What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: O.E.M. anyone?  (Read 4933 times)

fatman

Re: O.E.M. anyone?
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 06:46:15 pm »
The term O.E.M. isn't unique to the hot tub industry, in fact it is widely used all over but I have never understood the true meaning of original equipment manufacturer. Could someone please give a a clear and simple explanation of what it means?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2005, 06:46:15 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2005, 07:14:09 pm »
My understanding of the term "O.E.M."  is the manufacturer that actually made the product. If XYZ company buys something from ABC and put's it's own name on it,  ABC is the O.E.M.

The problem lies that a complicated item will have possibly 100's parts in them of different manufacturers. Each one of them could be the O.E.M. of the part or just put it's name on it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 05:13:04 am »
Maybe the sales guy meant, OEM....like Balboa. Loads of tubs have Balboa controls. Or Waterway, loads use Waterway pumps and jets. And how many actual presses are out there for forming acrylic, more than 4 I am sure but do they all get there sheets from the same company or two, I bet so? Only a few motor brands hooked to those waterway pumps. And a few heater boys. Just some thought.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2005, 05:13:04 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42