What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: the BEST beer in the world is........  (Read 18779 times)

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
Re: the BEST beer in the world is........
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 01:34:03 am »
Wow, do they still make Michelob? I used to steal that out of my dads refrigerator in high school. ;D
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 01:34:03 am »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2006, 04:00:09 pm »
Yes they do buts its getting tougher to find....but really its a very good beer and usually at a good price....

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 11:26:20 pm »
Michelob golden lite is on every bar tap in this area.
You shouldn't have any trouble finding it.
To me Michelob is the same as Miller, Bud, Coors, etc.
Brewman

Gomboman

• My Pride and Joy
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 11:32:00 pm »
Brewman,

What are you making nowadays? I used to be into the Home Brew thing a few years ago. I decided I could buy better beer for less money but it was a blast. If I were a millionaire I would purchase a brewery.
2005 Hot Spring Envoy still going strong. Million-Mile Club....

I want to get in the spa business so I can surf the internet and use Photoshop all day long.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2006, 01:08:14 pm »
My tastes usually run to ale styles.  IPA is one of my favorite.  I also like stout, and the like.  
I've made a few barleywines over the years too.  
I have some 7 year old Russian Imperial Stout, which has aged nicely due to it's high alcohol content.
I also make the occasional lager- usually a Marzen or Octoberfest style.   I have a temperature controlled fermentation chamber, so I can ferment at lager temperatures.

As you found out, you don't really save any money by making beer.  You can, but it's not enough of a savings to bother with.
And if you like the really light styles of lager, like Coors, Miller or Bud lites, then it's really not worth bothering- those styles are very difficult to replicate, and you can't compete pricewise with them.  
It's with the really odd or strong styles that you can save money.  
Brewman

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 01:51:11 pm »
Michelob golden lite is on every bar tap in this area.
 You shouldn't have any trouble finding it.
To me Michelob is the same as Miller, Bud, Coors, etc.

Brewman I know you are the King of Beer.....but knowing someone from who works at the brewery they assured me the hops and grains they use in the Mic is a premium grade and much higher than whats in the regular Bud...

Micah

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 06:06:11 pm »
Has anyone tried a boddington? It uses nitros instead of co2.  I tried it last night at a place called "The Yard House" Really smooth!
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 08:52:45 am »
Brewman I know you are the King of Beer.....but knowing someone from who works at the brewery they assured me the hops and grains they use in the Mic is a premium grade and much higher than whats in the regular Bud...

Thanks, but Bud can keep their King Of Beers title.  
I'm sure that Michelob uses premium grade ingredients in their beer, but A/B, Millers, Coors, etc... will all claim that as well.  
Michelob is a fine beer-  The others are all fine- I prefer beer with a little more body and flavor- (hoppier and maltier depending on type) than the standards.  That doesn't make those beers worse or mine better better.  
It may be that my taste buds just aren't sensitive to the differences between the regular brands- smoking cigars probably has something to do with that.

I have tried Boddington's- liked it very much.
Was yours served draft or bottled?  I've had the bottled stuff, haven't been anywhere it's been on tap.
They use those nitrogen widgets in the bottle.  
Guiness Stout is also pushed with nitrogen.  I looked at getting a nitrogen rig for my draft dispenser, but I can't stomach the cost- would require me to plop down at least $300 for the rigging.  

Went out on the boat yesterday- very hot and humid for this time of year.  Bought a sixer of regular old Sam Adams's Boston Lager- which was too heavy for Mrs. Brewman and my buddy- they stuck with the lites.  
To me Sam Adam's regular Boston Lager is light enough.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 08:55:32 am by Brewman »
Brewman

r100rs

• A real BMW only has 2 wheels!
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 08:54:31 am »
   the BEST beer in the world is...... FREE!!  ;D   ;D   ;D

My preference - Bitburger Pils or Trierer Loewenbrau

r100rs

hymbaw

« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 12:31:27 pm »

My preference - Bitburger Pils

Ein Bit bitte!!!!

Good stuff.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

bosco0633

• Look into my eyes
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2006, 08:23:40 am »
I am suprised that this has gone to a third page without some canucks kicking in.  Here are some of my favourite beers.  if you are in our neck of the woods give them a try.

Sleemans is a local brewing company in Ontario.  The sleemans is a smaller brewery that makes premium beer.  The clear is a low carb 2.9g of carbs, it is 4% and so smooth.  Great for summer.  The sleemans original draft is a sweet dark beer, one of my favs as well.

Now lets kick it to the east coast of Canada.

keiths is one of the best draft beers that I have ever had.  It is an awsome beer nice and smooth, and great with a little lime cordial.

and of course molson products.  Years of perfection and great tasting.  

Just wanted to give you options other than germany

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2006, 02:35:44 pm »
I am suprised that this has gone to a third page without some canucks kicking in.  Here are some of my favourite beers.  if you are in our neck of the woods give them a try.

Thay have breweries in Canada? I just assumed they imported top notch American beers like Coors, Rolling Rock and Bud.   :o
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2006, 03:58:06 pm »
Playing "The Beer Hunter" game, ala Bob and Doug McKenzie is one of my favorite non spa past times.  

I still have the "Great White North" album they did back in the early 1980's.  Good day, EH?

So heck Ya they have breweries in Canada.  
Brewman

TMJ

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2006, 05:22:07 pm »
My dad would love this thread, he worked for one of our breweries, for 20+ years. They just recently demolished it.
He would have a very strong opinion on the best beer. Even now, retired for about 15 years, he still gets his monthly voucher, but he is not able to enjoy it, had to give up his vice....

LtDan

• Jacuzzi J345
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2006, 05:43:44 pm »
Playing "The Beer Hunter" game, ala Bob and Doug McKenzie is one of my favorite non spa past times.  

I still have the "Great White North" album they did back in the early 1980's.  Good day, EH?

So heck Ya they have breweries in Canada.  

I have their movie "Strange Brew", a true beer drinkers classic.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2006, 05:43:44 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42