What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving on again  (Read 3499 times)

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
Moving on again
« on: July 30, 2006, 11:54:04 am »
Some of you dont know me. Many that have been around for a while have an idea who I am.

I am happy to announce that I am leaving retail. The bad news is I am will no longer be directly involved in selling hot tubs, although some of my customers will be.

August 14th I begin a new career as a sales representative for a company that provides financing solutions to companies in the home improvement, spa and pool industries.

In a nut shell, I am to find new businesses to offer our fiancing to their customers and work with existing customers to ensure they continue to offer our financing.

I am pretty exited. The pay and benefits are good, I won't have to work every weekend any more. I will be on the road a bit..

I may not be visiting here nearly as much as I wont have those slow times in the store to check in.
Homeworks Financing Representative

Hot Tub Forum

Moving on again
« on: July 30, 2006, 11:54:04 am »

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
Re: Moving on again
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 01:14:06 pm »
Congratulations!!!

Having recently celebrated my new position (been there a year, now),I'm sure you will be quite successful!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 02:45:00 pm »
Congrats HotTubMan. Good luck with your new career. Having weekends off should be very nice. Let us know how things turn out.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 08:05:10 pm »
Good Luck!  I hope it turns out even better than expected!!!

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 12:30:03 am »
Best of luck to you my friend...

Seems Hydropool has lost a couple good people as of late... ;) (Jim got me fired...You too?) ???  ;D ::)

Steve
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 12:30:57 am by Steve »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 11:45:23 am »
Do you still have a tub so that you will want to check in with us again?

I took am considering a career change, and value my weekends, nights, and vacations above most else.  So far, I can't get Walmart to pay be $60k to sit at the front door and say, "Welcome to Walmart".   I'd do it for $40k if they give me a laptop and a fast connection  so I could keep an eye on you guys while at work.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

HotTubMan

• My 2.1 cents, eh
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 12:26:26 pm »
Do you still have a tub so that you will want to check in with us again?

I am currently tubless. I actually had one on order, I recieved email notification it was ready at the factory, problem is I had to give my 2 weeks and I am not prepared to pay full retail for a tub. I didnt even ask my boss if I could still get the same deal. We are still on good terms, but deals like I was going to get are a perk given to people on the payroll, not on the way out.

I still have a cousin who is tub retail who will give me a good deal.

I am going to save a little cash and get one there.

My old plan was to buy at cost, fiance the purchase, sell in 1-2 years for a small profit or break even and pay off the financing.

That plan doesn't make as much sense now that I am not working for a tub retailer or manufacturer.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 02:30:22 pm by HotTubMan »
Homeworks Financing Representative

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 10:55:50 pm »
I'm happy for you!!!! I think you know too much about this business to give it up on the retail level ....Why don't you become a rep? Oh, I'm being bossy, sorry I shouldn't do that you're not my husband, lol.... Good luck, stay in touch :-* :-* :-*

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 06:39:58 pm »
well, congrats, get the perks while ya can! Especially health insurance......and write off your gas....not the kind from Taco Bell, of course, the stuff you purposely put in your car to make it go. ;)
In any case, Hasta La Winnebago, enjoy the scenery, and don't flip off any hillbilly truckers, ya never know what they're packin'. Hopefully we'll see your posts on here at least time to time, keeping us up on how "the other half" lives.  ;D
RIP C-Rod

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2006, 06:39:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42