What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: I'm Getting Called Out  (Read 10643 times)

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
Re: I'm Getting Called Out
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 03:52:07 pm »
hahaha I leave for 2 days and look what kinda trouble ya get us into, I say us because i got ya back! Im only a few miles away from the (in my opinion)crazy bastage!  ;D
-SpaMan~

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 03:52:07 pm »

hottub.pool_boy

• New England's oldest HotSpring Dealer- 1983
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 10:49:16 pm »
I've taken a few whacks tonight. ;D
OEM HotSpring Stuff & SpaGuard Chemicals Online

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 12:26:21 pm »
Wow, that is amazing.  I certainly wouldn't let that thread go on like that here. But then again since I'm in the back pocket of all you sales guys, especially you Watkins guys, I would definitely shut it down.  They must be getting  good per click ad rates.

I really tried to stay out of it, but had to add a couple of one liners as I'm suffering from sleep deprivation and wanted to see if I'm still funny.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

NittanyLion

• Fight on State...Roar Lions Roar!
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2006, 08:54:37 am »
I checked out the thread Term referenced, and noticed that this Jim is a whack job, and that it seems many intelligent good people from this site also seem to be regulars on that site.  In past references to Jim I think I remember folks saying he moderates that site, and deletes and modifies posts.

My question is this, why do all you intelligent well meaning people waste your time on that site arguing with a delusional, weasely, manipulative man with a unearned superiority complex (my summation of Jim after spending 5 minutes reading that thread)?

Momma always said that some folks are just not worth spending your time or effort on, and furthermore some folks just want attention (be it good or bad).  It's better just to ignore people like him.

Bonibelle

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • '05 Marquis Epic
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2006, 10:55:37 am »
Nittany, I have been thinking the same thing.  I was curious enough to take a peek too, but I really wouldn't waste my time talking to someone that I thought was nuts and that I really disliked. I guess in some respects he is just amusing....maybe that's it  ;)
Support your dealer so they can support you!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2006, 12:33:39 pm »
Nittnany,

The site that thread is on is the last one where Jim isn't banned that isn't his own site.  If he moderated that site all the people you saw would have been banned a long time ago.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 12:34:55 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

96SC

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2006, 04:52:33 pm »
Momma always said that some folks are just not worth spending your time or effort on, and furthermore some folks just want attention (be it good or bad).  It's better just to ignore people like him.

On the same line as NittanyLion's Momma, my dad use to say. 'Never have a battle of wits with an unarmed person'.  Whoever this 'Jim' person is, I believe has an empty holster.
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2006, 07:51:56 am »
Jim? Jim who?

::)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2006, 07:33:15 am »
The opposite of not having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent is what I use to do when I worked at CompuServe.  I was in charge of a team of 10 technicians and 4 of them never left the lab, and the rest of us would roam the company.

We (not politically correct ALARM) had this one girl working for us who was a militant feminist, lesbian, Greenpeace....and so on.  If there was a cause she had a militant position about it.  I use to say something like,  "Gays should not be allowed in the military" and walk out the door.  (Not my real position)  That would set her off for hours and make the people stuck in the lab put up with her.  It was kind of the poke a lion in the cage with a long poll kind of thing.  Some of that is what is going on with Jim I think.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 07:34:50 am by wmccall »

cooltoy2000

• Go Flames Go!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2006, 11:30:27 am »
For sure, who does not like to make fun of a fool.

In Canada eh

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2006, 01:51:56 pm »
WOW :o

Now I know, who you guys are all refering to.  Holy Crap this is a person in need of prozac!

Terminator,

Myself and Rayman and others will cover you if he decides to take an end around through Canada ;D
Bullfrog 451

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 12:19:46 pm »

Terminator,

Myself and Rayman and others will cover you if he decides to take an end around through Canada ;D

Thank you, my friend.  Rayman has always been there to help me fight the evils of liberalism.  I appreciate your support as well!

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 04:39:27 am »
WOW :o

Now I know, who you guys are all refering to.  Holy Crap this is a person in need of prozac!

Terminator,

Your OK Term........he's been banned from Canada!! I just found out.
Retired

Amanda_Panda

• Clearwater
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 10:18:36 am »
http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1263&st=110&gopid=11347&#entry11347

The Flim Flam Man is about to ruin my life, if anyone wants to see it.

Terminator

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  ;)Your pics are greatnd speak a thousand words. I especially liked the drawing of the filters in the other topic. ;D
By the way, thanks for being one of the guys encouraging me to visit this forum.
-amanda
The best intention pales in comparison to the smallest good deed.

Amanda_Panda

• Clearwater
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 10:28:01 am »
Nittnany,

The site that thread is on is the last one where Jim isn't banned that isn't his own site.  If he moderated that site all the people you saw would have been banned a long time ago.

yeah, he isn't a mod in there. I'm not sure if anyone really is on a regular basis. He had been gone for a while and it had become pleasant. But, alas... good things came out of it and made me expand my horizon's. Glad there's an active mod in here. Whew!
The best intention pales in comparison to the smallest good deed.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 10:28:01 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42