What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: WISH ME LUCK!!!!  Heading out to look at spa's....  (Read 4903 times)

Guttboy

• In San Antonio looking for a spa....
WISH ME LUCK!!!!  Heading out to look at spa's....
« on: March 19, 2005, 02:52:29 pm »
Well everyone....

Our trip to San Antonio is done, I am recovering from the viral pneumonia, took a look at the new house....

Now its time to start looking at Spas!!!!

We will pack our suits and towels in a bag but today is just to get a feel on a couple of dealerships and what is all out there.

Will take a look at (in our search over the next few weeks) D1, Caldera, Sundance, HS, Marquis...cant find an arctic dealer in town and not sure if there are any near us....their designs look intriquing but cant get one if cant find one.  Jacuzzi and Coleman are also very far away from us...60 miles or so.

Just browsing today ane will hit a couple of places....will then try to see how they pan out and request wet testing for us.  We also want to ask about setup and delivery options etc.

Have been doing alot of reading here and feel pretty confident that all the brands I mentioned are comparable quality wise and it all comes down to feel now.

What I have gathered from this site is that ALL the brands above will clean water effectively.  ALL the brands above will heat water well.  ALL the brands above have decent warranties.   Now is the time to separate the wheat from the chaff and go for feel and function!!!!!

Wish us luck and Ill be sure to keep you all posted on our experiences with each dealership and with the models we test.  

I hope that this will help others in the quest for the SPA!!!!

Best wishes!!!

:)

Hot Tub Forum

WISH ME LUCK!!!!  Heading out to look at spa's....
« on: March 19, 2005, 02:52:29 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: WISH ME LUCK!!!!  Heading out to look at spa's
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2005, 03:44:59 pm »
You sound as well prepared as you can be, hopefully it will help. Let us know how it goes, we will look forward to reading the results.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wade

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2005, 04:26:42 pm »

good hunting gottboy ;D,nice handle!
    i'm sure there is atrophy tubb out there for ya. 8) 8) 8) 8)
                               happy tubb'n
                                             wade

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 07:39:06 pm »
Enjoy your quest, and let us know what you decide.
Brewman
Brewman

Guttboy

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 08:18:23 pm »
Hi All!!!

Just got back from looking at D1/Marquis/Caldera this afternoon....wife has a headache...LOL.....

We did not wet test any today although we could have...we are going to wet test the D1/Caldera/Marquis later this week.

To be honest....I am sure it is all going to come down to the wet testing.  Unfortunately there were no D1 reflection series for us to see.  In the At Home series we kinda were drawn to the Dream HP....reason...the size for us was just right.  The larger tubs seemed VERY big to us.

We will be using it 99% of the time for just the two of us and perhaps one or two other folks.   Going up in size (along with price) is probably something we just dont need right now.

The dealer was also stating that "do you really want to pay way more money for" certain items that we may not need. Yes the reflection series scrolling message center and the massage modes may be cool but I really dont think we need that.  The dream and the Aurora are laid out pretty much the same so a $2000 difference in our mind may just not be worth it.

As far as the Caldera/marquis dealer went....again none of the top Marquis line were there for us to look at.  Yes there are pictures and things but for us to be able to see one up close and personal....just wasnt going to happen for us.  Its a bummer because we would have loved to check into that.  They did have the everyday series but none of the "top o the line" models.

As far as Caldera for spa's....I was genuinely impressed with the spa's we saw....we are looking very hard at the Tahitian model.  I was quite impressed with the solid feel of the cabinet (thing felt like a tank) as opposed to the D1 @home ones that were "less solid" feeling.  Not to say they weren't good tubs just the Caldera felt like it could take a beating on the sides and the dealer really kicked the crap out of it...LOL.

So for comparing the two (we are looking at the sizes and layouts for US) right now they are the D1 @home "Dream HP" and the Caldera "Tahitian" Utopia series.

There is a $1645.00 difference when all is said and done between the Tahitian and the Dream HP.

Again our search has only entered into Day 1 so we are still in the infancy stages.

Overall impression...both dealers were very knowledgable and friendly.  Both are willing to throw in some things for us.  Both are very flexible for a wet test for us.  Both have been in business for a while although one is family owned and has been around for A LONG TIME.  Both do their own service.

Ill be sure to keep you updated......

