What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Master Spa  (Read 3622 times)

mike-n-bon

Master Spa
« on: April 19, 2005, 02:10:08 pm »
Well, I was all set to do it....but a Marquis Spa.  Then, I looked at a Master Spa.  I was reluctant to look at Master because of the price and the attitude I have read on this board.

I have looked at every kind of tub available in my area -- Sundance, Hotspring, Dimension, Caldera, Jacuzzi, and Marquis.  I was really impressed with the Marquis except for one thing -- it isn't very deep.  I really liked everything else about the Marquis.

When I finally decided to look at Master, I was blown away.  It seemed like every good idea from every other tub was incorporated into the Master.  I was impressed by the sales & service people, and the general layout and features of the tub.  I bought one -- the L800 -- all the bells and whistles for $9400.

I am curious, where does this negative vibe toward Master Spa come from?  I searched and couldn't find any bad press.

Thanks for all your help and feedback from my previous postings.  You all have been great!

Hot Tub Forum

Master Spa
« on: April 19, 2005, 02:10:08 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Master Spa
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 02:27:04 pm »
What Marquis model were you looking at.....

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 02:29:01 pm »
Congratulations!  

May you always have clean, hot, bubbly water!

I don't think there is much said about the quality of the actual tubs being bad, but the marketing strategies the company employs are.  Or at least, that is what I have gotten out of debate!  I could be wrong!

I know Windsurfdog and Brewski both love theirs!  If you were blown away, then I feel you got the best tub for you!!

Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

mike-n-bon

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 02:34:15 pm »
Medocino, I was looking at the 2005 reward.  Just not deep enough for me.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 02:36:30 pm »
This is kinda like that very special person we meet in life and then we marry and spend a lifetime together.  It's kinda refered to love at first sight.

There are over 140 different manufacturers of hot tub and they are all good.  It just stands to reason that some of them are Better and then a few are considered to be the Best.  So there you have it Good, Better and Best.

Master Spas has been in business since 1996 and are now in their 9th year of business, correct?  They have fashioned there spa after many of the features that other spas have to offer and they have a very aggressive marketing style.

"I am curious, where does this negative vibe toward Master Spa come from?  I searched and couldn't find any bad press."

You haven't really searched that hard if you haven't found any on this or any other site.  But it is really what you have shopped for, evaluated and wet tested.  The proof of the pudding, and the bottom line is that you investigation have led you to your decision.  You have decided that it not only measures up to all of the others, but it has won your interest and your money, this is good.  You are gonna love the hot water, no pun  intended.

It is just those of us in this industry, sometimes have too close of a relationship to our shopping customers that we have resented some of their less than ethical tactics, which you seem to to have not been exposed to.  

The spa product is good as indicated above.  Like they say go with your instinct and tell me you didn't get a rebate too.

mike-n-bon

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 02:43:19 pm »
No, no rebate was offered.  Should I be entitled to one?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 02:55:10 pm »
I have a friend who just passed his 3rd anniversary with his 1050.  I looked at the 800 as well. Probably the only reason we didn't buy it was the salesman said he would have the model that we wanted in stock in a week and he would call us, he never did, we got another offer meanwhile.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 03:08:46 pm »
Medocino, I was looking at the 2005 reward.  Just not deep enough for me.

Interesting....as if we have a issue with the 05 Reward is that it is to deep for some people ..... both the lounge and deep therapy seat ...sit very deep for most and seem to accommodate people who are up to 6'6, but it does not mean it is the right spa for you...do enjoy whatever you choose....

nrkissed

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 03:39:30 pm »
I would agree, we passed up the Reward due to the depth.  The SA Reward was just a bit less, enough for my 5'1" wife to feel more comfortable.

We dont have a Master Spa dealer in our area, that I know of!  Good luck with your new Spa!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 03:45:55 pm »
The SA reward has my personal favorite of any seat I have sat in that is the deep therapy as in water water flow with with "V" of HK 40 jets across from the foot jets ....I have the Euphoria but that is a great seat in the SA Reward

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 07:26:17 am »
I don't remember telling this story in its entirety when I was shopping.  If I did, I apologize for repeating myself.  (Mr. Moderator, you don't have to go track it down!)

When I first made the decision to seriously shop for a tub, I started with the local Jacuzzi dealer.  He was the closest store to my house.  I happened to stop on a day it was open.  He gave me a story (don't remember, but it was a sob).  Anyway, I looked at the tub.  Well...a few weeks afterwards, I had learned from the great folks around here that I should wet test, so I asked him.  He said yes, but could I come to his main store.  Turns out, it was close to a friend of mine, so I agreed.  He had another line of spas displayed at this store, but by then I was pretty well sold on the Jacuzzi.  It looked terrific and the price was really right!!!  Turned out, it wasn't the spa for me.  The dealer wrote me out a quote, I told him I would think about it, and he tried to pressure a bit, but I asked about the other line.  He said Master.  I went home and looked them up.  I had decided to stop in and really look at the Master models.  But, that very next week (after 4th of July weekend) he closed his doors.  Excuse me, was forced to close his doors.  So...no more Master or Jacuzzi brand for me!

Just something to consider.  

I guess what that was supposed to relay, get the tub you love and a dealer who you feel most comfortable with!  That is what it all boils down to!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 09:36:20 pm »
As Lori said, I have been extremely happy with my LSX which has been in service since 7/11/04.....and trouble-free (knock on wood).  You will enjoy the LS 800...... 8)
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 09:36:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42