go if you miss.

Texas probably has more permissive rules for defending one's property than we do here in Minnesota.  We, especially those of us in the Minneapolis/St.Paul area and surrounding suburbs would be in pretty big trouble if we fired shots just to chase off burgulars.  Warning shots and the like are forbidden by law here.  
Brewman

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 11:46:55 am »

Anybody see mythbusters? If you shoot a bullet into the air once it looses its rotation from the rifling and turns towords the ground. It will only pick up speed based on it's weight and will not even penetrate the skin if it hits someone.

Every week........ and the episode you're talking of determined that what you say is true ONLY if the bullet is shot ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY straight up. When the bullet reaches it's peak, it then tumbles back to the ground, it's speed greatly reduced by air friction. If the trajectory is off ever so slightly, and is not perfectly straight up, the bullet will travel in an arc and come down with great velocity.

Term, go for the knee caps. A piece of string will stop the bleeding till the ambulance arrives, and it's unlikely they will come back,  "walking" around the back of your building.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 06:50:07 pm »
When a bullet drops from the sky, having been shot up from the ground, terminal velocity would take over sooner or later.  

I try and watch Mythbusters as often as I can.  I like the show, especially when the test things with guns.  Like shooting into water, catching a bullet in ones teeth, and making bullets out of ice.  
Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 06:50:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42