What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Funky Winkerbean  (Read 9689 times)

tanstaafl2

• Keeping a close eye on the new spa...
Re: Funky Winkerbean
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 05:16:39 pm »
I knew something didn't look right. Pretty sure it is Funky WiNkerbean. I know it has been around a long time but I haven't paid much attention to the comics for a long time. Did enjoy Bloom County the first time around as well as The Farside and I know a version of Bloom County is back but haven't been motivated enough to check it out.
In hot water with my '06 Reflections Granada

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 05:16:39 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 07:50:30 pm »
I knew something didn't look right. Pretty sure it is Funky WiNkerbean. I know it has been around a long time but I haven't paid much attention to the comics for a long time. Did enjoy Bloom County the first time around as well as The Farside and I know a version of Bloom County is back but haven't been motivated enough to check it out.

I think its now just called Opus.  My paper carries it on Sunday, I don't know if it is daily too.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: Funky Wickerbean
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2006, 08:21:58 am »
Our paper has Opus on Sunday too.  I don't think that they run it daily.  
I liked the original Bloom County.  Not so much Opus, or the strip between Opus and Bloom County- can't even remember the name of it anymore.  

OUTLAND - Yea, it wasn't quite the same.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 10:26:03 am by wmccall »
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Funky Wickerbean
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2006, 09:20:22 am »
I used to like reading Nancy. But it got wierd when Sluggo had an affair with Aunt Fritzi and then Nancy became a radical activist for the liberal media claiming a vast right wing conspiracy....

Speaking of Comics, there was a funny bit on Family Guy the other night. Popeye is at the doctors and is informed his unusual speech, manerisms and one eye closed is the result of a stroke.  

"Mr Popeye, you realize, you've been walking around for  years after suffering a stroke? The fact that you are still alive is nothing short of a miracle.  And your grotesequly huge bloated  forearms? Cancer.   I mean sir, you must have realized arms like that are not normal...."
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2006, 10:32:45 am »
I did see that episode.   Funny no Doctor has commented on the testicals growing on Peter and his son's chin.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2006, 11:12:36 am »
The Family Guy cracks me up big time- I love the rapid fire rate of the jokes and sight gags.  I did see that Popeye scene too.

Was that the same episode when they somehow flashed back to biblical times, and were somewhere in Noah's Ark?

Some guy in robes (Noah) was standing next to an elephant and a penguin.  Between the elephant and penguin was a creature with the head of an elephant and the rest of the body was penguin.  
Noah looks at them and say "What the "BLEEP"", and the elephant and penguin just shrug their shoulders.
Then Noah asks them if the've grown attached to their offspring, and says something like "Good, he's going overboard"

I found that so funny I laughed outloud for hours.  
My wife probably thought I'd lost it.
Brewman

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2006, 11:21:31 am »
I know I brought it up, but I'm not actually a big fan of the FG.  They seem to do about 10000 "Like the time...." or "Remeber when.,.." gags in a show.  I find about 10% of them amusing, but since they do about 1000000 in a show, I usally find myself chuckling quite a bit.  

Adam West is great.  I love that guy. he has the best voice.

South PArk once did an episode where they suggested the writers of Familly guy were a bunch of manatees randomly choose 3  balls with words on it.

"Look the Manatee choose the "Coffee" "Clown"and "Jesus"  balls! Quick right a scene when peter has coffee witha a clown and Jesus!"

Sometimes, I swear thier scripts are that random and bizzare.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:40:58 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2006, 09:39:04 pm »
I found that so funny I laughed outloud for hours.  
My wife probably thought I'd lost it.

At this point, I would remind everyone this guy's hobby is home beer brewing.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 09:35:26 am »
The storyline between the young couple in this strip that started out with "the hot tub incident" has returned.  At first I thought it was going to be some lecture about STDs, but I think we are giong to find out the young man is gay, and get lectured on homophobia and acceptance.  My guess anyway.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:39:56 am by wmccall »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2006, 09:35:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42