What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: want top of the line spa  (Read 2076 times)

surfmore

want top of the line spa
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:50:11 pm »
Hello out there. Been reading this very informitive site and have learned to definately wet test before making my decision on what brand to buy. However, went to Sundance and Hot Springs and of course each said they are the best. They are both close to my house and looked at the Maxxus,Optima and HS Vista and Grande. Have to test and see if we like the lounge or not . Has far as repairs and longevity am looking for the best record and really do not care much if it is 9,000 or 12,000. Marquis is over an hour away from my house and kind of want a dealer close by for help and or problem solving. 2 repair techs each had a different opinion on which is easier to repair. Confused more than ever but if spending close to 10,000 I would assume I should not have problems for awhile no mater which brand I get as long as it's not a Cal . Just kidding looked at those also but after reading on here i don't think I want to take a chance.  Thanks for reading all my babbling any opinions would be greatly appreciate.

Hot Tub Forum

want top of the line spa
« on: April 19, 2005, 09:50:11 pm »

Payton3485

• 2005 Sundance Majesta
Re: want top of the line spa
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 10:04:54 pm »
I think both Sundance and HS are both quality spas and not too sure which one is better so to speak. I am buying a Sundance (Majesta) as I dry sat and wet tested it and it is perfect for both my wife and I. I would say to test all the models you are interested in and then make your decision. I don't know much about the HS models but the Sundance Maxxus and Optima are awesome. If my sunroom was bigger and were going to have 4-5 people regularly in the spa, we would have opted for the Optima. The Maxxus is an awesome spa as well. It is huge when you see it in person!! Good luck in your spa shopping. I am sure no matter which company or model you get, you will be thoroughly satisfied  ;D

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:18:38 pm »
If you looking for Threapy and the ability to get it in ways most spas do not offer.....try the New Epic from Marquis.....it is uncommon in some of the things it offers...Both the Hot Springs and Sundance are also nice spas...

surfmore

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 10:45:48 pm »
You are absolutely right I have to try the epic. I talked to the dealer the other day and he said to try other spas and of course that his is great for the theraputic side of it. Only an hour away so I am going to try it for sure. HE gave me a number for a tech and the guy had real good info. However talking to different techs as confused me more because each has a different opinion on repairs and expense to fix. Looked at the Dimension 1 on line because of the good reports on here and that is an hour away also but what the heck never know if I don't look and test.   Thanks again!!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 11:05:39 pm »
What makes the Epic unique is its Adirondack chair and its ability to deliver high water flow from your neck to your feet ....you can start with your back and neck .....and than move down to your thighs with 160 gallons of water per minute working your legs .....you can move the 160 GPM from the thighs to the calves to the feet ....if you are socializing you can have 6 seats all with therapy working but for those times when you are alone or with just one other person you can isolate therapy with high water flow to really work the muscles you want also with its therapy pillar you have again 160 GPM to work most every part of your body......shoulders.....hips.....wrists.....chest......legs and what is different is you can do this all from the front or the side of the body parts instead of how most of the time you work from the back of those body parts.... what Marquis really believes in is isolated high flow water therapy .... really in tune with the way a masseuse works the body muscle groups one at a time .....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2005, 11:08:06 pm by Mendocino101 »

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 11:18:43 pm »
You might want to give Artesian a look as well.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 11:26:07 am »
Surfmore,
You seem to be on the right track as both your choices are top notch. It can seem confusing but you don't need to conclude anything yet. The HS and Sundance models all probably look great and you'll find plenty of people to confirm that they are well made but the deciding factor will probably be evident in the wet test where you'll find which fits you best. Wet tests are a funny thing as you and another person of similar height and stature could wet test the same two spas on the same day and come to differing opinions. I like Marquis also but I personally would not add them in unless Sundance or HS didn't do the trick as the fact they're an hour away is a factor and while its not necessarily a deal breaker I'd only add them if the other 2 don't cut it as having a dealer very close by can be a bonus.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

leisure

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 12:26:46 pm »
As a former Cladera dealer for 13 years then changing to Dynasty I have to tell you I did ALOT of checking into other spas, and i have to say that a spa is only as good as the dealer selling it to you.......

Perk1

• Relaxed when wet....
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 04:13:42 pm »
i have to say that a spa is only as good as the dealer selling it to you.......

I would agree to some extent but I also think if you go with a major player(such as you are looking at) they will back you even if the dealer goes away.  This happened to me.  I bought my HS Landmark from my local dealer and when I called a few months later I found they no longer carry the HS line.  They gave me the number of the 'new' dealer who would take care of me and he was 60 miles away.  I called and talked to him and I called and talked to Watkins.  Both assured me that I would not notice a change in my service and they were both right.  And lo and behold, a month later the dealer who was 60 miles away opened a store even closer than my original dealer.

I guess what I am trying to say is that being comfortable with your dealer is a major factor but if by chance he does go away, it is nice to be backed by a company who values their customers.  I think you will find that both HS and Sundance will do this for you.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 04:13:42 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42