What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Enery Efficiency Question  (Read 2769 times)

guarn3md

• Still waiting...
Enery Efficiency Question
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:21:04 am »
When talking with the sales person at Hot Springs yesterday she told me that the Hot Springs Sorrento/Caldera Cumberland would not run as efficiently as the Tiger River Sumatran.  Reason - The Tiger River runs filtration/circulation (heating) continuous; whereas the Sorrento/Cumberland start and stop on timer and thus sucks more energy.  When I shared this info with DH he said "How could that be?"  I was also told that the Sumatran would cost approx. $5 a month (electric) to run and the others $35-$40!!!  Could this be?!  If so, then decision has been made, right?!
We are going to initially run this Hot Tub through 115v and convert later...
Thoughts, advice, any help appreciated...
Going w/ DH on Thursday to look/compare Sorrento and Samatran...
Thank You, Deb

Hot Tub Forum

Enery Efficiency Question
« on: May 10, 2005, 10:21:04 am »

Chris_H

Re: Enery Efficiency Question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 10:33:43 am »
I disagree with the figures from your Hotspring dealer.  I do believe the Sumatran will be more efficient, but not by $30 dollars.  It is probably closer to $5 or $10 dollars.  The filtration on the Tiger River will also be a little better than on the Caldera/Hotspot.  Also remember the Caldera/Hotspot have 1 or 2 year warranties and the Tiger River has a 5 year warranty.  

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 03:06:49 pm »
There is no electrically heated hot tub that, when kept at soaking temp 24/7, will cost $5.00/month to maintain.  Heck, if you don't even run the heater, it will cost you more than that to have the pumps run for therapy and filtration.  Then again, you can beat $5.00/month if you like green, smelly, cold water.   :P Either the salesperson was misunderstood or the salesperson is extremely clueless......
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 03:53:15 pm »
Jetsetter and Sumatran both run around $7/month here in NE Texas.  Ambient temperature is a big factor.  Grandee and Vista are $15-16/month.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

obi wan

• you're just jealous the voices only talk to ME!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 04:27:22 pm »
gee.... you say cold smelly green water like its a BAD thing??? you could save money by putting the tub on your bbq grill. (kinda like boiling a pot of water?), but i dont want to start that whole gas verses charcoal taste, debate again..... LOL

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 04:27:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42