What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wet tested the '05 piper & '05 optima  (Read 2898 times)

samhunter

• Maxxus, Johnny walker black, Padron aniversario!!!
Wet tested the '05 piper & '05 optima
« on: March 26, 2005, 09:59:42 pm »
I wet tested the piper today (woburn MA) & here is my observation. Was very impressed w/ the overall look of the tub, the seats were comfortable (i'm 6'4") not too squeezed in. I really liked how easy it was to ajust, (no diverter valves),I just wished it had more power. 5 switchless 3hp motors,  where did the horses go? I did like the fact that all the seats had a large number of jets (the 4 main seats). the digital lighting was also very cool. I wished it had a waterfall, (soothing). cabinet was also very nice (not to plastic looking). I was quoted a price of 11,100 for the tub, coverlift, ozone, up-graded lighting, steps, chem, & delivery. Seems a little pricey, also footjets were lame at best.  While I was still wet I decided to travel to my sundance dealer in portsmouth NH. I hopped in to the optima &  immediately felt that I was squeezed in between the seat & the foot dome Knee to chin syndrome (it's tough being tall) but I  noticed  how incredibly powerful the jets were. I feel I would rather have more power than the opposite ( as long as I have the ability to lessen the pressure) The 2 main seats (right & left side of the waterfall ) had great hydro therapy, but felt the other 2 seats needed more jets. the diverter valves were very quiet but a bit confusing.  In time I'm sure i'd figure them out.  Overall the Quality looked very good The price was very fair at $9,000 w/same as above options.This is my favorite so far. I thought i heard angels humming, then I saw the maxxus (love at first site!) it did not have any water in it so I had to schedule a wet test for tues. the maxxus appears to be built for taller people, lots of leg room, deep seats, an extra pump, 55 hydro jets 2 water falls. This tub is screaming my name (I hope) and the loaded price (no stereo) is cheaper than the piper. does any body own one of these ? I would like an opinion.

Hot Tub Forum

Wet tested the '05 piper & '05 optima
« on: March 26, 2005, 09:59:42 pm »

BadBack

• In a state of Euphoria!
Re: Wet tested the '05 piper & '05 optima
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 11:28:21 pm »
I had just about the same opinion on the Piper, I thought with all those pumps it should have more power.  I also thought the foot jets were really weak.  I never tested the optima, I did not like that two seats had no jets.

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 09:18:48 am »
Question to dealers about these observations.

I know the Platinum and Gold series Artesians have larger, higher flow rate jets then the Island series. Is it possible that they also have higher flow rate jets than other higher end tubs?

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 01:41:53 pm »
Just a note about the HP on those pumps......that is BHP and not continuous or usable HP on the Artesian ....I would think the real usable HP on those is closer 1 or less ...it is a great spa for those who enjoy it but simply points to the fact that one size or spa does not fit all ....

wetone

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 08:52:43 am »
Question to dealers about these observations.

I know the Platinum and Gold series Artesians have larger, higher flow rate jets then the Island series. Is it possible that they also have higher flow rate jets than other higher end tubs?

The Gold and Platinum series jets are the same flow rate as D1's reflection & Bay series, Colemans 400 & 700 series spas with large jets.
They are Power storm jets 12 gallons per minute @ 12 PSI. The Island series has mostly Mini storm jets with 10 gallons per minute @ 14 PSI.
The Island series does have quite abit more presure at the jets, to much for some people, some of the people that wet test them at our store find the presure to high and will choose Coleman or D1.

I think jet pressure is a personal choice and that's why it is so importand to wet test

wetone

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 08:57:52 am »
Just a note about the HP on those pumps......that is BHP and not continuous or usable HP on the Artesian ....I would think the real usable HP on those is closer 1 or less ...

The platinum series pump size is 3bhp and 1.5 continuous HP.

it is a great spa for those who enjoy it but simply points to the fact that one size or spa does not fit all ....

Right on the mark... wet test, wet test & wet test.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 08:57:52 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42