What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: A little help Please  (Read 5829 times)

soaker

A little help Please
« on: April 01, 2005, 06:53:51 pm »
There is a local gentlemen selling a Therma Spa, the series is The Chesapeake Elite which list for around $8500, and he is selling it for $4500. He is an x therma spa salesman (starting a spa business himself). He recieved this spa as a bonus for sales. It is still in the crate bubble wrapped. I will get no warranty with it and it includes the cover and ozonator. He will del. it also. After reading some post on here, it seems that they are not a well liked spa. Can you please tell me why and if the savings is worth the downfalls. Thank you for any help.

Hot Tub Forum

A little help Please
« on: April 01, 2005, 06:53:51 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: A little help Please
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 07:11:35 pm »
... and if the savings is worth the downfalls.

That is the key, are there any real savings on a brand that does not have a great reputation for Quality and Service. What do they REALLY sell for, I have no idea but I would want to know that (not what dos he say they list for)?

Also, if he's going to go into the spa dealer business I would insist on (much as you see with dealers selling used spas) at least a 90 day warranty from him since the manufacturer warranty will not be valid (though some will say that will T-spas, the manufacturer warranty was only a piece of paper to start with).
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 07:28:32 pm »
for that much money you might be able to get a spa  with a full warranty.....  normally I would not post this here but as example a 415 from Marquis everyday line with all the upgrades meaning ozone and dura cabinet . up graded cover and more we sell for less than 5000.00 and it is a wonderful spa that is well made and well backed ....

soaker

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2005, 10:29:22 am »
Thanks for the responses. I was hoping for a little more feedback though. This is alot of money for me and my wife has arthritis in her legs. I was hoping to make a good decision. Thanks

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 10:44:20 am »
It is very hard to pass up a "deal," but I don't think you are getting one here. I have seen countless numbers of folks buy a used spa without a warranty and end up paying out money they did not plan on to make it run/keep it running. This can quickly wipe out any perceived savings. Also, if you look closely, you can find tubs with exactly the features you want, not settling for whatever this tub happens to have.

I say keep shopping , and come home with a warranty.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 11:08:42 am »
soaker,

I believe Mendo was trying to explain to you in a nice way NOT to buy the Thermo with an example of what you can possibly get.

At $5,000 there isn't a lot of choices, I'll give you that. Thermo, even though it's new, isn't considered a good brand. If you want or need a tub look at the secondary or third series of tubs from major manufacturers.

I don't know prices of D1's @Home series, Hot Spot by Hot springs (or Solana) for that matter or Marquis Everyday series but depending on the size of the tub your looking for you may get something from almost anyone's secondary line; the larger the tub the more expensive it will be.  I do know Artesian has a Promo line that my dealer carries and I believe it's well below the $5,000 mark but not all dealers carry them! Depending on where your going to put it - Nordic seems to have positive reviews. Shop around and don't get discouraged, you'll find something you like!

Good luck in your search!

soaker

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 01:10:18 pm »
Why the bad ratings for the therma spas?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 02:12:47 pm »
First you can not wet test...sold in homes under a very aggressive sales process .. no local dealer ....questionable service after the sale .... prices for same spa can be all over a price scale ...

Kulta

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 04:53:59 pm »
 We highly recommend the Watkins Solana TX . It is fine for a couple . I dont know about other states but in Fl. there is no sales tax with an Rx from your MD saying the spa is medically necessary. Also check to see if it is deductable from Fed income tax. Price about $3100 with warranty & delivery.

fatman

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 05:44:52 pm »
It will be worth your time to check out www.ripoffreport.com    Do a search on Thermospa. If you want to have even more fun, do a search on Cal Spa and Master Spa.  You can also check with the Better Business Bureau but I have found that most BBB's are worthless because it is way too easy for any business to be deemed "satisfactory".

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 09:07:53 pm »
It will be worth your time to check out www.ripoffreport.com    Do a search on Thermospa. If you want to have even more fun, do a search on Cal Spa and Master Spa.  You can also check with the Better Business Bureau but I have found that most BBB's are worthless because it is way too easy for any business to be deemed "satisfactory".

Hey fatman,
I did a search for Master Spa on your beloved ripoffreport.com and only got 1 hit......so why the attitude?  You should pay attention before you spew.....
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2005, 06:43:21 am »
Great Lakes Home and Resort makes many spa's for under 5 grand. A very good value IMO
Retired

fatman

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005, 08:27:59 am »
windsurfdog,  That's the thing about internet posting,  you cannot always discern what the other party(s) intention is because you can't see the facial expression, know the sense of humor or the general nature of the other person. While none of my messages are meant to have "attitude" or in any way be spiteful, I make no apology for my reference to ripoffreport.com or the BBB.

windsurfdog

• Loving this cool weather....
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2005, 11:19:31 am »
windsurfdog,  That's the thing about internet posting,  you cannot always discern what the other party(s) intention is because you can't see the facial expression, know the sense of humor or the general nature of the other person. While none of my messages are meant to have "attitude" or in any way be spiteful, I make no apology for my reference to ripoffreport.com or the BBB.

Here's what I suggest....refrain from posting misleading statements and there will be no mistaking attitude.  If you really feel that a single hit at ripoffreports is the basis for making the statement you made above, then I suggest you include any spa manufacturer that has at least a single hit there, such as Hot Springs.  Interesting that the MS hit was a complaint against a single dealer and not about corp. MS.  Basically, what I'm telling you, is grind any axe you want against MS....just don't be so vague and misleading.
We, the unwilling, led by the unqualified, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful...

Chris_H

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 11:35:45 am »
http://www.poolsearch.com/forum/read.php?f=11&i=12&t=12

Just curious if this discusses more than just one unhappy Master Spa customer too.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 11:35:45 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42