What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Giving credit for quotes  (Read 6636 times)

96SC

Giving credit for quotes
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:25 am »
I noticed when I insert a Quote it only says 'Quote' while the rest of you it gives credit to the original author.  How do you do that?  I don't want to be accused of plagerism, unless the penalty is mammory asphyxiation (as mentioned in another thread).
Before I speak, I have something important to say--Groucho Marx

Hot Tub Forum

Giving credit for quotes
« on: June 27, 2006, 11:08:25 am »

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Giving credit for quotes
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 11:15:26 am »
I noticed when I insert a Quote it only says 'Quote' while the rest of you it gives credit to the original author.  How do you do that?  I don't want to be accused of plagerism, unless the penalty is mammory asphyxiation (as mentioned in another thread).

If you click the "quote" icon in the upper right hand corner of the post you want to quote, it should do it automaticly. Jsut as you see here in my post.  What do you do that this is not occuring? !? ?

Yes, if you plagerize, our female moderator  Ms Biguns will punish you usually by asphyxiation.

Sometimes, I plagerize several times a day. ::)

Ms. Biguns. (file photo)
Forum Moderator.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 11:17:08 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

dsegel

• Carpe Diem!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 11:18:45 am »
Go to the post you want to quote and there is a "quote" option in the upper right hand corner.  Click on that and it will take you automatically to the reply dialog box with the quote already inserted, as well as the "credit" for the original post.  If you don't want to quote the whole thing, just delete out what you don't want.
'06 Majesta

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 11:26:09 am »
Go to the post you want to quote and there is a "quote" option in the upper right hand corner.  Click on that and it will take you automatically to the reply dialog box with the quote already inserted, as well as the "credit" for the original post.  If you don't want to quote the whole thing, just delete out what you don't want.

Yeah, what he said.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Tatooed_Lady

• Participating in the Witness Protection Program
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 08:33:10 pm »
Yes, if you plagerize, our female moderator  Ms Biguns will punish you usually by asphyxiation.

Just be sure you're not asphyxiated by MR Biguns
RIP C-Rod

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 09:32:11 pm »

Yeah, what he sayed.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

96SC

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 05:53:35 am »
Thanks for the info, I'll try it.

If Ms. Biguns is the punishment I may take credit for writing 'Exodus'.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 09:13:52 am »
Thanks for the info, I'll try it.

If Ms. Biguns is the punishment I may take credit for writing 'Exodus'.

That's great 96SC. I'm glad we could help.

On a much sadder note,  our palagerism moderator, Ms Biguns had to take some time off for medical purposes.  It's my understanding  she was having some problems with severe  lower back pain and some quack doctor suggested jogging. Well to make a long story short, she  knocked herself out, she has two black eyes and almost gaver herself a concussion.  EMT's said it was nothing short of a miracle that she is still alive.

In the mean time,  let's give a big "Whatsthebesthottub" welcome to our new palagism moderator, Michael. Michael will be responsible for punishing any one who palagerizes.He's on loan to us from our sister site "what's the best monkey lubricant.com"

Welcome  Mike!  

Get well soon Ms Bigguns!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:14:20 am by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

96SC

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 04:45:01 pm »
drewstar, to answer your question I would open the reply window and go to the 'insert quote' icon (next to last on the bottom row).  Copy the quote I wanted and pasted it between the
and

As far as the new moderator Michael, please no costume malfuctions from you....wait you are a malfunction.

drewstar

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 08:45:17 am »
drewstar, to answer your question I would open the reply window and go to the 'insert quote' icon (next to last on the bottom row).  Copy the quote I wanted and pasted it between the  and .

As far as the new moderator Michael, please no costume malfuctions from you....wait you are a malfunction.

Using the quote feater next to the posting, qives you the above format (which you can still edit if you want)

Using the quote icon button and copying /pasting what you want between the quote brackets will give you this format

this is how it  formats when using the quote icon button on the toolbar.

The differnce bing the first  format automaticly includes the posters name and date that you are quoting.

and speaking of our moderator.....
Micheal is very excited about being the palagirism watchdog on this thread. When Wm Mcall asked him to be a guest moderator on a hut tub forum,  Michael was very excited, and said

"Hot tubs? like in Bubbley water? !? I love Bubbles! I used to blow Bubbles all the time!"

Ah....that's just great, Michael.  Just great.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 12:21:27 pm by drewstar »
07 Caldera Geneva

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 06:22:00 pm »
I ran into him at Walmart the other day.

"What are YOU doing in a Walmart?" I aked.

His reply, "I heard they had little boys underwear half-off."

Sorry - an old joke, but then, I'm an old guy...

:-[
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2006, 06:22:00 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42