What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover lift  (Read 5633 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Cover lift
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 09:24:06 am »
We didn't get the cover lift because we couldn't find one that didn't leave the cover in a position that didn't obstruct the view into and/or out of the tub to the patio around the tub where people sit. if someone knows of a lift that somehow allows the cover to be lowered to a position where none of it sticks up past the top of the tub, I'd love to hear about it.

Cover Shelf.

We have a lot of homes with a view of the ocean, so this is very popular around here.  It does fold up against the side of the spa when you need room, or need to walk or work in that area,
but you can leave the thing folded out so you simply flip the cover and slide the cover off the tub.

Strong, simple, inexpensive.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 09:24:06 am »

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 11:23:54 am »
Wow, there are lots of different lifts out there. Can someone list the better models available today?  I would like to know how much clearance is required and whether or not they hide away or not.  

Thanks

Gombo
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 11:56:45 am »
Go to Doc's site - rhtubs.com - and go into his store, look under covers and lifts. He has quite a few and he has info on most (all?) of them!

J._McD

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 12:14:14 pm »
Wow, there are lots of different lifts out there. Can someone list the better models available today?  I would like to know how much clearance is required and whether or not they hide away or not.  

Thanks

Gombo

My preference would be for simplicity and minimal mechanical application.

Cover Butler is a frame that the cover will "hang" on that can be attached to the base or bottom of the spa, preferred mounting would be screwed to the deck if you are on a deck.  4-5 years from now when the cover increases it's weight from moisture, stress is applied to cabinet mounting aplications.

Cover mate is a frame that the cover will "hang on" that is attaached to the sde of the spa allowing a pivot point at the back, top of spa.  

Both covers will obstruct view on the backside of the spa.  This often is considered a privacy barrier or wind shield.

Hydraulic lifters are used  when the cover does not have clearance behind the spa, but someone is going to break a hydraulic lifter possibly in the future.

Different lifter have different applications and you particular situation needs to be considered.

popsicle

• 2005 HS Grandee
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2005, 05:05:59 pm »
Thanks guys for the suggestions.  I will look into all of them.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2005, 05:05:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42