What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: the BEST beer in the world is........  (Read 18784 times)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
Re: the BEST beer in the world is........
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 08:10:43 am »
 Funny that people brag about how much wine can cost, but balk at paying higher than usual prices for beer.
A store with a well stocked beer selection will often sell by the individual bottle- that way you can try something different without having to buy so much.  
I've seen beer selling for as much as $10/bottle.
I've seen some really odd brews selling for around $100 per bottle- and it was a relatively small bottle.  
Sam Adams made some type of beer selling in this price range- might have been their Tripple Bock, not exactly sure.  Even I won't pay $100 for 8 ounces of beer.

Brewman

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 08:10:43 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 09:48:20 am »
If anybody likes hefeweizen's you have to try a blue moon.  also a Shiner hef that uses nitros instead of co2.  I just finished my keg of bluemoon and we started on the shiner hef

I like the blue moon, and at the club the other night, the bartender recomonded a hefewezen. I thought it was okay, a bit creamier, and sweeter. I prefer the blue moon over it. But it was nice to try.  

At another bar,  a few weeks ago,  they had a spiced summer ale, I think it was from Blue moon. It was fantastic.  After several of them, it was amazing how smart, and knoweldgeable I had become. Amazing!  ::)
07 Caldera Geneva

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 09:51:59 am »
Funny that people brag about how much wine can cost, but balk at paying higher than usual prices for beer.
 A store with a well stocked beer selection will often sell by the individual bottle- that way you can try something different without having to buy so much.  
 I've seen beer selling for as much as $10/bottle.
I've seen some really odd brews selling for around $100 per bottle- and it was a relatively small bottle.  
 Sam Adams made some type of beer selling in this price range- might have been their Tripple Bock, not exactly sure.  Even I won't pay $100 for 8 ounces of beer.

I think that was a Sam Adams Bock in the copper flask bottle?  I had an oppurtunity to try it at a charity event last year and thought it tasked like port.  

They were bidding on a bottle of it and it was up to $120.

i should have bought it, as I understand an unopened bottle in the collectors flask is now in the $200 range.

::)
07 Caldera Geneva

Micah

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 11:52:30 am »
Micah,
If you like Blue Moon (made by Coors to mimic a Belgian) do yourself a favor and pick up some Belgian imports. You will never look at Blue Moon the same! Find a specialty beer retailer and they can guide you to the best for you(there are hundreds of 'em).  Or maybe not, they are expensive.

hmbaw,
I've only had the kegerator for about 6 weeks, when my shiner bock/hef is gone my next keg is from the hofbra house in germany.  After that i'll try another belgian beer.
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

hymbaw

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 12:06:51 pm »
Have you been to the Hofbrau?
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

hymbaw

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 12:12:07 pm »

I don't balk at expensive beer(most is well worth it). It 's just that if I'm going to throw down a sixer while sitting in the boat, it can get expensive. My favorites run in the $9 - $18/ six pack.
People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2006, 12:23:53 pm »
I hear you.  What doesn't get expensive while sitting a boat?  
Cash registers ring loud and clear when we're out in ours!

Brewman

Micah

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 01:22:55 pm »
Have you been to the Hofbrau?

I have never been there, My wife has been there twice.  I have had many of Hofbrau's beers in bottle but I hear it you have to try it in tap
Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Caldera dealer in Los Angeles

hymbaw

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 03:10:58 pm »
I agree, much better on tap. At Oktoberfest the Hofbrauhaus is where the rowdiness is but IMHO the Paulaner(it's own tent) and Spaten(4 tents!) breweries produce superior beer.

Here are some of my favorites. Try some bottles before commiting to a keg, but definately try:

Spaten Premium (awesome lager)
Spaten Oktoberfest (marzen style)
Paulaner Original Munich Lager (marzen)
Paulaner Hefe-Weizen
Hacker-Pschorr Weisse
Hacker-Pschorr Edelhell (lighter beer)
Schneider Weisse (The best weisse in the world)
Schneider Kristall (filtered weisse - YUMMY)
Ayinger Jahrhundert ( light lager - awesome!)
Schlenkerla Rauchbier ( a smoked beer made in   Bamberg, very unique, very good)
Reissdorf Kolsch (Cologne[Koln] style beer)

As far as the Belgians.......That's another post ;D

P.S. Can you tell I get a little excited about beer?

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 04:30:27 pm »
This was a very informative card that came attached to some Shiner Marzen beer I bought last year.  It told all about how they made the stuff.

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2006, 09:48:34 am »
Term,  I will bet you a case of bock that's tammy in the backgound.  ;)  Am I right?  

Hymbaw, have you been to Okertoberfest? ! ?

We have talked about going some year, but have also heard it's a complete zoo and tightly packed. if you get up to go the bathroom, you'd loose you're seat, and it can be very frustrating at times with the huge crowd.  What was your experience?
07 Caldera Geneva

East_TX_Spa

• Mentor Level Member
  • 30 Year HotSpring Spa Dealer
    • I Love My Spa
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 12:52:55 pm »
Term,  I will bet you a case of bock that's tammy in the backgound.  ;)  Am I right?  

You recognized her belly bauble, didn't you?

Terminator
Just layin' low and chucklin' in my stomach wif' da fidgets...

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 01:02:37 pm »

You recognized her belly bauble, didn't you?

Terminator

She has a belly bauble?
07 Caldera Geneva

hymbaw

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 02:27:38 pm »
Drewstar,

Complete absolute insane zoo! In a good way! It does get to be a bit much after a while, however.

Don't go if..........[glb]OR[/glb]

If you get annoyed at beligerant drunks bumping into you.......[glb]become one[/glb]

If you get annoyed trying to understand other languages (You will hear them ALL!)...[glb]Nod, smile, and say "PROST"[/glb]

If you're going to find the "real Germany"....[glb]Stay elsewhere and take the train into Munich for the day.....Have a blast then get out.[/glb]

If you're a vegetarian.....[glb]Reclassify chicken as your favorite veggy and you'll be O.K.[/glb]

If you think Canadian beer is "too heavy"...[glb]No "or" if this is the case, just don't go![/glb]

Seriously, It's something every beer drinker should do. A lot of towns have Harvest festivals that time of year and would be fun without the mayhem. The staying elsewhere(Augsburg, Ingolstadt, even Garmisch) and coming in for the day could be your best option if you can't get into "spring break" mode. The main tents are by reservation so you can't get in by early evening. Most people don't have reservations so they go early. The tents (especially the Hofbrau tent) are insane by 10:00am!!

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 12:48:35 pm »
I am not by any stretch saying its the best but I over all enjoy Michelob as much as any....

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 12:48:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42