What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help me name my critter.  (Read 15817 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Help me name my critter.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 12:30:19 pm »
For some rieason Nicholas has a nice ring to it and so does Mathew.  Of cousre, I've always been found of Andrew. :)

LOL, I've got a Matthew, an Andrew, a Daniel and Nichloas was in the running. Maybe you're only partially obnoxious.

No. I'm pretty much totally obnoxious.  ;)

True, what was I thinking.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2006, 12:30:19 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2006, 12:31:14 pm »
I have and idea for a name, I'll give you the definition of the name and if you like the definition, I'll give you the word/name.

[glow](Hindu mythology) the warrior prince in the Bhagavad-Gita to whom Krishna explains the nature of being and of God and how humans can come to know God[/glow]

I think I know this but isn't that name banned on this site?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2006, 12:33:28 pm »
I have and idea for a name, I'll give you the definition of the name and if you like the definition, I'll give you the word/name.

[glow](Hindu mythology) the warrior prince in the Bhagavad-Gita to whom Krishna explains the nature of being and of God and how humans can come to know God[/glow]

Why would you even go there?   :-X

;)
07 Caldera Geneva

Reese

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2006, 01:27:31 pm »
Every Texas family should have one James William Robert (Jimbo BillyBob)! :D

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2006, 06:08:35 pm »
I thought of some indigenous Australian names last night that might be promising:

Someone I know of named his son Digger, a name he picked up in Australia.

patty

• 2006 Sundance Optima
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2006, 12:57:38 am »
Interestingly our boys name was Christopher, but we had two girls so it didn't work.  How about:
Travis
Trevor
Jacob (Jake)
Mitchell (Mitch)
Personally I think Trevor Odgen has a nice ring.  Good luck!  :)

In Canada eh

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2006, 01:06:08 am »
Terminator

How about Winchester? ;)

On another thought

Congratulations to you and your wife
Bullfrog 451

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2006, 03:00:17 am »
My brothers have the following name

Squire Roach ----
Mordecai Dempsey ---
Quentin John ---
Cline Irwin ---

Thank goodness I was born before my parents went looney

r100rs

In Canada eh

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2006, 11:56:00 pm »
My brothers have the following name

Squire Roach ----
Mordecai Dempsey ---
Quentin John ---
Cline Irwin ---

Thank goodness I was born before my parents went looney

r100rs

Don't feel bad in high school I new a Bricklin Wall and his sister Cinder.  True story,  they went by Brick and Cindy.  I think somebodies parents were into a few controlled substances
Bullfrog 451

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2006, 08:22:04 pm »
Let's get practical.

You want a name that ends with a vowel sound, so you can really sing it out. You know, for when you catch him tying his sister's hair to the dog's tail or whatever, and you need to get his attention.

I named both of my kids with names that end in 'n,' and you just really can't build up any steam when you holler a name like that.

Also, you must plan on all possible nicknames, which most folks who have offered names here have mentioned. And you must think about words that the name rhymes with. That sadly leaves out Rick, Hutt, Frass, Ferd, Jed, Rawls, Bitts, Jainus and of course for the ladies, Delores. There could be thousands of possibilities, and new slang terms do appear, so you may not want to worry too much about this one. In ten years there could be a totally offensive name for some body part that rhymes with Chris, for all we know.

Also, you should not be afraid to include common or trendy names. Looking for the uncommon can really end up in a stinko name. In fact, I have some relatives who gave their kids really stupid names because they wanted ‘unique’ names. And using numbers instead of letters is really tough on spellcheckers. “J3SS3” is also tough on the eyes. In fact, any unique spelling of a common name should be very carefully thought through.

You probably know folks who gave the offspring strange names, then blamed it on the family, “it was my father’s name.”

Of course, Dad hated it, never forgave his folks, and everyone called him something else all his life, but nobody seems to make fun of a person’s name if it belonged to grandpa.

In reality, I suppose you could use any strange name you want and just say, “it was my mother’s first-cousin’s uncle’s half-brother’s pet name for the little sister who later died” or whatever.

If the spousal unit comes up with a real loser – and there are worse names than Jesse – you can always appease her by making it the kid’s middle name. In fact, why use just one middle name? We didn’t. Our son has two middle names. He’s big enough for three, but we settled. One was the above-mentioned father’s name Peyton – (my wife’s dad)  and the other was my father’s name, which also happens to be my middle name, so it is getting much easier for him to steal from our bank accounts as he gets older.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Or you could just call him Chas – which is short for Charles, of course. Most people with that name are actually very cool.

8-)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Amanda_Panda

• Clearwater
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2006, 04:59:51 am »
chas, that was funny! ;D You know Chris, he's got  good point.
My middle name is Lynn (pretty common) but when put with my first.. I become a guitar (mandolin). That was actually cool though because most little kids would have never put that together and it's a "secret" nick-name (well, not anymore).  A couple of things rhyme like Panda (a little cutsie-wootsie for me) but it really didn't hurt my feelings like having a name that would rhyme with a cussword or bodily function. LOL!

Have you heard of the self proclaimed "best salesman in he world" who has helped build the confidence and even better the "honesty" in the sales industry? Og Mandino?
Well, how about Mandino Ogden? Plus, Mandino would be tough to rhyme with. He could be "MO" (initials) for short if he chose later on. Mo sounds pretty tough and kids wouldn't mess with him. "Stands with two fists" still has a nice ring.
An Aussie name huh? Cool! Koalakangajackalope, yeah... nice huh? You KNOW you like THAT one!
The best intention pales in comparison to the smallest good deed.

hotubinn

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2006, 12:39:51 am »
My cousin's friends name is Richard Head.  No kidding!  He didn't go by any nicknames :D

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2006, 08:46:22 am »
With a fresh one out of the oven, my ole' meanness is a bit cranky over the every three hour feedings thru the night(I do one of them). Needless to say, we named ours Wyatt, but I wanted Finn.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 08:46:58 am by hottub.pool_boy »
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

Rayman

• KEEP ON TUBBING.....Bea chcomber owner
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2006, 01:10:21 pm »
Recoil
Beachcomber 750, Brampton On Canada, GO LEAFS GO!!

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 10:29:07 pm »
Speaking of Ray...how about Ray, that sounds real good, Ray Ogden
Seriously....Ray Jesse Ogden and you could call him  RJ..I like that.
Support your dealer so they can support you!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2006, 10:29:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42