For you D1 Dealers....I will need some serious selling to attempt to go into the Reflections line (aurora for us) as opposed to the Dream HP.  Cost is always an issue but if its THAT much better to go to the Aurora as opposed to the Dream HP....PLEASE LET US KNOW!!!!!

Marquis dealers...damn I just wish there were something to wet test here???????

Take care all and I appreciate all your comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 10:20:47 pm »
Don't forget to put a pad of paper and a pencil or pen in your "wet testing" bag!  Take notes, this will help in the long run, because after a few days, you will need something to refer back to!

Good luck!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

Guttboy

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 10:57:48 pm »
Lori,

Already have my trusty notebook!  I write down everything!

Regards,

Mike :)

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 11:11:52 am »
Good job, Mike!!!   ;) ;D
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

SpaTime

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 11:48:22 am »
Hang in there Guttboy,

After spending most of last night looking on the web at different manufacturers, I am getting fatigued.  I can fully understand your wife's headache! lol.

As we are both shopping spas, do you think you might be able to include some ballpark pricing that you've received on the spas you are concidering.  I can't speak for anyone but myself, but it would be helpful that if you see something that looks "and feels" good, and the pricing is generally the same range we are looking at, we could include it in our search.  Our budget is now around 6-7K (Started at 4-6K lol).

Only do this if you are confortable doing so and if it doesn't conflict with the site guidelines.

Thanks,

SpaTime

johnvb

• 2005 Optima! (indoors)
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 12:47:54 pm »

We have wet tested the HS Vanguard, Jacuzzi  J-335 and J-365, and Caldera Elation and Aspire.

Definitely wet test, as there were differences in all we tried. We found that we did not care for any of the lounger models.

As of right now we are leaning towards the Caldera Hawaiian or if budget permits, the Niagara. Though it sounds like marketing BS, the Calderas had more jets than the others we tried, and for us, we felt it was a positive attribute.

hottubber

• Hottubbing under the stars...PRICELE SS
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 01:03:37 pm »
Congratulations on being so prepared. There now is nothing to stand in your way of making the right decision for you.
Wet test until you're wrinkled...

good luck in your search. ;D

Guttboy

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 01:23:32 pm »
Spatime,

I dont think this violates any policies but here goes...these are without tax mind you.  Standards that are coming with these offers are stairs, cover/lifter, startup chemicals, and delivery.  These are rough prices as no "written" offer has been given to us but this is what the reps have told us.  With that being said I think that if I were to purchase one of these tubs at this price I am confident they would not "jack" the price up....

Caldera Tahitian              7500*
Caldera Niagra                8500*
@home D1 Dream HP      5900
@home D1 Venture         6200
D1 Aurora                        7700
Chairman II                     9100
Diplomat                          8300

I hope this helps with your search....I encourage others to do the same as it helps us NEWBIES searching get good ballpark figures on tubs!!!

Regards,

PS reviewed the TOS again and there was no mention of not stating prices so FIRE away yours!

Delivery did not include price on crane...but I did ask (we dont need it) and here it runs $300 for one.

* Utopia series which is Caldera's top of the line (all the options)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 01:25:08 pm by Guttboy »

poolboy34

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 01:34:51 pm »
all of those prices seem to be in line.  Lots of good deals there.

SpaTime

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 03:08:05 pm »
Here are the ballpark #'s we have thusfar;
All the prices include delivery and setup and a hard cover, not tax.

05 Sweetwater Palermo $5789,00 (list $6499.00)  It is comparable to the Sundance Optima pictured in their brochure (so says the salesman).

The next three spa's are labeled and signed as "Resort Spa" and are (so far) an unknown brand

05 Resort Spa #730L 4999.00 (list $5999.00) (The salesman offered to include the performance upgrade for $5999.00.  The list on the performance package is $999.99 so there is no break offered (yet) on that deal

05 resort spa either model 840B 7seater or the 840L 6 seater with lounge.  $6499.00 ($7999.00 list)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2005, 03:10:39 pm by SpaTime »

Greenraisin

• See you down life's highway!
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 03:20:51 pm »
Just got back from San Antonio this afternoon. Did a couple days in Corpus Christi to get out of the cold Ohio weather! Weren't home 20 minutes and we were in the tub!

Caldera Tahitian Utopea is what we have and we love it. You can't go wrong with it. Not to say you can't do better, but we love ours and we AGONIZED during the search process.

Looks like a decent price, too...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 03:20:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42