What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Prices around the country  (Read 15678 times)

kvnlaw

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Prices around the country
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2005, 09:49:14 am »
If it's the same dealer they are responsible for servicing the spa. Seems pretty simple to me.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2005, 09:49:14 am »

Orthofunk

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2005, 11:40:55 am »
2005 Maxxus w/ steps, cover, lifter, chemical kit, and ozonator... and a free fishy toy :)

$10750 in St. Louis

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2005, 09:26:17 pm »
If it's the same dealer they are responsible for servicing the spa. Seems pretty simple to me.

Pretty simply perhaps...what you may not be factoring in is the cost of a trip out to service said spa!  You bet your bottom dollar that they are charging for the trip.

We are strongly considering an Artesian Dove Canyon.  Do we like it HELL YEAH!  However, the dealer is located on the North side of Austin Texas....we live in San Antonio.  Over 100 miles away and with traffic a good 2 hours driving  (Austin traffic sucks) See where I am going?

I point blank asked them their warranty policy....oh yeah they will service it but each and every time it will be $75.00.  Plain and simple.

Am I happy with this....HECK NO!  Am I willing to put up with this????  Yes and I may not like it but I do understand it.

People state that the auto example is irrelevant or doesnt hold water kinda....let me use another auto example.....

Lets say I live in town X....
I LOVE Ferrari's!!!!!
I purchase a Ferrari wherever it doesnt matter.
However the nearest Ferrari dealer is 5 hours away maybe more.
I want warranty work done...what do I do?  Either I find a Ferrari mechanic in town (pipe dream).....I have a Ferrari dealer come to me (NO WAY)....or I drive it to the place 5 hours away and have it fixed (BINGO!).

The problem with this is YOU are paying for the time and gas...does that suck...YES.

Now I doubt that the Ferrari mech would come out to you so you are left between a rock and a hard place.

Like I said....the dealer may be the one that has to service your spa...but they may not have to pay for the trip to and from your spa.

Just another take on the issue.....

BTW....just because the dealer wants to have a 10,000 sq foot showroom with palm trees and sand is his/her deal.  If people are willing to pay that price then that dealer stays in business.  If the people are not willing to pay that then they go under or reduce overhead.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2005, 09:27:38 pm by Guttboy »

Moon_Madness

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2005, 11:55:11 pm »
When you make the deal for the Dove Canyon have the dealer then exclude the travel charge.  Get it in writing on the contract.  They will back up that spa.  I sell Sundance & HS and my next spa will be the Piper Glen.  I have a 14 yr Cameo now. I'm tired of the lounge, it takes up 2 seats.

spaman-

• "ANYTHING GOES AS LONG AS ITS FUNNY"-SPATECH-
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2005, 08:14:12 pm »
you will find that in Tuscon the BIG DAWG dealer is L.A SPAS.I don't sell them I just know who runs the town. :o
-SpaMan~

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2005, 08:25:32 pm »
Moon,

Did you read my post?

mowgli1

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2005, 09:41:24 pm »
you will find that in Tuscon the BIG DAWG dealer is L.A SPAS.I don't sell them I just know who runs the town. :o[/quot

Tell that to Tucson Pool & spa or Patio Pool & spa. I'm sure they could use a good laugh.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 10:43:37 pm by mowgli1 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2005, 09:41:24 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42