What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Let me throw some Accolades your way...  (Read 6582 times)

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Let me throw some Accolades your way...
« on: April 08, 2005, 12:02:07 am »
If you'll excuse me, I have to go soak in my new HotSpring Accolade.

Champagne Opal, Espresso siding with an Espresso cover.
Cover Cradle, and no ozone this time....

Delivered this afternoon, filled from the special hot water tap I have installed, ready to soak.

Off to soak.

:) :) :) :) :)

BTW - here's the etymology for "Accolade."
Word History: People usually have to stick their necks out to earn accolades, and this is as it should be. In tracing accolade back to its Latin origins, we find that it was formed from the prefix ad-, “to, on,” and the noun collum, “neck,” which may bring the word collar to mind. From these elements came the Vulgar Latin word *accollre, which was the source of French accolade, “an embrace.” An embrace was originally given to a knight when dubbing him, a fact that accounts for accolade having the technical sense “ceremonial bestowal of knighthood,” the sense in which the word is first recorded in English in 1623.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

Let me throw some Accolades your way...
« on: April 08, 2005, 12:02:07 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Let me throw some Accolades your way...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 06:20:49 am »
Ummmmmm.........OK       ???
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 07:50:29 am »
Some words have been derived from other languages, possibly in a changed form (the source words are called etymons). Through old texts and comparisons with other languages, etymologists try to reconstruct the history of words — when they entered a language, from what source, and how their form and meaning changed.

Etymologists also try to reconstruct information about languages that are too old for any direct information (such as writing) to be known. By comparing words in related languages, one can learn about their shared parent language. In this way, word roots have been found which can be traced all the way back to the origin of the Indo-European language family.

The word etymology itself comes from the Greek ήτυμος (étymos, meaning of a word) and λόγος (lógos, science).
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

salesdvl

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 08:31:54 am »
The word etymology itself comes from the Greek ήτυμος (étymos, meaning of a word) and λόγος (lógos, science).

Ahhh, the ol &#942 string.....
Ya know the 942 originated from the German word for "No" followed by the "Get out of the way I'm hitting a golf ball here" warning followed by "What can we say for somethng that is one more than 1".

I love word history...  ;D
Measure once, cut twice.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Product Review
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 10:16:43 am »
wow - only one other person has ever responded to one of my posts with so many words !! Great job Bill. :)

But I digress -  let's talk about the spa.

The Accolade doesn't have the Moto Massage. It's sort of like a Prodigy on steroids - a little bigger, deeper, has a bigger jet pump, and they put in an Auxilary Control Panel and a Water Feature: the "Bella Fontanna." That is the one with three laminar-flow streams coming out of the side of the tub and the color-changing light feature which syncs up with the tub light.

And as I sat in mine last night - for the first time - I noticed it also doesn't have the Soothing Seven. I missed it, because they put in a pump which is huge by HotSpring standards - and it pounds you !

I am going to have to bring home some of the mini-spinners for the Precision jets, and one more large spinner for the bottom jet in the three-jet cluster. In fact, I found myself running the diverter in the mid point, and I think it's going to stay there. Then, by adjusting the air down on a couple of the seats as I made the 'rounds,' I got a good massage.

So if you want lots of jet pressure in a more compact package, while still getting good deep seating, this is your tub. Well, all right, this one is MY tub, you can go get your own....

;)

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 10:43:58 am »
Chas,

Is this the spa you have in your backyard or were you doing this test in your showroom?

Question about Tiger River Spas, can you put the LED light that is standard the 2005 Hotspring units as an optional feature in the 2005 Tiger River units?

Thanks,

Chris

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 10:56:53 am »
Chas,

Is this the spa you have in your backyard or were you doing this test in your showroom?
Backyard. We are putting our backyard 'remodel' on hold and I wanted something to soak in. We are going to put in a Caldera, but I was urged to take my own advice and wet test before I selected the model - so this Accolade is a short-timer but VERY welcome as I work on trying to get two stores whipped into shape.
Question about Tiger River Spas, can you put the LED light that is standard the 2005 Hotspring units as an optional feature in the 2005 Tiger River units? Thanks, Chris
Yes - the same system will simply snap in place and plug right in.
Order: "Luminescence L.E.D. Light Kit" If you can't get it locally, PM me.

Chris_H

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 11:58:55 am »
I don't need one.  I was just curious if it was available.  I just wanted to confirm that.  You are usually the best source for Hotspring related questions.

Stop trying to sell me stuff!  It isn't my fault you don't get paid for the advice you give. Eventhough, I do believe Watkins pays for your services. :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 12:02:42 pm by Chris_H »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 12:34:07 pm »
I don't need one.  I was just curious if it was available. ..Stop trying to sell me stuff!

Force of habit !!

;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 12:40:59 pm »
Force of habit !!

;)

What do you call 6 angry nuns?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 12:58:08 pm »
Ok, my sales office said to stop it, my laughing is interrupting their sleep!!!   ;)
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 12:58:19 pm »
What do you call 6 angry nuns?

Anything they want you to call them.

;)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 01:54:38 pm »
Did you forget the obligatory

?

When you get your Caldera, will you sell this as a demo model?  Who would buy a spa that someone Chas'd in? ;D

golferm

• Tiger River Bengal Owner
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 02:00:39 pm »
What's this "Accolade" selling for ?

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 02:45:20 pm »
It should be priced between the Vanguard and the Envoy.
Should be.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 02:45:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42