What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: why all the bull *(&#*$&#  (Read 3046 times)

nicker

why all the bull *(&#*$&#
« on: April 07, 2005, 04:57:15 pm »
As I was just skimming through some posts it reminded me of all the sales junk I have heard.   I am not hear to bash any dealers or sales staff at all.  In fact if I could and maybe we should be allowed to.. I would give praise to my dealer and I am sure there are lots out there that would.   Its a tough decision and allot of $$ to buy a quality spa and I know when I was looking it was a confusing process and I did look allot and even after my purchase still look to see what's out there.  Maybe we should be allowed to post and give props to our dealers the ones that are out there to look after the customer and give them a quality spa not just out there to make a fast buck.    I look at that Artic post that is growing and growing getting out of control.  But it brings up a good point.  Allot of what is in that post is about the sales tatics of Artic.  And ya I agree why?? I mean who cares that you can have people standing on the cover?? Its a cover to keep the heat in not a dance floor. And I know fist hand the Royal Dealer and Polar Spa dealer in our area going on about how cheap their tubs are and that they are the cheapest to heat each month.  Well both these dealers said that so who is right?  Exactly...someone is full of Sh&t.  This is what I am talking about.  Tell us the truth, tell us about the insulation and what the differences are, tell us about the ozonators and what the benifits etc etc. EDUCATE US  Don't come out blasting about how your tub will cost me $1.00 a month to operate because the minute I sence you bull crapping I am walking out the door.  Just be honest and tell us the features or the tubs and then let us make the choice.  I know my dealer did this (but the other 4 I went to did not).  I was lucky I found the dealer I did.   I feel I  would have probably still gotten a good tub but not been so happy about the process or maybe the after sale support that I get now.

For those that are looking take your time and make sure you are happy with the dealer you are looking at.  As you need somone after the purchase too.  

Hot Tub Forum

why all the bull *(&#*$&#
« on: April 07, 2005, 04:57:15 pm »

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
Re: why all the bull *(&#*$&#
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 05:11:07 pm »
Well said. Watching salesmen posture doesn't provide any worthwhile information generally.

Where's Stuart, SpaTech, Zztop, Mendocino101, Steve, Hottubman and empolgation ? ??? These guys are good and have made this forum what it is.

salesdvl

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 05:12:50 pm »

I am not hear to bash any dealers or sales staff at all.

Actually that should be H E R E,  not hear.  HEAR is what you do with your ear.  Thats how you can remember it: You HEAR with your EAR.

;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 05:13:25 pm by salesdvl »
Measure once, cut twice.

Bubbles

• Calls 'em as I sees 'em
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 05:18:40 pm »
It's not his fault; his "Nickers" were over his eyes

Gary1911

• Master Spa LSX!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 08:18:35 pm »
As I was just skimming through some posts it reminded me of all the sales junk I have heard.   I am not hear to bash any dealers or sales staff at all.  In fact if I could and maybe we should be allowed to.. I would give praise to my dealer and I am sure there are lots out there that would.   Its a tough decision and allot of $$ to buy a quality spa and I know when I was looking it was a confusing process and I did look allot and even after my purchase still look to see what's out there.  Maybe we should be allowed to post and give props to our dealers the ones that are out there to look after the customer and give them a quality spa not just out there to make a fast buck.    I look at that Artic post that is growing and growing getting out of control.  But it brings up a good point.  Allot of what is in that post is about the sales tatics of Artic.  And ya I agree why?? I mean who cares that you can have people standing on the cover?? Its a cover to keep the heat in not a dance floor. And I know fist hand the Royal Dealer and Polar Spa dealer in our area going on about how cheap their tubs are and that they are the cheapest to heat each month.  Well both these dealers said that so who is right?  Exactly...someone is full of Sh&t.  This is what I am talking about.  Tell us the truth, tell us about the insulation and what the differences are, tell us about the ozonators and what the benifits etc etc. EDUCATE US  Don't come out blasting about how your tub will cost me $1.00 a month to operate because the minute I sence you bull crapping I am walking out the door.  Just be honest and tell us the features or the tubs and then let us make the choice.  I know my dealer did this (but the other 4 I went to did not).  I was lucky I found the dealer I did.   I feel I  would have probably still gotten a good tub but not been so happy about the process or maybe the after sale support that I get now.

For those that are looking take your time and make sure you are happy with the dealer you are looking at.  As you need somone after the purchase too.  

;D ;D ;D Thanks

salesdvl

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 08:26:50 am »
It's not his fault; his "Nickers" were over his eyes

Hey, I like that.  Good one.   :)
Measure once, cut twice.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 09:45:35 am »

Actually that should be H E R E,  not hear.  HEAR is what you do with your ear.  Thats how you can remember it: You HEAR with your EAR.

;)

I do that all the time, it must be some sort of memory leak. I know the difference between to, two, too, their, they're, and there, but I think one and my fingers type the other.

Now about this thread, At first I thought, no don't let this  Artic stuff spill into another thread.  But I think I see the authors intention.

To be honest, I checked out of the Artic thread (no reflection on Artic at all) due to pure boredom, depending on you guys to let me know if anything needed my attention.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

mowgli1

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 10:05:10 am »

;)

We will be able to sleep better at night . The forum is protected by the grammar police.;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 10:05:37 am by mowgli1 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 10:05:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42