What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving a spa  (Read 2102 times)

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
Moving a spa
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:09:39 am »
Has anyone ever moved and taken their spa with them? Has any dealer prepped one for a customer?

If so what precautions did you take.

Did the mover take it or did you have to "truck it there" yourself.

Would the warranty be void?

I know it is a strange question since I don't have my spa yet.  But I'd hate to order it, have it delivered, then find out I have to move.

On a related question, mainly for dealers, how would a you feel if a customer ordered a spa for delivery to a different dealer in a different state due to having to move.

I'd really hate to lose the price I negotiated on.

r100rs

Hot Tub Forum

Moving a spa
« on: April 09, 2005, 02:09:39 am »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Moving a spa
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 01:31:49 pm »
I can't see how moving a spa would void the warranty.  
Worst I could imaging would be that any damage you caused by moving the spa might not be covered under warranty.
Brewman
Brewman

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 05:34:49 pm »
I wonder if in a situation like that if it would be worth paying the dealer's svc dept in the new area to do an inspection of the new installation. That way there would be no issues of user damage.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2005, 08:38:46 pm by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 08:54:27 pm »
Has anyone ever moved and taken their spa with them?

Has any dealer prepped one for a customer?

If so what precautions did you take.

Did the mover take it or did you have to "truck it there" yourself?

Would the warranty be void?

Yes

Yes

Using a roll of shrink wrap and some pieces of cardboard you can pack your spa like you would any other appliance.

Movers may or may not handle spas- Best to ask first. Trucking it yourself may involve renting a flat bed truck or a flat bed trailer- not a car carrier. Most spas are too wide to fit between the fenders.

While moving a spa wont void the warranty, any damage as a result of the move will not be covered by a manufacturers warranty.

J._McD

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 10:56:51 pm »
Part of the price you "negotiated" included service.  If the dealer new you were expecting to move he could chose to lower his price and do the deal.  You could certainly wire it up and enjoy it until you move but that doesn't seem to make any sense to me.

If you got a "great" price you may be letting that make your decision.  The dealer in the next town will probably service your needs, but you have no established relationship with him and he doesn't remember you buying you spa.

If you planning to move, buy it when you get there.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2005, 10:56:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42